Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Peter Luger's Onion Rolls...

bumpdaddy

I dont really care what the basement looks like... if you went into the basements of 80% of the restaurants in NYC you would never eat out anymore.... ..

Peter Luger may be a lil dirtier than most but hey ... you gotta expect that a place that old is gonna have some critters running around.... I'm actually not a huge fan of their steaks ...personally I'd rather go to knickerbockers or the palm .....but I love the onion rolls, the steak sauce, and the apple streudel

Originally posted by bumpdaddy

I dont really care what the basement looks like... if you went into the basements of 80% of the restaurants in NYC you would never eat out anymore.... ..

Peter Luger may be a lil dirtier than most but hey ... you gotta expect that a place that old is gonna have some critters running around.... I'm actually not a huge fan of their steaks ...personally I'd rather go to knickerbockers or the palm .....but I love the onion rolls, the steak sauce, and the apple streudel

It isnt so much the filth... But the fact that the meat hangs from the ceilings where the filth can take bites of it...

I know. We all eat in places that have little pests running around. But when you do not see it you do not think about it so much. But seeing this place just made me sick to my stomach and I know I would not be able to walk into there, sit down, and have a meal without thinking about the horror that I had seen before. :nono:

If you saw a piece of aged prime porterhouse before the rotted fat and flesh was trimmed off you'd probably never eat beef at all... and if you ever took a trip to the gansevort market you might become a vegetarian alltogether.... That stuff doesnt really bother me since the meat get grilled at such a high temperature... The one thing I'd never do is eat from one of those deli/salad bar type places.... or sushi from a chinese restaurant....

Originally posted by solbeam

thanks for visual :yuck:

Next time you're in the village check out ottamanellis meats.. i think its still there on bleeker... they have meats aging right in the window... meat on the outside is almost black ... Once it's trimmed its looks great and tastes even better and costs about 5x what supermarket meats cost...And speaking of supermarket meats... did you know that some supermarkets bleach and repackage their meats after they pass the expiration date... they also soak bad chicken in baking soda and ice water so that it doesnt smell.... I mean seriously .. people eat alot of stuff without blinking that could be called disgusting... Yogur?? Hot dogs..hamburgers.. salami..

If you saw a piece of aged prime porterhouse before the rotted fat and flesh was trimmed off you'd probably never eat beef at all... and if you ever took a trip to the gansevort market you might become a vegetarian alltogether.... That stuff doesnt really bother me since the meat get grilled at such a high temperature... The one thing I'd never do is eat from one of those deli/salad bar type places.... or sushi from a chinese restaurant....

exactly lugers hasnt been in business this long by slacking off... theyre the only restaurant where the owner still hand selects the meat... and it is still family owned the granddaughter is the owner now and shes been taught by generations of lugers to only pick the right meats and how to store/prepare them... and more importantly this isnt one of my favorite restaurants however it is a damn good one, so ill back it up... i remember there are a few on here wholl disagree and yada yada but its all a matter of preference and opinion... so if you dont care for it thats cool, and if do thats cool... the beauty of this city is there are prolly hundreds of thousands of places to eat so to sit here and quibble quabble over one would be foolish when we could just as easily point out another for you to eat at... so imo bobby vans, ruths chris, angelo & maxies, gallaghers are all stand up clean and delicious restaurants...

Next time you're in the village check out ottamanellis meats.. i think its still there on bleeker... they have meats aging right in the window... meat on the outside is almost black ... Once it's trimmed its looks great and tastes even better and costs about 5x what supermarket meats cost...And speaking of supermarket meats... did you know that some supermarkets bleach and repackage their meats after they pass the expiration date... they also soak bad chicken in baking soda and ice water so that it doesnt smell.... I mean seriously .. people eat alot of stuff without blinking that could be called disgusting... Yogur?? Hot dogs..hamburgers.. salami..

many ppl also arent aware of anything except for what the media tells them so anything outside a morose brownish red piece of shoulder under a pale fluorescent light and a astroturf, they really dont know what good meat is...

Originally posted by dgmodel

many ppl also arent aware of anything except for what the media tells them so anything outside a morose brownish red piece of shoulder under a pale fluorescent light and a astroturf, they really dont know what good meat is...

Media Media Media...it's always the media lol

We all know there are people who live by the big mac but that doesn't mean they can't appeciate a good steak. However, I do see your point. ;)

Bumpdaddy: when you find out, don't forget to share :tongue:

We all know there are people who live by the big mac but that doesn't mean they can't appeciate a good steak. However, I do see your point. ;)

Bumpdaddy: when you find out, don't forget to share :tongue:

If I don't get a straight answer soon I'm gonna go postal in that place... I'm sooo addicted to those things....

the media is shit... lol... i effin' hate spindoctors and product pushers, ppl who forward emails and propaganda...

*pls excuse the randomrant, man is mad and in a badmood...

Originally posted by dgmodel

the media is shit... lol... i effin' hate spindoctors and product pushers, ppl who forward emails and propaganda...

*pls excuse the randomrant, man is mad and in a badmood...

I'll overlook the rant of my industry because I like ya but they can only sell to those willing...a sucker is born not created ;)

I'll overlook the rant of my industry because I like ya but they can only sell to those willing...a sucker is born not created ;)

lol wasnt towards you, and believe me some of the biggest spindoctors and product pushers are located in my industry so it wasnt an attack on you... but as far as a sucker is born and not created, everyone is a sucker just have to push the right buttons and everyone falls for something... ppl believe what they want to believe wet someones appetite well enough and you can sell them oxygen...