Clubplanet Nightlife Community

US Terror List: 5 million names long

Tue, January 20, 2004

5 million on terrorism list

Canuck: U.S. on the lookout for 'potential problem'

By TOM GODFREY, TORONTO SUN

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/News/2004/01/20/318488.html

U.S. security agents have a master list of five million people worldwide thought to be potential terrorists or criminals, officials say. "The U.S. lookout index contains some five million names of known terrorists and other persons representing a potential problem," Brian Davis, a senior Canadian immigration official in Paris, said in a confidential document obtained by the Sun.

Names on the list are compared against those applying for visas or on flights travelling to the U.S.

Anyone whose name is on the list is questioned or banned from entering the U.S. -- as passengers were on two British Airways flights to Los Angeles two weeks ago.

The master list was revealed by U.S. embassy officials to a Canadian standing immigration committee in April 2002. Its existence was revealed in Davis' document, obtained by Montreal lawyer Richard Kurland through an Access to Information request.

Davis said Canadian visa officers abroad do not keep an extensive list like the U.S. because terrorists can use bogus documents and change their identities.

"We examine each application according to profiles," he said. "(We) apply experience and knowledge gained from a variety of sources. Canada's approach to identifying persons who may pose a danger was as sound as possible."

CSIS agents in Paris send a "brief" to Ottawa for cases that require more in-depth investigation

Originally posted by pattbateman

how will we narrow it down if we dont sacrifce some rights asshole???

if we do anything libs cry racial profile

or civil liberties????

You know why - because I don't want to be stranded outside this country because my name "happens" to be similar to a terrorist's or they made a mistake.

You know what - I really really hope something like this happens to you proponents of this thing - kinda will give you a taste of what we're talking about, and will be interesting to see if you still have the stomach for defending this kind of stuff. Its all well and good to talk about "sacrificing rights" when you are not in that situation. So, yeah, I hope you end up getting fucked up the ass!

:D

I wonder how many on this list are Muslims?hmmmmmmmmm

If Muslims were responsible for 99.9% of terrorism in the world there would be no need to "profile" (which I don't even think really happens that often due to the ACLU & other lefties crying).

Originally posted by g420

I wonder how many on this list are Muslims?hmmmmmmmmm

If Muslims were responsible for 99.9% of terrorism in the world there would be no need to "profile" (which I don't even think really happens that often due to the ACLU & other lefties crying).

YOu made zero sense (not that I'm surprised).

BTW, your knowledge of world events must be pretty limited since you think 99.9% of terrorists are Muslims. Goes to show the kind of people the rest of us have to deal with.

Originally posted by raver_mania

You know why - because I don't want to be stranded outside this country because my name "happens" to be similar to a terrorist's or they made a mistake.

You know what - I really really hope something like this happens to you proponents of this thing - kinda will give you a taste of what we're talking about, and will be interesting to see if you still have the stomach for defending this kind of stuff. Its all well and good to talk about "sacrificing rights" when you are not in that situation. So, yeah, I hope you end up getting fucked up the ass!

:D

ok i was going into canada for new years last year and they thought i was trafficing drugs so i was held up at the border for 4 hours while they tore my buddies car totally apatr and then left it like that for us to put together cause they said we looked suspicious i didnt give a fuck who cares

and would you rather they let that person on the airplane that has a name thats on a list fuck no u wouldnt.

fuck i stare at people the whole time i was on a plane last it constantly goes through my mind and it shouldnt have to