Clubplanet Nightlife Community

RE: vinyl last night was....

ok, so for some reason, I now can't "post reply"...the page just keeps recycling back to the original thread. so I'm posting new to the old topic because I just have to reply to say:

VINYL WAS SO F'ING MIND BLOWING on friday night. i haven't been in a while and i had forgotten how remarkable dt is. for about 20 min I was just screaming, literally screaming, because the groove was so good. he was mixing his classic/familiar stuff up (did y'all catch that 'be yourself' mix? un-f'ing-believable) and it got to the point where i was so pumped i couldn't even dance, i was just jumping in place, doing the dj salute, and alternately smiling or screaming. wow! wow! wow!

only downside is that i was feeling sick and emotionally worn and had to leave after only an hour and a half...bummer, but man i made the most of that time!!!

whew! the only bad part about going there is the music is too good and my body can't last. it's like lying next to a hottie and not having the energy for a third round...satisfyng and frustrating at the same time.

oh, and re: going by yourself, meeting people, the crowd being friendly, etc...75% of the time I go by myself and i always meet people, sometimes i hang with them all night, sometimes it's just short conversations. but the crowd is very friendly for the most part. friday night i hadn't been there 5 minutes when the couple next to me starting talking to me.

great! great! great! i saw a guy walking around with a "vinyl addict" t-shirt on and so badly wanted to ge one. god I'm a groupie for that place.

had to get that out of my system.

: )

FG

------------------

fire in da belly

I went to Body & Soul last night and it was AWESOME! I haven't gone since 4th of July weekend when it was packed worse than SF ever gets and hotter than a steambath. But last night... got there about 7 and it wasn't crowded, everyone was just grooving along and having fun. The crowd at Body & Soul is the absolute best. What I totally love about it is that everyone leaves each other alone. Sunday nights are fun again!

Yvette, you game for next Sunday's?

Originally posted by firegirl:

VINYL WAS SO F'ING MIND BLOWING on friday night. i haven't been in a while and i had forgotten how remarkable dt is. for about 20 min I was just screaming, literally screaming, because the groove was so good. he was mixing his classic/familiar stuff up (did y'all catch that 'be yourself' mix? un-f'ing-believable) and it got to the point where i was so pumped i couldn't even dance, i was just jumping in place, doing the dj salute, and alternately smiling or screaming. wow! wow! wow!

only downside is that i was feeling sick and emotionally worn and had to leave after only an hour and a half...bummer, but man i made the most of that time!!!

whew! the only bad part about going there is the music is too good and my body can't last. it's like lying next to a hottie and not having the energy for a third round...satisfyng and frustrating at the same time.

FG

Exactly! Vinyl was amazing on Fri. DT was on point. It was so nice to go there and dance till 7 and not get the groove/vibe broken up by the cops. I can't wait to head back.

VINYL is the ANSWER!

------------------

BAC

If a man does not keep pace with his companions,

perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.

Guest crystalmethodny

The question is:

Where can we find a true Vibe?

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

"I think of you, how I used to do on Sunday Afternoons."

"A vibe is a terrible thing to waste, finding one is as rare as gold in the Cali mountains." - Moi

Originally posted by schwingep:

Vinyl is the answer to any question.

I.E. if you're playing Trivial Pursuit, and you don't know the answer, just say Vinyl.

- Peter

cool.gif

Unless of course the question is what club has staff that treats you like crap even though you're givin' them $30? We all know the answer would then be TWILO!

Just felt the mood for some drama...

------------------

BAC

If a man does not keep pace with his companions,

perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.

Archived