Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Let me re-iterate why I hate Space...

philippio

For those who missed it, I lost 2 very good friends because of the 2nd closing party fiasco. They drove down from Orlando cause of all the hype about DT closing Space and we paid cover (that wasn't the bad part, it was only $30) and then there were guest line-up posters all over the place listing dj's all the way to Novemebr. That really pissed my friends off and made them think that first, I was lying to them about Space closing and second, that we were all jipped and suckered out of our principles. SInce that night, they refuse to come back to Miami because they think the episode will repeat itself even somewhere else. This, mind you, from two friends who live in Titusville, FL of all places (average population age is like 60). But one's from Chicago and the other's from NYC. And so that's why I hate Space. I don't care if you think I'm being immature or a cry-baby about this but things like that get to me. I believe I am a person with some principles. I know there are others out there who may share some of my views about the whole scenario. :D:hat:

See Bling, some people don't understand that, yet everyone always says that it's not the music, it's who you go out to have fun with. So I went with my friends but we didn't have fun even though DT was spinning. So I just wanted to clear up why I have this built-up anger over the Space incident and why I don't go anymore. Oh well, one less person isn't going to make a difference. Now CP knows my reason.

Yeah you're crying over spilled milk, but at the same time it didn't take a rocket scientist to realize Space wasn't gonna close...whether they changed names or decided to stick it out, which they did, it was kinda obvious a few days into it that it wasn't gonna close.

It's funny you should mention that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out cause it just so happens all 3 of us went to school together for aerospace engineering which would make us rocket scientists and therefore we wouldn't be able to figure out that it wasn't a closing party for real.

Another thing, I just don't like sbeing in the terrace when the sun comes up and seeing all these faces showing the after-effects of drugs and just the whole place full of garbage on the floor and it's just not my idea of fun.

Originally posted by pod

Yeah you're crying over spilled milk, but at the same time it didn't take a rocket scientist to realize Space wasn't gonna close...whether they changed names or decided to stick it out, which they did, it was kinda obvious a few days into it that it wasn't gonna close.

Does not make it right . . . Space was the best club until that point.

After that fiasco it has gone down whether you want to admit it or not.

I went last week for Lawler - place was dead. And I'm not saying that to bash LP or the place - just stating the facts.

Bottom line is that alot of people are still pissed and don't want to spend lots of $$$$ and a place that lied - plain and simple. There are plenty of other places . . .

I mean before the closing parties, I still had a good image of Space even though I was living in CT and only visited once in a while. I loved the old Space at the original location with the 2 rooms side by side and the wooden patio right behind when Oscar used to play some great tribal and dark house when it was first coming out but it just seems to have lost its luster as of late and the closing parties did more harm than help for the club's image in the face of clubbers which in my opinion, is a lot more important than the media image. Reporters aren't the ones who go clubbing. We are. :D:hat:

The fact remains a majority of the general clubbing public .could care less about the inner dealings or the morality of Space’s actions. People want a place too party and space offers them that. Did the closing fiasco hurt them? Yes, it did. you had many Space customers thinking the club was closed. You just take that as a lesson, learn from it and move on.

Space is getting back there audience. The success of parties such as PVD, Lawler, etc has helped to let people know the club is in fact open.

Putting all the obvious hatred for Space, many seem to have on this board aside for a moment. The fact remains Space is open, and is doing just fine from what I have observed.

If the morality of Space’s actions disturb some people. Then find someplace else to go that serves your interest. The constant bashing serves no purpose, other then helping to stroke some peoples already inflated egos.

Please get over it and move on.

;)

Originally posted by sobeton

The fact remains a majority of the general clubbing public .could care less about the inner dealings or the morality of Space’s actions. People want a place too party and space offers them that. Did the closing fiasco hurt them? Yes, it did. you had many Space customers thinking the club was closed. You just take that as a lesson, learn from it and move on.

Space is getting back there audience. The success of parties such as PVD, Lawler, etc has helped to let people know the club is in fact open.

Putting all the obvious hatred for Space, many seem to have on this board aside for a moment. The fact remains Space is open, and is doing just fine from what I have observed.

If the morality of Space’s actions disturb some people. Then find someplace else to go that serves your interest. The constant bashing serves no purpose, other then helping to stroke some peoples already inflated egos.

;)

:werd::aright:

its about time.

Originally posted by philippio

For those who missed it, I lost 2 very good friends because of the 2nd closing party fiasco. They drove down from Orlando cause of all the hype about DT closing Space and we paid cover (that wasn't the bad part, it was only $30) and then there were guest line-up posters all over the place listing dj's all the way to Novemebr. That really pissed my friends off and made them think that first, I was lying to them about Space closing and second, that we were all jipped and suckered out of our principles. SInce that night, they refuse to come back to Miami because they think the episode will repeat itself even somewhere else. This, mind you, from two friends who live in Titusville, FL of all places (average population age is like 60). But one's from Chicago and the other's from NYC. And so that's why I hate Space. I don't care if you think I'm being immature or a cry-baby about this but things like that get to me. I believe I am a person with some principles. I know there are others out there who may share some of my views about the whole scenario. :D:hat:

wow! you lost two friends over clubbing incedent? then you should thank LP because it sounds like your friends are shallow. i am not bashing on you or anyone but i would never let a friendship be ruined over something as petty as this.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by funketeer

Yup...who cares about the technicalities...at least Miami still can claim to have the biggest club in the land...:cool:

Exit in NYC could swallow space up twice over....

The Main room is massive.. It will do 10,000 clubbers on a night.

And yes it snows in the main room of club exit... Though Tsettos and Baez were the best residents ever at Exit;)

Originally posted by sobeton

;)

I think people are over it . . . that's why they aren't drawing as many people. Place just is not the same as it used to be.

And I really don't hate Space or LP . . . .

Just don't like spending my hard earned money and a place where it is not appreciated.

Originally posted by saleen351

Exit in NYC could swallow space up twice over....

The Main room is massive.. It will do 10,000 clubbers on a night.

And yes it snows in the main room of club exit... Though Tsettos and Baez were the best residents ever at Exit;)

ok, ok...I give up...how about the biggest club in Miami's worst and most dangerous ghetto?

Will that do? :confused:

Originally posted by sobe2003

After that fiasco it has gone down whether you want to admit it or not.

I went last week for Lawler - place was dead. And I'm not saying that to bash LP or the place - just stating the facts.

Hmmm...PVD was PACKED ...maybe they should book more TRANCE DJ's.:D

Just in case your reading this...

Hi LP, just that annoying girl trying to put a bug in your ear again.:laugh:

Originally posted by CrzyC

Hmmm...PVD was PACKED ...maybe they should book more TRANCE DJ's.:D

Just in case your reading this...

Hi LP, just that annoying girl trying to put a bug in your ear again.:laugh:

Trance DJs cost (mostly undeservedly...zing!) an arm and a leg to book...and aside from Tijs and PvD and the other obvious ones, none are guaranteed to have a draw that big...

And people in this town actually like house, too. Bigger house names like Danny Howells, Sasha, John, Erick Morillo, and Deep Dish will pull a crowd to reckon with.

Space brings in roughly one or two trance DJs a month anyway, lately...an even split is about as good as it will get.