Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Argghhh!!!@#$@#$#@%

bobadrinker

ARGGHHH!!!@#$@#$#@%

I just found out that 103.1fm is no longer KDL. There goes the only non mainstream/ somewhat trancy radio station in town. I'll bet Clear Channel was behind it. Everytime a station show sign of audience following they buy out the competition (case in point: Groove Radio) Damn them corporate media giants!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

yeah, i found out a couple days ago. im not THAT disappointed, tho. they played shit music anyway, and they played new stuff once in like a whole month. they also didn't have as many live DJ shows like the old groove...those were the days. i remember they had DJs mixing at 7 am, then again at lunch, then again at rush hour and then every night they'd broadcast live from clubs. weekends would be off the hook, they'd have 72-hour non-stop mix weekends...now THATs the kind of station we need again.

ideally we'd get something like south florida's 93.1 pure dance channel, the one that has top-notch DJs like oakenfold, markus schultz, gabriel and dresden and one that plays quality, new trance all the time.

Originally posted by tequiza

ARGGHHH!!!@#$@#$#@%

I just found out that 103.1fm is no longer KDL. There goes the only non mainstream/ somewhat trancy radio station in town. I'll bet Clear Channel was behind it. Everytime a station show sign of audience following they buy out the competition (case in point: Groove Radio) Damn them corporate media giants!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

i'm with you, tequiza!!! i came back from vacation, hit my kdl preset button, and was surprised to be hit with some kroq-sounding bullshit. we already have enough growling, angry, screaming music on the radio. sure, kdl did have a short playlist, but they played stuff that had me moving in the driver's seat, speeding a little on my way to work :laugh2: . they also played some real gems from time to time, like "humpty dance" and "it takes two." now i just flip, flip, flip as i drive, catching the end or beginning of this song and that :( . what's left :confused: ?

I thought KDL was much better when it first came on, but not so much later on.... but at least it was something. Yeah, there was some good info on the Spundae board about how Clearchannel basicly got the owners of KDL to switch format to not compete with KIIS. Can you say monopoly and collusion?? Pretty f'ed up that we get stuck with this corporate crap.

I recently got turned on the Jason Bentleys' Metropolis on 89.9 on weeknights. Very very cool stuff!!!

Weeknights 7:30 to 10:00 pm. Chocolate City follows and can be pretty good too. Check it out!! The KCRW website says that the show reairs the following day at noon to 2:30, but I don't know if they mean the stream or the on air broadcast as I hardly ever listen to the radio during the day.