Clubplanet Nightlife Community

rating dj's

BobG

everybody is gonna say that oakenfold and pvd are overrated blase blah!! but seeing those two guys perform is really almost "magical" yeah other dj's may have better mixing skills and whatnot.. but if we're going on overall experience these two guys are the sheeeiii!!

Originally posted by oldtimer

everybody is gonna say that oakenfold and pvd are overrated blase blah!! but seeing those two guys perform is really almost "magical" yeah other dj's may have better mixing skills and whatnot.. but if we're going on overall experience these two guys are the sheeeiii!!

:rolleyes:

Guest djdrip2002

it would be better if u just didnt talk

some of these "over rated " djs aren't that bad

just mega exposed and a little commercalized

tiesto for example

maybe considered commerical

but i think he still has some siiiick productions

same thing with pvd

ppl think hes overrated

but ppl seem to love him live

i had a blast when i saw him

Originally posted by sexxybabyd

I think we should have another DJ-Competition at Roxy

There are so many new amazing DJ's I have been hearing and I would love to hear them all and do that contest again

Anyone agree?

Also have the old skool heads we all know and love spin a set :D

that would be sick, i would be down 4 that,

:tongue:

Originally posted by sexxybabyd

I think we should have another DJ-Competition at Roxy

There are so many new amazing DJ's I have been hearing and I would love to hear them all and do that contest again

Anyone agree?

Also have the old skool heads we all know and love spin a set :D

I'd agree Daniella.....IF...it was done fairly this time.

No offense. :)

Originally posted by djdrip2002

it would be better if u just didnt talk

djdrip your post is very insightful my friend... please explain

i said it perfectly... that people are gonna say that pvd and oakenfold are overrated.. and twiloguy and djdrip proved my point perfectly.. thanks guys

Originally posted by jonhenry

hawtin

Hawtin is definitely not underrated. He receives lots of recognition for his work.

Deep Dish are getting overrated. The quality of their productions have been deteriorating over the past year :(.

Judge Jules, Fergie, Tyrant, and Piccotto (yeah....i know i'm going to get crapped on for that one) are also overrated.

This whole business of rating DJ's the way it's currently being done will never be accurate, since not all DJ's play the same style of tracks....and not all people listen to these different styles all the same....so you are bound to have a good amount of unfairness the way it's currently being done....

We have fans of different backgrounds that prefer a particular style of music that a DJ may be well known for....and the number of the fans of a particular background who might like this particular DJ may far exceed that of fans of others styles of music...So this is one of the main reasons it's definitely unfair!!!:confused::idea:

oakenfold is terrible

ratings, don't get djs booked or pack clubs- When is the last time you went to a place because of it's rating? How many times did you love a movie that the critics bashed, How many times did someone you despise win a grammy or an oscar- Think about- ratings mean nothing- do what you like, if it makes you feel better, rate all your favorites #1-Then see if anyone cares.