Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Monday news . . .

sobe2003

Article taken from CJ . . . does this mean no more Lawler at SPACE? Same true for OG?

Not for nothing but there WMC lineup looks solid . . .

Gerry Kelly presents State Nightclub

When Gerry Kelly sold Level late last year it seemed unlikely that he'd be out of Miami nightlife for long.

Following some one-off events around town, and a hotel project which didn't end up happening, Gerry has partnered with long time cohort Maxwell Blandford, former Level manager Greg Selph, and also Monika Olimpiew to launch State.

Located at 320 Lincoln Road; the former home of BarRoom, 320, and most recently Spin / Spi, State will be a plush 12,000 sq ft space featuring decor consisting of imported velvets, taffeta, silks, and mahognay with a 'magnificent belle époque chandelier' as the centerpiece of the room.

Known for lavish productions and upscale events, GK and co. intend to offer three distinct areas including a gallery, luxurious VIP rooms, an EAW Avalon sound system, and two separate styles of music.

However as former owners of the 320 space know, it takes more than just an attractive club to attract crowds week in week out, and with this in mind the State team are also moving ahead with their music plans.

Already signed on as weekly residents are Ivano Bellini, Nicky Scanni, Pierre Zono Zon, GiGi, and Chilly. State's WMC lineup includes Judge Jules, Perry Farrell, Todd Terry, Steve Lawler, Saeed & Palash, Robbie Rivera, and Oscar G.

The press preview of the club will be held on Thursday Feb 4th, with an Ocean Drive event and grand public opening planned during the first weekend.

Knowing the popularity of Gerry's ventures, expect capacity crowds when the club launches next month. State tell us that advance reservations are highly recommended, and will be taken by Luca Fidenzo at 786-621-5221.

I wouldn't count out the Kelly/Blandford combo. Gerry knows how to sell it, and Max knows all the A-list folk he can drag over from the Delano. :cool:

At the very least, there are going to be some killer WMC parties there.

Originally posted by sobeton

I give this club about three months tops. the location sucks. every club that has been there has failed.

:eek:

Since when are you so negative? I will say in the time since I've moved down here it's turned over four times, and that's not a good sign. Still, I think there's more foot traffic up there and it's going to depend on what he wants to draw. Pod's right, maybe he'll just go for the Delano/Shore/Townhouse crowd and the like.