Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what did you do for new years eve?

avalon.......SICKEST beats i ever heard-- EVER.

best night of my life.

anyone who didn't go missed out.

beautiful club, beautiful people in a beautiful city. nice end to a bad year. my head is still spinning.....

omg.........what a magical night

what did everyone else do?

Originally posted by theblueangel

best night of my life.

beautiful club, beautiful people in a beautiful city. nice end to a bad year. my head is still spinning.....

:)

best night of my life.

you where at avalon? hm didnt see you. anyways was there around 1-4...i thought it was the most horrible crowd ive ever been around (vicman etc..)..drunken peeps, ppl falling down, elbow room only. sasha played well, but the club itself sucked..sound too loud and the cheesiest decorations ive ever seen. i feel sorry for people who actually paid to get into that zoo.....around 4 we had enough, headed over to hear sander at arc...hadnt been there since may so it was gopod to be in there...sander rocked it till 10..then caught a little bit more of sasha at the lot party afterwards....so in general the nighbt was pretty mediocre..reminded me to NEVER go to a club on nye...just too cheesy and annoying....

Did Sasha play well? I wasn't at Avalon, but I did see him at the afterparty, trying to dance, fucked outta his head! Didn't he play all of three songs?

He left the party with a briefcase in hand - wonder what was in that.

addyK - what did you think of the afterparty...I thought Sander really rocked it.

yah sasha pulled off some really sick mixes along with like an hour or 2 of totally new tracks on cdrs at avalon, im thinking if we had waited longer for avalon to clear out we may have had more fun. he played till 7.30am. kind of punchin myself in the head now for leaving around 4.

he didnt really do much at the afterparty, just walk up to the booth a couple of times tryin to spin but we all knew he was way too gone to play, i didnt even notice when he got on, he was up there for like 30 min before he stumbled back down. heard sander blew shit up later then, but i had already left by then. 3pm? probebly best part of the night was seeing cusick fuck with the crowd and play what he felt like playing.. sashas sunglasses and briefcase was a disguise to leave avalon in thro the crowd, i guess he was too mangled to to take it off by the time he got to lot61 laugh.gif

Originally posted by raver_mania

addyK - what did you think of the afterparty...I thought Sander really rocked it.

i would have been interested in what he brought out at the afterparty, his set at arc was ah up and down to say the least. it had its good moments didnt really go anywhere. very reminiscent of his rennaissance cd, he pulled off alot of the same mixes betgween tracks at arc as he does on the cd. but i did get a chance to hang with him before the afterparty before security kikced us both out of the booth laugh.gif . really cool guy and his parents are good people too, i wish mine would hang with me at afterhour clubs also;)

huh???

it depends on what you're into really. i liked it.

sasha was spinning for like 5 hrs or something and was still spinning when i left. when did he get off anyway?

i don't see what the big deal is regarding the drinking and people falling down. that happens at almost every club on regular nights, and would be expected even more new years. surprisingly no one spilled their drink on me so i was happy.

even the guys there polite: when they wanted to buy me a drink and I told them I don't drink, they said "that's cool", that was a definite turn ON, another big reason why I like the crowd. unlike the losers I usually encounter around here "what's wrong with you? how do you expect to have fun?" what an utterly stupid reply. sorry...i don't need to fuck up my brain cells to have fun.

the crowd was hot in my opinion. at least they looked like they worked out and took baths unlike what I see in dc usually. ok meatheads aplenty, but still. some were pretty respectful and no stalkers so 2 thumbs up to them!

the club was really cool..first time i ever went. it looked gothic with the cool corridors. crowded it was, but it was new years, so that was expected. the decorations were all right.

most of all, i was happy just to be in ny. if I was at sucky webster hall or listening to awful jp spin, i probably still would have had a good time just because I was in manhattan.

Originally posted by addyk

you where at avalon? hm didnt see you. anyways was there around 1-4...i thought it was the most horrible crowd ive ever been around (vicman etc..)..drunken peeps, ppl falling down, elbow room only. sasha played well, but the club itself sucked..sound too loud and the cheesiest decorations ive ever seen. i feel sorry for people who actually paid to get into that zoo.....around 4 we had enough, headed over to hear sander at arc...hadnt been there since may so it was gopod to be in there...sander rocked it till 10..then caught a little bit more of sasha at the lot party afterwards....so in general the nighbt was pretty mediocre..reminded me to NEVER go to a club on nye...just too cheesy and annoying....

Originally posted by silvershoes

I was at ARC all night for Sanders set

i wanted to call you guys to the back, where some really weird debauchary was going on, but couldnt find you later on. stuff was wayy too blurry by then anyways ;)

sasha rocked it on NYE. ran into addyk almost as soon as i got in, i swear the guy is stalking me :mad:

anyway, great beats and great time. i didnt make it to the afterparty, between stuff at the pre-party and stuff at avalon i was pretty much exhausted around 7am.

addy-it was a fuckin' mob scene in there, we just gave up after a while. :D

years, so that was expected. the decorations were all right.

most of all, i was happy just to be in ny. if I was at sucky webster hall or listening to awful jp spin, i probably still would have had a good time just because I was in manhattan.

lmao

yah sasha pulled off some really sick mixes along with like an hour or 2 of totally new tracks on cdrs at avalon, im thinking if we had waited longer for avalon to clear out we may have had more fun. he played till 7.30am. kind of punchin myself in the head now for leaving around 4.

he didnt really do much at the afterparty, just walk up to the booth a couple of times tryin to spin but we all knew he was way too gone to play, i didnt even notice when he got on, he was up there for like 30 min before he stumbled back down. heard sander blew shit up later then, but i had already left by then. 3pm? probebly best part of the night was seeing cusick fuck with the crowd and play what he felt like playing.. sashas sunglasses and briefcase was a disguise to leave avalon in thro the crowd, i guess he was too mangled to to take it off by the time he got to lot61 laugh.gif

it definitely got better after 4am. if i wouldnt have known it, i wouldve have said it was digweed spinning after 4am. he really got darker and more pounding for the last 3 hours.

btw, did anyone ever find out where the fuck was that direct transmission from LA?

:confused:

i adore that city. fun is what you make of your environment. as they say people have different tastes :idea::D

i'm already looking forward to going again, oh wait theres pvd at roxy again. :) i hope all goes well this time.

Originally posted by vicman

lmao

there's quite a bit of debauchery going on at arc... especially on the right side when you enter the main room and in the back near the poles. :laugh: exit was worse but more discrete and the people weren't as slimy so i didn't mind. do they still make you leave your gum and mints at the door at arc? :laugh: i haven't been there in a few months.....

...aaaahh memories "so intense".....:)

avalon was just cheesy and annoying. end of story. different strokes for different folks i guess. if you can sustain pvd roxy crowds you can go through anywhere haha. im too old but anyways glad to see it got better later on for you guys on wednesday.

they webcasted sasha in la before diggers set, but no go on the digweed in nyc thing. just a marketin stunt/ploy. Vic- what went on after sasha got off? who spun?

i dnt think you should single out any club for debacuahery. every afterhours club is a crackden in one form or another. twilo was, arc is, all the new hot spots eventually will be. sucks.

the burridge party is the only thing i might consider coming up for in the next couple of months. howells isnt scheduled to be back till arcs closing party in march (post wmc). other that than that i havnt heard of anything going on in feb. sander maybe. im more interested in seeing if crobar can put toghther some solid lineups insted, although i will miss arcspace in some form or another when its gone.

i dont think i'll be going up to NY anytime soon. cheese is OK in moderation, i think. i'm not a big pvd fan but once in a while i like to go see him even though most of the crowd is kinda weird, same type of crowd that showed up for sasha.

addy- from what i'm told sasha closed down the place around 7:30. i left at 6:30-6:45.

the burridge party is the only thing i might consider coming up for in the next couple of months. howells isnt scheduled to be back till arcs closing party in march (post wmc). other that than that i havnt heard of anything going on in feb. sander maybe. im more interested in seeing if crobar can put toghther some solid lineups insted, although i will miss arcspace in some form or another when its gone.

burridge will be in baltimore at the end of feb...

best night of my life.

I had a few drinks then had a few more......oh and I did some blow after that. Had to ring in the new year right.........