Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I hate mechanics

joe81

so i take my car in for an oil change this morning. I figure no big deal I have been going to the same place since I have been a jr in HS, so you figure 7 yrs now (on and off - college).

So i get there, mechanic comes out and tells me I have a blown turbo and need a new turbo (obviously) and a new radiator. Funny thing is the car runs great - no difference in drive. So I take the car leave the shop as soon as I get home I call my neighbor who happens to be a mechanic he comes over to take a look, try to turn the car on, and the car won't start. Mind you the car started in the morining, and has been starting fine. Turns out I am missing a cap from my battery, and that caused it to drain. Does anyone have any advice as to how to handle this? I am definitley not looking forward to paying $1800 to fix something I am almost certain I didn't break. Anyone...???

Originally posted by joe81

so i take my car in for an oil change this morning. I figure no big deal I have been going to the same place since I have been a jr in HS, so you figure 7 yrs now (on and off - college).

So i get there, mechanic comes out and tells me I have a blown turbo and need a new turbo (obviously) and a new radiator. Funny thing is the car runs great - no difference in drive. So I take the car leave the shop as soon as I get home I call my neighbor who happens to be a mechanic he comes over to take a look, try to turn the car on, and the car won't start. Mind you the car started in the morining, and has been starting fine. Turns out I am missing a cap from my battery, and that caused it to drain. Does anyone have any advice as to how to handle this? I am definitley not looking forward to paying $1800 to fix something I am almost certain I didn't break. Anyone...???

MY partner Axel owns a Mobil gas station and service station on Route 10 in Whippany.

Go there he'll hook you up.

A & A Mobil Service

610 Route 10

Whippany NJ

ask for Axel.

Open M-F 8am - 6pm Sat 8am - 2pm

Originally posted by jerseyclubin

what ever it is find out whats wronge with it and fix it your self, its not that hard.......thats what i normally do......take it to the mechanic ask him whats wronge and then fix it myself

i love it...

and when they fuck everything up when they can't fix it, i charge double.

:D

what kinda car you have with a turbo in it? Not many cars these days come with those things anymore, hehe.

first off you went in for an oil change, but they were checking the water level in the battery? there is no reason to do that unless the battery is dead or has been running low on juice.

Some "mechanics" dont really have a clue and think they do.

billy

Originally posted by joe81

Have a '97 Saab Aero. Hopefully there is no problem with the head. that'll be a bitch to fix. Axel, can you're shop handle a saab?

if u can drive it...we can fix it:D

no seriously..give me a call...let me take a look at the car...i'll tell u if u need any work done or not.