Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Unrestricted Sunday @ Jazid Review: Jimmy T & Domingo

philippio

So I have work in 5 hours. That's not keeping me from staying awake long enough to write this review!

Two things before I get started...

1.) Tonight was definitely the first CP Miami "who's who" of 2004!

2.) I will have to remember this as one of the best sets of 2004!

First, as Bling would say, the shoutouts!!!

Lavosdeldiablo (aka Jimmy T.)

Bingo (aka Domingo) (I can't find the site where I got my CCCP shirt)

rcrespo (aka Ramon, aka promoter extraordinaire!)

PoisoniV

steffy27

Lolahotass (we finally meet!!!)

Lyrik (thanks for the cd's bro!)

macboy

mursa

xxxgrooveericxxx

pod

shroomy

sobeton

digital7

junkieXL + Tina

mrmiami + Felicia

absolutv

If I forgot any CP peeps, I'm truly sorry (you saw what drunken state I was in by about 12:30!!!)

I had never heard Jimmy T before. First off, thanks for the promo cd! Second off... you mother-f%@*in' rocked!!!

Highlights...

H_Foundation's Tonight (extended remix)

Chris Lum's 'What the Critics Say' [courtesy of The Return of the Big Tool EP on Tango]... left coast madness!!!

What am I saying...? Every 12" he dropped was pure, unadulterated, sleazy funkiness (sorry funketeer, I just had to say it)!!!

And Domingo... are you one of those perfectionist dj's that never ever have a bad night behind the 1200's??? Bastard!!!;)

Loved the Big Chief track (obviously!). :laugh:

Especially demented was the tag-teaming you guys did towards the end of the night!!! :tongue:

One complaint (and I will never forgive you two!) where were you Carla and Marco???:mad::tongue:

Could I afford to "OMFG DIE???" Hell NO! I'd miss out on the evil choons that were dropped tonight!!!

:D:hat:

I'm with you Phillipio - had to stay up long enough to write a short, but SWEET review..........

Jimmy T............ never ceases to amaze me with your talent.... you really know how to work the tables baby;) Bryan and I LOVED every minute of your set... keep up the good work sweetie!

Domingo - great to meet you..... I'm glad I got to hear you spin, all though it wasn't for very long... I promise to show up earlier to catch all yer set - btw, I LIKED WHAT I HEARD THOUGH!!!

Wooooooowzaaaaaaaaaaa:eek: I got to meet soooooooooo many new cp'ers.........I'm not gonna list you all though since Phillipio pretty much took care of that for me;)

Gotta give special props to AbsolutV..........you can put a face with the bitch that kicked your ass in Fantasy Football now eh? :laugh: j/k Great to meet you babes.....NCL rules beyotch!

and props to MacBoy........ i felt honored to meet the only guy to never get into MIA on a monday......how sad:laugh: :laugh: J/K.............. had to bust your chops....sorry!

And to all the other people I met - you guys are great... I look forward to hanging out with you all again soon (well, if i ever make it out again.. I'm retired for the time-being...(again...LOL)

Special smoochies to Jimmy T, Ramon, Shroomy, Sobeton, Pod, Mursa, Phillipio (great to meet you!), Digital7, and Steffy (btw, call Bryan - he looooved talking w/ you steffy)!

I need sleep................ see you guys around!!!! Or at least where-ever Jimmy T is spinnin'........

xoxo,

ms.hotass;)

Originally posted by lolahotass

...Jimmy T............ you cease to amaze me with your talent.... you really know how to work the tables baby;) Bryan and I LOVED every minute of your set... keep up the good work sweetie!...

Crikey lolahotass! I think you were more drunk than I was. I think what you meant was that Jimmy T. NEVER ceases to amaze you!

:tongue:

:D:hat:

so i take it jimmy was jazzy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

i hate to read these reviews....they make me so envious of all u people with no children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and yeah the c.p. crowd was out in full force....but its not a c.p. celeb meeting unless the "saleen" or i am there!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i hope one of these years i will make it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

until then every1 keep on keepin on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tongue:

Thanks for the love CP ... What a night...Being in a room full of people who truly appreciate music... With no rules, makes it real easy for me...

Ramon, hands down you have put together one of the best parties on the beach... I love the room, I love the peeps, I love the vibe... (and the Jazz Band f'n ROCKS) Thanks for having me... Cant wait to do it again...:)

Domingo you rock buddy ... A pleasure to play alongside you....

Thanks to ALL who came out... I hope everyone has as good a time as i did...;)

Until next time..

JT

Originally posted by fliptoniaaa

so i take it jimmy was jazzy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

i hate to read these reviews....they make me so envious of all u people with no children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and yeah the c.p. crowd was out in full force....but its not a c.p. celeb meeting unless the "saleen" or i am there!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i hope one of these years i will make it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

until then every1 keep on keepin on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tongue:

Hey Flip.. "Get to marinating beeoch" ;):laugh:

Originally posted by philippio

One complaint (and I will never forgive you two!) where were you Carla and Marco???:mad::tongue:

Glad of the turnout.:D Great line-up for yesterday, makes quality music a given. :eek: Can't believe we missed Ms. Hotass!!! :blown: :blown: :blown:

Sorry we couldn't make it, we were celebrating in a more private fashion an important date for us. :)

Peace,

MD

Originally posted by marcodavalos

Glad of the turnout.:D Great line-up for yesterday, makes quality music a given. :eek: Can't believe we missed Ms. Hotass!!! :blown:

Sorry we couldn't make it, we were celebrating in a more private fashion an important date for us. :)

Peace,

MD

You are forgiven Marco.... btw, hope your celebration was awesome.... and give Carla a big hello for me :)

I'll see you two soon :eek: That is, when I come out of retirement again!!!:laugh:

:kiss2:

Let me just say, Jazid was on fire last night :flame: The place was packed and JT and Domingo had everyone jumping. Gina and I both had wwwaaayyy too much fun and wwwaaayyy too much to drink for a Sunday night. :D The band downstairs always puts the icing on the cake, last night some kick ass experimental/latin jazz.

Keep up the great work Ramon and Domingo, I'm convinced this is the best Sunday night spot on the beach.

Great meeting some new CP peeps!

Until next time...Peace,

Alan