Clubplanet Nightlife Community

US army college attacks Bush terror policy

jamiroguy1

Study Published by Army Criticizes War on Terror's Scope

r1735993814.jpg

By Thomas E. Ricks

Washington Post Staff Writer

Monday, January 12, 2004; Page A12

A scathing new report published by the Army War College broadly criticizes the Bush administration's handling of the war on terrorism, accusing it of taking a detour into an "unnecessary" war in Iraq and pursuing an "unrealistic" quest against terrorism that may lead to U.S. wars with states that pose no serious threat.

The report, by Jeffrey Record, a visiting professor at the Air War College at Maxwell Air Force Base in Alabama, warns that as a result of those mistakes, the Army is "near the breaking point."

It recommends, among other things, scaling back the scope of the "global war on terrorism" and instead focusing on the narrower threat posed by the al Qaeda terrorist network.

"The global war on terrorism as currently defined and waged is dangerously indiscriminate and ambitious, and accordingly . . . its parameters should be readjusted," Record writes. Currently, he adds, the anti-terrorism campaign "is strategically unfocused, promises more than it can deliver, and threatens to dissipate U.S. military resources in an endless and hopeless search for absolute security."

Full Article

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A8435-2004Jan11.html

Originally posted by breakbeatz2

thats pretty stupid actually, because the American people predominantly support the war, which is why Bush has a high approval rating and is leading all of those Democcratic idiots in the polls

Hey don't get me wrong, I'm all for war and blowing shit up. BUSH in 2004!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bush_wash_day.jpg

thats pretty stupid actually, because the American people predominantly support the war, which is why Bush has a high approval rating and is leading all of those Democcratic idiots in the polls

Depends on what opinion poll you look at so both of your above statements (war approval and bush approval) are open to objection.

Originally posted by pattbateman

i have yet to see one that is not favoring bush

beside ones that you and your coffee house friends take

My point is, who decides which polls are valid? It's all subject to interpretation. And there are plenty of opinion polls that show job disapproval of bush is low. Google it.

actually no

i'm talking about a sample of the whle population

and that CLEARLY supports the war

They're has been no sample of the whole population. If we go by majority rule, Bush would not be elected because more people in this country voted for Gore (popular vote) but that's a whole other issue.

Polls are narrow and don't focus on the whole population.

• 4 months later...