Clubplanet Nightlife Community

train hits car

I saw this on the new yesterday and all i got to say is what an idiot. My friend witnessed the accident and said the women that got stuck on the tracks didnt even get out of the car. some people are so damn stupid.

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjczN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk1MCZmZ2JlbDdmN3ZxZWVFRXl5NjQ3NTIxMSZ5cmlyeTdmNzE3Zjd2cWVlRUV5eTM=

Sure heres the story. No one was hurt but the woman sat in her car as the train was approaching.

HASBROUCK HEIGHTS - An NJ Transit train struck a car stopped on the tracks on Franklin Avenue near Route 17 on Tuesday night, causing a chain-reaction crash that damaged four other vehicles.

The driver of the silver Volvo sedan struck by the train was taken to the hospital. The vehicle was crushed, with the rear left side pushed in and to the right.

Janet Hines, a spokeswoman for NJ Transit, said the incident was under investigation. She said the passenger train, which was headed to Spring Valley, N.Y., from Hoboken, struck the vehicle at about 5 p.m., and that service was halted for 45 minutes.

Izumi Kameda of Fair Lawn was in the car directly in front of the Volvo. Kameda wasn't hurt, but her car, which she said she bought a few months ago, was damaged.

Witnesses said the railroad-crossing gate came down shortly before the train arrived. By 6:15 p.m., traffic was flowing normally in both directions on Route 17.

This is the second time in seven weeks that a vehicle has been struck by an NJ Transit train at that crossing. A tractor-trailer was struck Nov. 24. No one was hurt in that accident.

- Merry Firschein

and Yung Kim