Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Baseball offseason

youarehot99

I hate this....I come on this board and 95% of the posts are about baseball. I turn on ESPN or ESPNEWS and 95% of the stories are about baseball.

ITS NOT FUCKING BASEBALL SEASON! I'm sick of this over-coverage of shit... I'll steal one from Micahel Wilbon on PTI, who feels the same way. I have a "wake me when it happens" attitude. Yeah its big that all this stuff is happening. But for christs sake, covering meetings and having segments about stuff that "might" happen is ridiculous. When it happens, tell us about it....otherwise, ya know there are 3 other professional sports in season right now! But when I turn on ESPN, the top stories are aobut baseball. UGH!

Originally posted by spragga25

Ummm...if the Jets, Giants or Knicks were in the playoff hunt...no one would give 2 shits about baseball's offseason

some of us were watching the patriots and the sox at the same time 2 months ago. in fact they both played at the same time one sunday, that was a frustrating day of going back and forth.

now we are watching the celts & pats play as well as following the sox in the off-season. maybe we just love all aspects of our boston sports and we are not going to ignore some of the best off-season moves made by our sox. it's called die hard fans.

believe me we are watching the pats & celts too, but we aren't ignoring what is going on in baseball either.

Originally posted by l155a

some of us were watching the patriots and the sox at the same time 2 months ago. in fact they both played at the same time one sunday, that was a frustrating day of going back and forth.

now we are watching the celts & pats play as well as following the sox in the off-season. maybe we just love all aspects of our boston sports and we are not going to ignore some of the best off-season moves made by our sox. it's called die hard fans.

believe me we are watching the pats & celts too, but we aren't ignoring what is going on in baseball either.

sure doesn't seem like it :rolleyes:

sure doesn't seem like it :rolleyes:

celts last night over cleveland 105-98.

pierce - 41

james - 37

pats clinch afc east last weekend by beating miami 12-0 in the snow.

pats beat jacksonville today 27-13 in the snow again to secure their #1 spot in the playoffs right now.

pats vs. jets next saturday - yes i will be watching.

pats vs. buffalo the following saturday - yes i will be watching.

if they win their last 2 games they will be guaranteed #1 seed in the playoffs.

after the next 2 regular season football games i will be watching rodney harrison sacking quarterbacks all the way to the superbowl.

anymore questions hata?!? :laugh:

Originally posted by l155a

celts last night over cleveland 105-98.

pierce - 41

james - 37

pats clinch afc east last weekend by beating miami 12-0 in the snow.

pats beat jacksonville today 27-13 in the snow again to secure their #1 spot in the playoffs right now.

pats vs. jets next saturday - yes i will be watching.

pats vs. buffalo the following saturday - yes i will be watching.

if they win their last 2 games they will be guaranteed #1 seed in the playoffs.

after the next 2 regular season football games i will be watching rodney harrison sacking quarterbacks all the way to the superbowl.

anymore questions hata?!? :laugh:

You're different...you got all that from ESPN.com and you're a completely insane fanatic ;)

I hate...therefore I am!

You're different...you got all that from ESPN.com and you're a completely insane fanatic ;)

I hate...therefore I am!

no, i'm sorry, i have actually been watching all of the games.

troy brown made his return this week and made a nice td catch, nice return to the field troy! we missed you! givens made an incredible catch for the pats today while flying through the air pretty much with his back parallel to the ground as he caught the ball. the pats were charged with 2 penalties today that were assessed on the following kickoffs, unecessary roughness and roughing the passer.

and last night i was pissed that pierce was charged with a foul on lebron when pierces feet were planted while lebron took it in for the shot and lebron drove pierce to the ground and he was almost injured(i was going to hate lebron forever if he had injured pauly). lebron's 37 points are now the most he has scored in a game since entering the NBA.

why do you even doubt that i am watching other boston sports just because the sox are making trades right now and i know about them? stop being a bitter sports fan!!!!!

you still gonna hate, hata? :laugh: