Clubplanet Nightlife Community

for all of you k heads

hmnyc

next time you are after partying at your house or a friends house and are all fucked up on k besides listening to house music or what ever else you listen to, keep handy the Men In Black soundtrack i don't know which volume 1 or 2. This past weekend i was partying with friends and we had to make another run to get shit and this guy threw us the MIB soundtrack it was the craziest shit ever i was laughing my ass off it kinda reminded me of being on mushrooms.

And also i don't know how may of you saw Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas but we watched that as we were comming down it was the funniest and craziest movies ive seen about people getting fucked up on drugs. Johnny Depp is amazing and also Benicio Del Toro i have to say it is such a brilliant movie i think im gonna have to buy it.

i LOVE fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. it's a great movie to watch tripping balls or bone sober. i especially like the fact that the whole movie cycles thorough times when roal duke (jhonny dep's character) is absolutley out of his mind and Dr. Gonzo (benecio del torro's character) is in control and "babbysitting" him and vice versa. I think this speaks volumes to anyone who has that one person who acts like a "co-piolot" for you during drug binges (and of course you return the favor during his).

my favorite line is right in the beginning when Jhonny depp is in the trunk and he's talking about everything they have "we had 2 quarts of rum, 3 sheets of high powered blotter acid, 28 pellets of mescaline... etc"

then he says one of the best and most true things i've ever heard..."once you get locked into a serious drug collection, it's hard to stop". :werd:

Hello I am new,

In response to whoever started this thread, you said that Fear and Loathing was just about two dudes getting fucked up. Give it more credit than that, the author Hunter S. Thompson calls it "an epitaph for a lost generation." THe movie is very funny but its more about the failures of the late sixties revolutions (including the antiwar, civil rights movements) and how after all that work the world still has wars and violence and racism.

Edit: If you are wondering, I am not hunter thompson this is not an advertisement for Fear and Loathing, but you all should definitely read the book

Sincerely

Hunter S. THompson

agreed, fear and loathing in las vegas does have a message and is a social comentary on those time...the book kicks as too. However, this post is found on the SUBSTANCE USE message board. what else wopuld you expect the folks to discuss/exchange information about here?

I will admit it is a great movie to trip to on any drug (hallucinogens are best) but thats because it makes the deeper meaning so much more clear and there is more of a connection with the characters and the theme.

Another good movie to watch while messed up is Donnie Darko.