Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So I went to the dealers today and I've made up my mind

ou812

Originally posted by joeg

i would have done the same... let us know how you like it.

are you getting that blue? or what color?

Same color, the rims are different, they are BBS like these but I chose gold over silver

194091_1_400.jpg

I have to say the car looks much sharper in person than in any pictures i've ever seen of it.

:D haha. Ah well - the STI is a fun choice.

Just beware of a couple things:

1.) They detonate in stock trim. Not sure if this problem was strictly confined to Cali cars using shitty 91 octane piss water, but it was a serious issue nonetheless. turboxs.com has more info on the STi's mechanicals.

2.) WRX's understeer like a bitch. Godawful rear suspension geometry increases toe-in on braking, so it feels like the nose is full of lead. That's why i'm not a big favor of em, but hey whatever floats your boat. Some people dont care :)

You will still have lots of fun. ENJOY IT :)

Originally posted by cintron

:D haha. Ah well - the STI is a fun choice.

Just beware of a couple things:

1.) They detonate in stock trim. Not sure if this problem was strictly confined to Cali cars using shitty 91 octane piss water, but it was a serious issue nonetheless. turboxs.com has more info on the STi's mechanicals.

2.) WRX's understeer like a bitch. Godawful rear suspension geometry increases toe-in on braking, so it feels like the nose is full of lead. That's why i'm not a big favor of em, but hey whatever floats your boat. Some people dont care :)

You will still have lots of fun. ENJOY IT :)

I heard about the detonation issue myself, but to be honest from most of the other Subaru forums I've read it seems that more people are not experiencing it than those that are they are also running on higher quality gas. Possibly dealers filling it up off the lot with cheap gas, or if it is an ECU issue then that can probably be remedied if it does become a problem. Heard about the understeer issue too, but I don't intend this to be a race vehicle either for the most part.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by ou812

It was close but it looks like this over the EVO

04sti2.jpg

welcome to the club!! i have an 02 wrx, if i had known that the sti was coming out i would have waited before i bought mine. mine is black too. have you been to www.nasioc.com ?

Ok it seems like ppl here are on nasioc.com.

What are your SN over there?

mine is RS22b. If you know scoobies you know why my name is that.

Anyways. Congrats on the chioce man. Check out the site and come meet a few of us scoobie heads in NNJ, if you are in that area.

Dont worry about the STi. As long as you dont over do it at first and ease into the realm that is STi you will be fine.

I usually keep it in 50/50, Its alot more fun like that.

Oh and if you never drove one of these things at true speed,

DONT LIFT ON THE GAS PEDAL.

If you are in a turn at speed and do this the car will rotate very fast on you. I dont wanna see another destroyed STi and i am sure you dont either.

have fun with her and hope to see ya out there soon.

Billy

rally driven......................

Guest jroo
Originally posted by rs22b

Oh and if you never drove one of these things at true speed,

DONT LIFT ON THE GAS PEDAL.

If you are in a turn at speed and do this the car will rotate very fast on you. I dont wanna see another destroyed STi and i am sure you dont either.

when i first got my car i did just that. i was on an exit ramp labeled 25mph, i was going 80 on it. the speed limit of the road i was coming onto was 50, as i got to the top of the hill, (the exit curved in a circle up a hill.) and onto the new road, i let off the gas to slow down and merge over. luckily there weren't any cars on the road, because i lost total control. i went left, right, left, right, back to left all in 180 twists. i never once freaked out and i just re-acted. it was amazing to just pull out of it. after it was all said and done was when my nerves kicked in. not to mention that that road was an over pass with only 2 lanes and those big cement median things. i had little room to escape that. and i'm so thankful that i did. so, please take it from me too, if you're going into a turn really fast, come out of it fast. don't let up.

:)

yes, how about not goin fast into turns at all until you learn how to drive the car.

The DCCD will be a bit confusing at first, especially if you leave it in auto all the time.

I usually leave the car in 50/50 lock. Its a bit more predictable and the best for almost all conditions. I only use the rear split on track and really hot days.

billy

rally driven..................

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

I seriously hope you don't get into an accident with one. They are one of the least safe SUVs out there (they do worse than the Wrangler in offset and side impact testing).

It's my 3rd one so..............ehhhh.

Hopefully I can redeem myself in cintron's eyes when (if) I go ahead and pick up the Gixxer 1000 for the summer. We'll see if that still goes through.

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

I seriously hope you don't get into an accident with one. They are one of the least safe SUVs out there (they do worse than the Wrangler in offset and side impact testing).

Damn kid.. you are Mr. Information aren't ya?

Wassup again. peaace

Sucks about the STi. Drift the Grand Cherokee.