Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"blind man in a roomful of deaf people."

marksimons

This is pure gold, pure gold.

"Former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill, pushed out of the administration for not being a team player, says President Bush was so disengaged during Cabinet meetings that he was like a "blind man in a roomful of deaf people."

"O'Neill, who has kept silent about the circumstances surrounding his ouster from the Cabinet 13 months ago, is now ready to give his side of the story with a tell-all book that paints Bush as a disengaged president who didn't encourage debate either at Cabinet meetings or in one-on-one meetings with his Cabinet secretaries. "

okay, so he's selling a book, but damn, he's telling it like it is:

"O'Neill was also quoted in the book as saying that the administration's decision-making process was so flawed that often top officials had no real sense of what the president wanted them to do, forcing them to act on "little more than hunches about what the president might think.""

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2004/01/09/national1412EST0651.DTL

I'm a supporter of the institution of the presidency, and I'm determined not to say any negative things about the president and the Bush administration," O'Neill said. "They have enough to do without having me as a sharpshooter."january 2003

Former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill, pushed out of the administration for not being a team player, says President Bush was so disengaged during Cabinet meetings that he was like a "blind man in a roomful of deaf people."

" january 2004 o neil

trying to generate publicity for his stupid book

no neither but

when i was a child thats how i learned what tempature paper burned and i always rememberd it

i had no idea that it was about book burning but i guess it makes sence now

fuck thats crazy

i dont even know how i learned that when i was a kid maybe i read the back of the book and just remembered that

huh

crazy shit

If anyone saw the interview, the thing that stuck out the most with me was how oblivious (or at least how oblivous Paul O'Neil acted) when the interviewer said, "Don't you think this is a personal attack on Bush?" Paul O'Neil responded something like this...

"Gee golly... why would anyone think that?" Yeah right. :rolleyes:

:laugh: