Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Root canals

mala

dont you only need a root canal if youre in severe pain???

i dunno but i have heard of people getting 2 at once and surviving. i dont think it is the root canal that is bad, it is the exposed nerve or whatever causes it. my SIL had to have one & she said she knew b/c she had a massive headache and serious pain.

well goodluck, i am sure everything will go OK. it sucks but it is something you have to deal with & if youre doing it before you have the real pain, everything will be THAT much easier.

oh and i agree abotu the painkillers ;)

I was in severe pain, but I think those damn nerves are almost dead. I was living on orajel and alleve until I decided to go to the dentist. When I finally called to make an appointment they told me the only available date was 3 weeks away. :rolleyes: I took what I could get, saw the dentist on Monday, and I'm now scheduled for a root canal on Thursday. I'm not too concerned with the possibility of pain, I just feel inconvenienced by the whole thing.

Originally posted by mala

I was in severe pain, but I think those damn nerves are almost dead. I was living on orajel and alleve until I decided to go to the dentist. When I finally called to make an appointment they told me the only available date was 3 weeks away. :rolleyes: I took what I could get, saw the dentist on Monday, and I'm now scheduled for a root canal on Thursday. I'm not too concerned with the possibility of pain, I just feel inconvenienced by the whole thing.

It should only leave you bothered for a half a day, other then that it'll just be a little sore

Dont use orajel though, its not good to use. Thats not good at all that you had to wait 3 weeks for an appointment...next time just tell the doctor its an emergency, then he has to schedule you.

Destiny, I think this is the second time you said that orajel isn't good. Why is that? :confused:

It slowly burns the gum and makes whatever problem you have worse

It's okay to use if you have a very minor problem (i.e. you bit down wrong on something..no damage but its still a little sore because you really only use it once before it feels better ), other then that, it causes more harm for then good, especially for just temporary relief that doesn't last very long.

Keep taking the Aleve, 2 every 4 hours or so, and keep a compress over the cheek where the tooth is, and it should be okay until you get the first stage of the root canal is over with ;)

Btw, if he insists that you get all the stages of the root canal done in one sitting, tell him no

Thanks, Destiny. My tooth doesn't hurt anymore, but it still needs to be worked on. I was actually hoping to get the root canal done in one shot, but he is spreading it out over 2 visits. I'm sure I'd be in more pain if I got it done in only one sitting, but I just want to get it over with. I know, I'm a glutton for punishment.

Thanks, Destiny. My tooth doesn't hurt anymore, but it still needs to be worked on. I was actually hoping to get the root canal done in one shot, but he is spreading it out over 2 visits. I'm sure I'd be in more pain if I got it done in only one sitting, but I just want to get it over with. I know, I'm a glutton for punishment.

:eek: :eek: oh my

I wouldnt suggest getting it done in one visit at all. Getting it over with is one thing, being in pain is another

goddamn. that is cruel to make someone wait 3 weeks for a root canal. if i was in pain my dr would schedule me as an emergency. it happened to me once, i had a toooth that was sensitive to cold so i called my dentist and told him i needed a root canal (well i thought i did) and they scheduled me the next morning at 8am. i went there at 8 and they concluded i had a sensitive tooth & sent me home :laugh: but whatever, if my dentist took me the next day over something so stupid, yours should take you!!