Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what did you do for new year's and how was it?

weyes

ah - i finally saw digweed for the first time.

my friends and i couldn't've been on line outside longer than 5 minutes. the entrance was tremendously speedy and friendly. once inside, i found a lot of changes to the palace since i'd been there last. i'd been boycotting the palace because their sound system had been head-splittingly loud, and earplugs didn't even help. but last night i couldn't find my earplugs as i was hurrying out the door, and it turned out that i was just fine. to all those who tried to assure me that the palace fixed their sound - you were right!!! it was great, and i'm so thankful.

digweed played an absolutely killer set. not many djs can play for ten hours, but, even amongst those, not all can keep it interesting. just when he'd be hitting a lull, a bass groove'd kick in that'd bring us all back dancing.

i couldn't stay till 10 am 'cause i had to be at work at 10 ( :cuss::frust::no: ) so i left somewhere between 8:30 and 9 and dropped a friend off at her hotel on the way. i got to work, washed up, and worked till after 6. by the time i got home, i was dead on my feet. but, what a night!!! i haven't had many great new year'ses - there's usually some stupid drama somewhere along the way - but this one was just fab. great music, great friends :heart::spin2: . i feel so lucky today.

one thing, though, that keeps sticking in my head: as i was walking through a hall, a guy, who i had met once, 2 years ago, stopped me. "i knew you'd be here!" he grinned.

"how?" i asked.

"digweed, of course!" he exclaimed, matter-of-factly. now, i've never seen digweed... did he have me confused for someone else? i mean, i DID meet him once, but so long ago... i still can't quite figure it out.

happy new year to all :D !!!

Day One was my night for new years! I will have to say that I loved Spundae... This will probably be the only time that I say that I like Spundae..

So I was a little shocked to pay $40.00 to go see Ferry Corsten since I have seen him sooo many other times but he rocked. He brought it that night. 5 hours.... I even danced, which has been a long time!

OPEN BAR .. all I can say is Thank you thank you thank you thank you.. I usually spend over 60.00 on booze and 40.00 was well worth it.

I had a blast this New Years. Eventhough I didn't go to any club for the actual countdown, my bed was way tooo comfy, I had a blast!

I had a blast on New Year's Eve. I stuck around the Santa Monica/Venice area. We hung out watching movies and drinking while friends gathered, then we went to a local bar for the actual midnight thing. After heading back home for a bit we headed over to a friends house where a great party was well under way. I DJ'd for about 4 hours hung out for a bit more, finally getting home around 10AM. Woo Hooo! Happy 2004!

Now I'm going to to head out one more time on Jan. 17th for Julius Papp, then hibernate and get ready for Winter Music Conf. Miami here I come!

I went to a friend's co-worker's crib. The guy has a studio apt, complete with freight elevators and rooftop and a view looking at downtown LA. We drank and passed time to the freelance DJ spinning tunes I can't recall. We went to the rooftop for the countdown/hug/singing/ fireworks watching/bullet dodging :eek: and the gracious hosts even brought us champagne!It was definitely a departure from my usual NYE club plarties. I even got home before sun rise. But what made it worth while was the company of my close buddies.

this has got to be, by far, the most chill NYE in memory since I became of age. But also one of the more memorable ones. :cool:

Originally posted by bluecenterstar

Weyes.. you know i don't like spundae.. silly! Yeah i had a blast this time... the only other time that I could say i had an ok time was scumfrog when i saw you there!

naw, blue; i must've forgotten you didn't like spundae, if you told me that story :hey: . how is this possible :confused: ???????

Nice, well let me know if you think you'll make it on the 17th. King King is a good spot, really nice staff, good bar, good location, friendly crowd and of course JULIUS PAPP!

Jay-J will be there on the 25th, also a night not to miss!

Will this be your first WMC?

I'll definately let you know about the 17th.. well if you remind me.. i'll write it on my calendar but i can be forgetful...

Nope this will be my 2nd wmc. Last year I went out really once to um... i thiink it was called maze and I don't rememeber who was spinning.. no one extremely popular.. but this year, I plan on attending a few more parties even hanging out on the beach for once and getting a lobster burn... *no tan my skin won't allow it. :(*

Lolahotass is going to be dragging me around down there so it should be fun ... how about you??? first second third ???

This will be my third WMC.

the last two years I've had to run around like crazy. I've always been working. This year should be much more relaxed. Much more chilling on the beach (and hopefully not getting a lobster burn!) for me. Are your flights and hotel already booked? I'm working on that tonight.

Maze was kind of a lame venue. Last year Julius, Miguel Migs and Jay-J did their Foundation party there. The door staff was completely fucked, the sound was pretty painful to the ears and the damn air conditioning broke which turned the place into an oven. Even with all of that the vibe was still pretty positive.

Make sure to check www.miamimasterlist.com. There will be tons of parties listed soon.

See you on the beach!!! :cool:

I'm booking my flight friday when i get paid.. orbitz so far has the cheapest for the times that i need afternoon 03/05 to morning 03/10 .. its about $257.00 which is excellent.. about the same as last years...

i'm not booking any hotels though because i'm staying with lola.. she lives near sobe...

keep me posted if you find any other cheaper airfares and what parties you plan on attending!

Check Yahoo Travel. I found flights on American for $237 roundtrip yesterday. Hopefully they'll still be there tonight!

What DJ's/music styles do you like? I can help point you in the direction of some amazing parties down there.

Our pool party last year was incredible if I do say so myself! Doc Martin, DJ Sneak, Onionz, Joeski, East Coast Boogiemen, Lawnchair Generals, myself and a few others. Oh man now I'm getting myself all wound up again!

Hehe ..i think weyes loves eastcoastboogiemen .. infact i remember a post / thread that she did a long time ago when i first moved here ... she was ranting and raving about them...

i know about getting all wound up.. i keep doing this to myself too.. i'll start talking about wmc and then i can't shut up!

We went to the VIPGUESTLIST party at RUMI last year........(music wasn't all that great, but the people were awesome!)......then we went to MAZE for LES.... they were eh, okay - but the Scumfrog and those that came on after LES were fuckin' good....

We had zero problems at the door since we were on the promoters list....... Maze had the best sound on the beach... nothing beats the Function One!!!!!!!

This year I am NOT missing INFUSION.....word is they are at Nerve on Monday night.... they are the fucking bomb!!!

Blue missed Picotto - she flew in the day after... that was a good party at Space........

Also, caught wind that Teri Bristol will be at Crobar that Saturday... I'd like to go to that party since I NEED some Hard HOUSE......which Miami doesn't have :(

I'll definately be there for bristol .. have to support the person who got me into the music and of course I love crobar in miami.. but this time i'll stay away from that big bouncer so he doesn't corner me in the dj booth .. heheheeh... staying out of trouble has always been soo difficult for me!

Maybe charles barkley will be there... ha!

I didn't know that we saw scumfrog.. was i drunk by then??? hmm.. i think i was talking to the hog then and didn't really pay attention oh well!

Hey lola are we going to be able to party with shroomy, saleen and the hog again??? that was fun!

isn't tiesto coming too???

Originally posted by bluecenterstar

I'll definately be there for bristol .. have to support the person who got me into the music and of course I love crobar in miami.. but this time i'll stay away from that big bouncer so he doesn't corner me in the dj booth .. heheheeh... staying out of trouble has always been soo difficult for me!

Maybe charles barkley will be there... ha!

I didn't know that we saw scumfrog.. was i drunk by then??? hmm.. i think i was talking to the hog then and didn't really pay attention oh well!

Hey lola are we going to be able to party with shroomy, saleen and the hog again??? that was fun!

isn't tiesto coming too???

Salteen/Hog don't do WMC usually... but maybe... Shroomy for sure will be out n' about..

Tiesto... probably.. I'm not going to see PvD though. he sucks.:laugh: