Clubplanet Nightlife Community

2003 gone, hi 2004 ant nero's 2 cents in review

2003 was 1 for the record books. With the NYC club scene in shambles thank god the masses spoke and its coming back around again. no we wont have the days of tunnel, limelight twilo palladium nasa.ect.. but 2004 seems promising already so far.

for those of u who dont know i started a weekly on line radio show with www.downshift********** on Friday nights @ 6"nerotic radio show" for those of u who hadn't known last month my booking agent passed away. i miss her much but i am not gonna stop spinnin, or working with the scene. i haven't been djing much around NJ or NY because its far more easier and better pay to do out of state work. it seems to me NJ and NY has taken to these dime a dozen cd mp3 www. DJs who spin for $50 and have no idea how to create a mood for the venue...

HEY PROMOTERS this is a joke, they might bring some music n some good tracks that the heard JP playin lastweek at best. what they dont bring is vibe, energy, soul, or give a solid backbone to the night and venue. Or take the flip side of that, European DJ's have long been flooding the NYC market which isn't very big to begin with, with astronomical fee's. YOU forget about your local kids, the kids who make NYC nightlife what it is not jus an accent and a passport. Dont take me wrong these guts r great, but for every 1 pvd there is 50 kids trapped in his basement who would surprise van dyk himself.

I also thought it was the promoter's job to bring heads to a party, like when back in the day u would see some1's name on a flier n u knew that this was gonna be a bangin party cause the cats throwing it were 4real. u knew that when u walked out of those doors of that party u brought home a piece of the nite n dj with u.

All im sayin is we are starting to take steps into the right direction at the end of 2003, lets make sure it gets well into the new year and not forget the plot in the meantime which is "the music , people, style, to make some1's special, not jus another night out on 5 pills.

To conclude every1 have a happy healthy n safe new year, keep educating ourselves in club 101.

and for those who can help out with a new agent/promoter drop me an e mail, ive been doing my own bookings for the past few months and id love to be back were i belong NJ/NY

thanks again

Anthony Nero

anero9dj@aol.com

www.downshift********** Fri-6

downshiftradio

Originally posted by anthonyn

YOU forget about your local kids, the kids who make NYC nightlife what it is not jus an accent and a passport. Dont take me wrong these guts r great, but for every 1 pvd there is 50 kids trapped in his basement who would surprise van dyk himself.

i definitely agree with you... :)

I'm from NJ-- where do you spin around here?

Originally posted by anthonyn

2003 was 1 for the record books. With the NYC club scene in shambles thank god the masses spoke and its coming back around again. no we wont have the days of tunnel, limelight twilo palladium nasa.ect.. but 2004 seems promising already so far.

for those of u who dont know i started a weekly on line radio show with www.downshift********** on Friday nights @ 6"nerotic radio show" for those of u who hadn't known last month my booking agent passed away. i miss her much but i am not gonna stop spinnin, or working with the scene. i haven't been djing much around NJ or NY because its far more easier and better pay to do out of state work. it seems to me NJ and NY has taken to these dime a dozen cd mp3 www. DJs who spin for $50 and have no idea how to create a mood for the venue...

HEY PROMOTERS this is a joke, they might bring some music n some good tracks that the heard JP playin lastweek at best. what they dont bring is vibe, energy, soul, or give a solid backbone to the night and venue. Or take the flip side of that, European DJ's have long been flooding the NYC market which isn't very big to begin with, with astronomical fee's. YOU forget about your local kids, the kids who make NYC nightlife what it is not jus an accent and a passport. Dont take me wrong these guts r great, but for every 1 pvd there is 50 kids trapped in his basement who would surprise van dyk himself.

I also thought it was the promoter's job to bring heads to a party, like when back in the day u would see some1's name on a flier n u knew that this was gonna be a bangin party cause the cats throwing it were 4real. u knew that when u walked out of those doors of that party u brought home a piece of the nite n dj with u.

All im sayin is we are starting to take steps into the right direction at the end of 2003, lets make sure it gets well into the new year and not forget the plot in the meantime which is "the music , people, style, to make some1's special, not jus another night out on 5 pills.

To conclude every1 have a happy healthy n safe new year, keep educating ourselves in club 101.

and for those who can help out with a new agent/promoter drop me an e mail, ive been doing my own bookings for the past few months and id love to be back were i belong NJ/NY

thanks again

Anthony Nero

anero9dj@aol.com

www.downshift********** Fri-6

downshiftradio

Anthony,

What are you spinning these days??

Roxxia

im currently still travelling , due to the loss of the booling agent and having stuck with her i was out of the loop in nyc, i have 2 venues in nj with proposals goin through to start a party geared towards house music, but many venues think its a risk without hip hop and or commercial.

u can listen in to downshiftradio fri 6-8 but i play every type of house music n a lil trance n breaks mostly progressive, tech house n tribal my fav's

03 was a twisted year...

alot of new opp's came to me, the loss of my father.. so it was pretty rough...

so far 04 is off to a BIG BANG!

Nero, u kno da dill... dont forget the pickles :-)

this should be a SICK FUCKIN YEAR, AND ITS LOOKIN TIGHT, AIGHT?