Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Friday- Roxy or Avalon???

Im takig a limo out for my birthday friday night. Im just wondering where you think the better party will be. I love roxy, whenever the friday parties come around im there. i just dont know how many people are still feelin the friday night there. The last parties ive gone to at roxy werent as crazy as I expected though. Last 2 weeks at avalon have been crazy though. I was having a bad time b4 at avalon, but now things have been turned around. Just looking to have a good time friday night and wondering what will be a better spot. thanks for the help

def roxy man...a good looking crowd + guaranteed good music by vicious = a good nite

at avalon...u got a mostly sketchy crowd + hit or miss on good music for the nite = either a really good or really bad nite

go for roxy man...plus its only once a month...avalons every weekend

i dunno... this is a toughone.. i'm not sure who will be spinning at avalon friday.. i think it might be josh wink and someone else.. josh wink isnt really my bag.. ive seen him before but i wasn't imprssed.. vicious at roxy used to be good but not anymore... that party is over and doen with and the last few times i saw vicious he was pretty weak... plus the girls at ropxy are going to be very young 17-19 it's gonna be a lot of meatheads... i dunno it's a tough choice... im going to roxy just bc my friends are though...

Originally posted by oldtimer

i dunno... this is a toughone.. i'm not sure who will be spinning at avalon friday.. i think it might be josh wink and someone else.. josh wink isnt really my bag.. ive seen him before but i wasn't imprssed.. vicious at roxy used to be good but not anymore... that party is over and doen with and the last few times i saw vicious he was pretty weak... plus the girls at ropxy are going to be very young 17-19 it's gonna be a lot of meatheads... i dunno it's a tough choice... im going to roxy just bc my friends are though...

Victor Dinaire is @ Avalon this Friday :)

actually who kows... maybe the roxy party will take off... maybe it will suck.. who knows.. they're tryign to rbing it back, it's not like it has been failing for a long time now.. it's gonna be hit or miss, but ill take a chance.. ive been doing avalon way too much and i have never heard victor dinaire before soo.. im putting my money on roxy ;)

vicious at roxy used to be good but not anymore... that party is over and doen with and the last few times i saw vicious he was pretty weak... plus the girls at ropxy are going to be very young 17-19 it's gonna be a lot of meatheads

Exactly.

More like 14-19 Kiddies.

How about Crobar with Oscar G.?

Crowd 21-38

Music IS OSCAR G.

Yes they BOTH HAVE PHAZON, but Crobar has Prop & Red ROOM!

Crobar MUCH BIGGER, cleaner & better!

Originally posted by sobecrobar

Exactly.

More like 14-19 Kiddies.

How about Crobar with Oscar G.?

Crowd 21-38

Music IS OSCAR G.

Yes they BOTH HAVE PHAZON, but Crobar has Prop & Red ROOM!

Crobar MUCH BIGGER, cleaner & better!

i doubt roxy has any more people under 18 than any other under 18 club... waiting on line for roxy friday's i have definitely seen my fair share of people get rejected for fake id's... kids these days are gonna find fake id's.. don't kdi yourself by saying roxy has more teenagers than other clubs.. roxy has a humongous 18-20 crowd.. that i'll give it.. im 22 so why would i want to party with 30 year olds?? not my deal really.. anyway regardless wherever you go it's pretty much what you and your friends make of it

Originally posted by tbathe

If Victor Dinaire is the one spinning this Fri, does anyone know his style and what kind of crowd he brings?

VICTOR DINAIRE has broadened his reach across the US with the very first weekly national trance show on Sirius Satellite radio. With recent guest spots with John 00 Fleming, Gatecrasher/Scott Bond, Marco V & Judge Jules – Victor is finely tuned into the beat of trance and is a fast-rising star. He’ll bring his dynamic, pulsating energy to the booth and lead us into a future progression of music.

i doubt roxy has any more people under 18 than any other under 18 club... waiting on line for roxy friday's i have definitely seen my fair share of people get rejected for fake id's... kids these days are gonna find fake id's.. don't kdi yourself by saying roxy has more teenagers than other clubs.. roxy has a humongous 18-20 crowd.. that i'll give it.. im 22 so why would i want to party with 30 year olds?? not my deal really.. anyway regardless wherever you go it's pretty much what you and your friends make of it

ya seriously...roxy is without a doubt one of the strictest clubs ive been too...their doorman thats been at every party ive gone to knows his shit...hes one of the only people that can actually see through my chalk...i like going there cause theres a lot more people in my age group then avalon...since they promoted avalon as 21+ for a while there are a lot of older people in there...i just dont know why the sexy party has lost all its hype...i used to remember seeing like 6 posts before those nites and now it seems like no ones interested

Originally posted by paradeatw

Hope there are a bunch of chics with you because the door is tough. The lists are disorganized, so you may be better off just spending the $20 and walking right in instead of dealing with the "pit" to save $5 or $10.

Exactly.

Why ppl wanna get on the GL

It will only serves you for two purposes:

a.) VIP SECTION - Prop ROOM which I agree lol

b.) Saving between $5.00 - $15.00 WTF is this?

Otherwise, go to AVALON, ROXY, ARC, WEBSTER HALL OR Blockbuster video.

Enjoy.

Originally posted by paradeatw

If you are going out limo style with a bunch of your friends... CROBAR NYC.

The venue is built to impress. The sound system is a monster. The people are good looking. The entertainment is great.

Bottle service is exclusive ($$$) and the mezzanine has a great view.

Hope there are a bunch of chics with you because the door is tough. The lists are disorganized, so you may be better off just spending the $20 and walking right in instead of dealing with the "pit" to save $5 or $10.

And like someone else said, PROP ROOM baby! it's one of the most talked about rooms in NYC.

Either way... go out and have fun...

Roxy - you will probably enjoy if you are into Vicous and Avalon is cool if you want your chest to shake from their 100,00watt temple of sound...

hope this helps

-shane

Wish I wasnt still a young one, crobar would just brush me away for now, maybe next year...

Originally posted by tbathe

If Victor Dinaire is the one spinning this Fri, does anyone know his style and what kind of crowd he brings?

Victor spins hard driving trance...American trance ala george acosta and edgar v...... not ferry or oakie stlye

Originally posted by indigonyc

d00d...DEFF AVALON TONIGHT...VICTOR DINAIRE WILL TEAR THE HOUSE DOWN TONIGHT!!!!

roxy will be a young ass crowd, sexy parties was cheese and will be cheese...

avalon is a much classier crowd...awesome venue and you will roll like a rockstar :D

hit up avalon tonight and go to info@victordinaire.com ....see ya there

dammit!!! i love trance... but my friends HAVE to go to roxy :doh: im actually surprised i never heard of victor dinaire

dammit!!! i love trance... but my friends HAVE to go to roxy :doh: im actually surprised i never heard of victor dinaire

hehe who said you can't do both ;) but seriously, avalon is going to be HOT tonight....and victor will not disappoint i pw0mise :D