Clubplanet Nightlife Community

modern

Originally posted by theblueangel

Has anyone been there?

Someone mentioned it in passing to me, but I can't find any info about it when I search, other than some hip-hop night and that it's in georgetown and is posh.

it seems like it's worth checking out

What kind of music? crowd? best night to go?

:)

Originally posted by theblueangel

Has anyone been there?

Someone mentioned it in passing to me, but I can't find any info about it when I search, other than some hip-hop night and that it's in georgetown and is posh.

it seems like it's worth checking out

What kind of music? crowd? best night to go?

you won't like it

georgetown died 5 years ago.

modern is descent. music is housey. borderline commercial dance music. plenty of hot ass all over that place. ex miss something playboy throws parties there weekly, maybe due to the fact that shes married to the owner :rolleyes:

Originally posted by patural9

Matty, the guy with the cowboy hat moved to lake tahoe, dont know why u dont like him vic, he used to hook alot of people up with drinks.

most of the time he took 30 minutes to get your drink. he would start doing that thingy with the glasses where he put one on top of the other, etc. etc. etc. all the while he was the only bar tender there. just get the $#%@ drink buddy is all i ask for.

Originally posted by vicman

they charge enough for drinks, why should tip them more than a quarter?

you think the bartender is a salaried employee? FYI, they work for tips, that is their main source of pay, so don't be a tight bastard and tip the guy, who knows maybe you will get a drink faster:idea:

Originally posted by pgiddy

you think the bartender is a salaried employee? FYI, they work for tips, that is their main source of pay, so don't be a tight bastard and tip the guy, who knows maybe you will get a drink faster:idea:

vicman probably shouldn't be drinking anyway.....he might ruin someone elses shoes again

Originally posted by pgiddy

it's the whole story of the chicken and the egg.

get my drink fast and make it good, i'll tip well. stand around trying to get some chick number and then start doing your tricks with the glasses while 20 people are waiting for their drinks and your the only bartender there, then you'll get a crappy tip, if any.

provide good service and you get rewarded accordingly, provide crappy service and likewise, we all pass through the same thing bartenders are not the exception.