Clubplanet Nightlife Community

QBERT in Miami......

lyrik

Just an FYI for those interested.

Qbert - Thud Rumble Q.F.O. Tour

Sunday 25th January 2004

January 25, 2004 - The only Florida appearance of DJ Qbert @ The I/O Lounge in Miami!

DJs: Qbert, DJ Klever, Havikin Hayes, and more ...

Info: 305-358-8007 or 561-792-2177

Venue: I/O Lounge - 30 NE 14th Street, Miami, Florida

Tickets: $12 before 11pm - $15 after 11pm

Time: 9pm - 4am

Don't miss the only Florida performance of the one and only DJ Qbert from the Invisibl Skratch Piklz and Thud Rumble. With an unprecedented record of DJ awards, World championships, and countless musical contributions that have helped shape and create the innovative music we hear everyday, Qbert is coming to South Florida to show us the new Q.F.O. he has designed for Vestax. A hybrid turntable and mixer in one unit.

Klever, a member of the infamous Allies Crew (Craze, ATrak, Infamous), he comes with party rockin flavor. Klever is the 2002 Kool Mixx USA Champion, 2001 Technics/DMC U.S. Champion, 2001 Kool Mix DJ Battle Champion, took 2nd in the 2001 DMC World Finals, was the 2000 Kool Mixx DJ Battle Champion, 2000 Technics/DMC U.S. Champion, 2000 Atlanta DMC Champion, and 2000 USA ITF Champion. Need more be said?

This is an 18 and up event. Doors open at 9pm

For Directions - http://www.iolounge.com

Originally posted by philippio

I haven't heard of him but I'm sure I won't be disappointed... We have the same taste in music, Lyrik. I'll try to make it.

:D:hat:

Qbert is a turntablist, so it would be a change from the usual dance music we all love. Lots and lots of trickery, beat juggling, scratching and cutting all with lightening fast accuracy and the ability to improvise in the same manor that a great jazz musician could. Qbert is probably the first DJ to really popularize the art of turntablsim. He and his crew, Invisibl Skratch Piklz, are responsible for the invention of almost any turntable trick/scratch/fade/cut....or least they were the ones to give the tricks names. Before Craze there was Qbert and there is still debate to who is actually better. This guy is a true master and technician and retired from the world DMC competition un-defeated.