Clubplanet Nightlife Community

VIP Room in Float

Originally posted by timroberts

Anyone ever spin in the VIP Room at Float? I just got asked to spin Firday nihgt there and I'm just curious as to the booth layout, mixer, CD Player..etc... Can I bring my C-Loops?

Thanks in advance.:cool:

THERE ARE 3 FLOORS IN FLOAT. WHICH FLOOR ARE YOU GONNA SPIN AT AND I CAN TELL YOU. THE BOOTHS ARE SOME WHAT SMALL...

VICTOR SOTO

I have never been to Float and I had no idea there was more than one VIP Room.

How about you give me the low down on all of them if you can? Thanks.

the *third* floor is not supposed to exist, so it is probably the 2nd floor one, which is smaaaall . . . the 2nd floor is usually used for their vip stuff.

definitely not the one on the 1st floor, which obviously wouldnt be vip

Anyone ever spin in the VIP Room at Float? I just got asked to spin Firday nihgt there and I'm just curious as to the booth layout, mixer, CD Player..etc... Can I bring my C-Loops?

Thanks in advance.:cool:

2 Technics 1200s, Denons (the black ones), and rane fader mixer(not the rotary). Very Nice VIP room in my opinion.

thanks for all the info everyone.

I hope to find out later this evening which VIP room it will be. From the sounds of it I would want to have the 3rd floor.

What is the Shitty setup in the 2nd floor?

Bad mixer, fucked up decks?

I'd bring my mixer if I am allowed.

anyhow I will do a check prior to the beginning of the night. I always do.

If anyone is gonna be at Float on Firday night, let me know.

Thanks again

:bong:

all the set ups there are crap, the 3rd floor tables change the pitch when ever they want, they 2nd floor cd player is crap and it has no monoitor the main floor is decent the monoitors dont go too loud though but not a bad set up the sound guy is kinda weird though he wanted me to mix using the gains and not the knobs , ??????

Originally posted by jonhenry

all the set ups there are crap, the 3rd floor tables change the pitch when ever they want, they 2nd floor cd player is crap and it has no monoitor the main floor is decent the monoitors dont go too loud though but not a bad set up the sound guy is kinda weird though he wanted me to mix using the gains and not the knobs , ??????

hahaha yeah tell me about it, the 2nd floor is the absolute worse setup i have ever played on, when i played the main floor the first turntable didnt even work and they were switching all the turntables around throughout the whole club. Then 2nd floor turntables were changing pitch the whole time, which sucks cuz i was acutaly getting a great vibe up there with all house heads.

i spun 3rd floor there on thanksgiving eve....friends of mine spun the second.......same deal with the tables...nothing worked......and i had like 2 cds with me......the cd player upstairs is the silver pioneer..i forget what model number but i only had one table that worked......second floor only had correct pitch on one table....an overall disaster.....go early!!! and bring cds!!!!

-carl

thanks for all the info everyone.

I hope to find out later this evening which VIP room it will be. From the sounds of it I would want to have the 3rd floor.

What is the Shitty setup in the 2nd floor?

Bad mixer, fucked up decks?

I'd bring my mixer if I am allowed.

anyhow I will do a check prior to the beginning of the night. I always do.

If anyone is gonna be at Float on Firday night, let me know.

Thanks again

:bong:

and lock up all your stuff- dont let it out of your sight- placed is notorious for stolen shit