Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Timeshare previews???

bumpdaddy

Anybody ever been to one of these things??. I got an ivitation to spend two free nights at this place http://www.thehiltonclub.com/residences_2.html

in exchange for going to a 2 hour sales presentation for the place. I'm kind of a sucker and I'm trying to not get talked into buying one... (It would be kind of stupid to get one in NYC) .. I'm wondering how much pressure they put on you to buy at these things.. I mean .. is it a one one sales talk or is it a group thing??

Go for it...

One of my best friends down here has that for a job every summer. Its as simple as it sounds...take a tour of a time share, and they let ya stay there for free for a few nights. Granted, these people who take you on the tours are amazing sales-people and could sell ice to an eskimo. As long as you dont have a problem telling them no, no matter what the throw at you, you'll be fine. The reasoning they have behind it is they say stuff like "we know you'll be so impressed after the tour and your stay that you'll want to sign up" or somethin like that. Just dont fall to the pressure of the sales person and your golden.

...part of the other 20% are people like my step-mother's cousin...this guy and his wife planned a three week vacation in florida based on time-share visits...and on their one or two off nights, they stayed with my dad and step-mom...to say they are cheap would be a huge understatement...

Originally posted by phatman

...part of the other 20% are people like my step-mother's cousin...this guy and his wife planned a three week vacation in florida based on time-share visits...and on their one or two off nights, they stayed with my dad and step-mom...to say they are cheap would be a huge understatement...

lol!! :laugh:

..Wow, and I thought I was jewish...

:laugh:

Fuck it... I'm going.. I just got off the phone with them... Would you believe they actually run a credit check before they confirm your booking??? The good thing is they scheduled the sales talk in the morning... I'm really cranky in the morning.. this guy has no shot.. I'll just be really annoyed

Originally posted by bumpdaddy

Fuck it... I'm going.. I just got off the phone with them... Would you believe they actually run a credit check before they confirm your booking??? The good thing is they scheduled the sales talk in the morning... I'm really cranky in the morning.. this guy has no shot.. I'll just be really annoyed

Seriously, its not worth it. Most time share people are sold to believe that they can get their two weeks anywhere that the system holds property... What they don't tell you is that unless you plan on visiting orlando florida or Buloxi mississippi in the middle of august, most premier spots are booked up for 5 years or more..

..Most people end up selling them to resellers who make small profit on the transaction... Its a scam and a half unless you happen to own the resort itself...

Originally posted by phuturephunk

Seriously, its not worth it. Most time share people are sold to believe that they can get their two weeks anywhere that the system holds property... What they don't tell you is that unless you plan on visiting orlando florida or Buloxi mississippi in the middle of august, most premier spots are booked up for 5 years or more..

..Most people end up selling them to resellers who make small profit on the transaction... Its a scam and a half unless you happen to own the resort itself...

I'm sure once I hear the price I'll tell this guy to fuck off....