Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Review: Roly's B-Day at Space

Guest brwneydtrouble

Originally posted by lolahotass

I thought someone was bitching in the OG thread about promoters writing their own reviews:confused: hmm

Anyway, great review Biz. Feel free to write more often.

:D

Thanks lola, but I had to write this review.. It came from the heart, no bullshit, no filler stuff! That's what Saturday night/Sunday morn' felt like for me... ;)

Originally posted by biznation00

Anyway, sometime b4 3am just b4 the broadcast ended, he threw in this hypnotic "Fred Numf vs. ??" track, layered with an acapella that said, "tu eres una puta, vendiendo tu chocha, etc..." He kept loopin' "puta", "puta", "puta

Tarrantella feat. Saffron- Colombia <--- the vocals that u were looking for....:D

Originally posted by biznation00

I don't usually come on here & write reviews, but last night was sure worthy of one. Let me just start off by sayin' Roly's Terrace set was simply AMAZING!! :eek: I mean it! I haven't seen a better set on that Terrace this year & that includes my favorite Terrace set of 2003's WMC when Sander destroyed that Terrace! We'll get back to this in a bit.

To start, if you were in the mainroom while Roland was throwin' down, then you pretty much got a 5 course meal (No bullshit). A lil' of everything beggining with some smooth funky proggy & dubby stuff. His intro was simply silky smooth & amazing leadin' into the Quetzal track which went off Marvelously. That first hour was incredible & if you heard it on the radio then you know exactly what I'm takin' bout. I'm not gonna post a zillion track Id's cuz that's not my style & I don't like givin' up tracks that easily- Figure it out on your own & get your ass to the club..

Anyway, sometime b4 3am just b4 the broadcast ended, he threw in this hypnotic "Fred Numf vs. ??" track, layered with an acapella that said, "tu eres una puta, vendiendo tu chocha, etc..." He kept loopin' "puta", "puta", "puta", you get the picture. I'll never forget the look on Buster's face! I'm pretty sure Buster doesn't understand spanish that well, but he understood "Puta" & "Chocha" :laugh:. He kept tappin' Roland with a look that said, "Holy shit Roly, we're on the radio"! :eek: "take this off, ahh fukit"! "just keep it goin', it rocks"!! It's the kinda look where you know you shouldn't be doin' something cuz it's bad, but it just feels soo good so you do it anyway.

Shortly after 4am, things we're gettin' too rowdy in the booth so LP came in & cleaned house in there :laugh:. That would have been around the time that Roland was droppin' some minimal techno type stuff, real hi-energy sh_t, b4 he slowly brought things back down with an incredible live edit of House of Pain's "Jump around", filled with sound effects & using all 4 music components from the cdj 1000's to the pioneer effects machine. Wicked loops, cuts & even some scratchin'. The crowd simply lost it & I looked over @ LP in amazement not believin' what we we're hearin' & how well it went over. All I could think of is, "you gotta have balls Roly" & you gotta know when to pull a stunt like that! :eek: AMAZING!!

So the last hour & a half of his set was filled with wicked fun tunes, alot of his newest jems. Some housier, some techy-err stuff and even a few classics that even Saleen would of enjoyed "Young hearts run free" & "I am Ready". That last hour was flat out fun, full of dancin' & str8 up smiles. Didn't bang you out, didn't slow you down. Kept you hoppin' & pointin' your fingers at the dj like he was god & most of all kept you smilin'.

6am comes around & we step out the the Terrace. Roly's mainroom set was awesome, but I wasn't prepared for what was about to happen on the Terrace..

PURE SICKNESS!!

PURE PATIO FUNK!!

God that had to have been the best set I heard all year out there beatin' out Sander & Howells WMC sets of 2003. Everyone on that Terrace was energized & excited as if they had just woken up on Christmas day at the age of 10 to a tree full of presents. That big room felt like it 50 square ft. by 50. Everyone bouncin' around, pointin' fingers @ the booth, dancin', screamin' & hootin' all mornin' long. Roly's terrace set was soo well put together that every track & the entire mix was simply flawless & complimented each bassline, beat & groove. I had peepz comin' up to me askin' me for tons of ids. Not a single request from anyone in the crowd as it sometimes is, just str8 up fun & everyone was lost in the music. I swear to god, it felt like conference for 1 mornin' & I'm not exhajurrating.

All in all it was amazin', I don't usually come on here & post reviews, especially Space reviews cuz some might think I'm bein' biased. But believe me, I felt every ounce of that night & mornin'. I was blown away!! :eek:

If you didn't go, I hope I gave you an idea of what it felt like for me & what you missed...

The Roland Marathon.. I think we can get used to this from time to time... ;)

I couldn't of said it better myself....roly was simply amazing. he was flawless with all his loops, accapellas, mixing etc... had to be one of the greatest sets i've heard. funky , proggy, techy and full of energy. even dropped house of pains "jump around" which had the crowd :bounce: simply amazing!!!well never did i think that roly could match what he did inside, but then again i should know better than to ever underestimate him cause this man was on fire. roly just simply came in and destroyed the patio. as biz said before "pure patio funk". :woah2: roly had all the chicks

:bootysha: all morning long ...my all time favorite night/morning...

I too could get used to some roland marathons from time to time....:)