Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Morillo....

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

Best house dj in the world....

quality night at space... actually memorable..

be on the look out for my cj review...

women beat their men

men BEAT ON THEIR DRUMSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by saleen351

Best house dj in the world....

quality night at space... actually memorable..

be on the look out for my cj review...

women beat their men

men BEAT ON THEIR DRUMSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

2 top tracks of the night both classics

women beat their men & robbie rivera's feel this

Erick Morillo quarterly resident pleassssssse. The man just never dissapoints and last night put on a real show. I would have liked to have heard choo choo or roland and em's terrace sets but after em's main room set was done just couldn't stay some more, but last night will def be one of the top nights of music this year in miami. One other positive about the guy, when he gets on the mic for like 2 seconds it actually works to pump up the crowd, when dt does it, it does not work as well.

Tracks of the night for me other then the two eddy and saleen mentioned were the so fucking beatiful track and everybody wants to be somebody.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by livin42nite

Tracks of the night for me other then the two eddy and saleen mentioned were the so fucking beatiful track and everybody wants to be somebody.

i think it was the ruff neck remix...:eek:

what was the track name at 319am that sez "mother fucker".....?

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by livin42nite

I don't know the track name but he did mix plastic dreams with it no?

i couldn't tell..

at first i thought it was an old school kim enlish dub, but then i swore it was the beat from the goodmen - give it up.. and the guy who kept saying mother fucker, sounded like the guy on the dirty bitch track..

ok heres my review ...

i really didnt enjoy this set like i did the last time he was here... i just couldnt get into it ... imo the set was up down , up down , up down .. i just couldnt feel it ... i started to when he started with a couple of tribal tracks(which is what i prefered ) .. but then went back to the same thing ... im not tryin to be negative n shit ... just how i felt about his set ... i couldnt wait till 4 am till they WERE SUPPOSE TO OPEN THE PATIO FOR ROLAND !! but THAT never happened and i was told that the patio wasnt gonna open till 6 am ... me , happy face , & groove eric couldnt take it anymore and just left ...

funny thing is ... i liked alot of the tracks being played .. the set imo was just not goin anywhere.. once again .. id of preffered oscar g or roland in the blue room any day ... other than that it was a blast hangin with the KOOL people of cp ... its always a pleasure :cool: :cool:

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

How many pills was Morillo on? ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: naaaaa he looked very str8 to me ... last time i think he was on the pills thats why he rocked it last time :D:cool: :cool: someone please get tha man some mdma !!

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by koky

ok heres my review ...

i really didnt enjoy this set like i did the last time he was here... i just couldnt get into it ... imo the set was up down , up down , up down .. i just couldnt feel it ... i started to when he started with a couple of tribal tracks(which is what i prefered ) .. but then went back to the same thing ... im not tryin to be negative n shit ... just how i felt about his set ... i couldnt wait till 4 am till they WERE SUPPOSE TO OPEN THE PATIO FOR ROLAND !! but THAT never happened and i was told that the patio wasnt gonna open till 6 am ... me , happy face , & groove eric couldnt take it anymore and just left ...

funny thing is ... i liked alot of the tracks being played .. the set imo was just not goin anywhere.. once again .. id of preffered oscar g or roland in the blue room any day ... other than that it was a blast hangin with the KOOL people of cp ... its always a pleasure :cool: :cool:

the up and down up and down is what makes him the best house dj out there. That is the way you are supposed to do a set. Just like aero smith or metalica, they bring you on a journey. Last night i could set my watch to the times he was simmering the crowd to bring them back up. Tribal is over, and trance is for people who truely don't understand house. Not a knock on you, but that set last night, was perfection. koky you are just like all the other miami folks, they were brought up with acosta and trance at SL, and have no appreciation for true world class house talent. DT does exactly what EM does and so does a lot of other jocks. It's the way it's suppose to be. Everyone waited in anticipation of his build ups... thats what it's about, it's not about maintaing a cetain level of energy in the club, it's about taking it up a nothc every hour, until at 508am last night, he hammered it! Just when you think he's done taking it up, he brings you down, simmers the crowd then hammered it again..

the up and down up and down is what makes him the best house dj out there. That is the way you are supposed to do a set. Just like aero smith or metalica, they bring you on a journey. Last night i could set my watch to the times he was simmering the crowd to bring them back up. Tribal is over, and trance is for people who truely don't understand house. Not a knock on you, but that set last night, was perfection. koky you are just like all the other miami folks, they were brought up with acosta and trance at SL, and have no appreciation for true world class house talent. DT does exactly what EM does and so does a lot of other jocks. It's the way it's suppose to be. Everyone waited in anticipation of his build ups... thats what it's about, it's not about maintaing a cetain level of energy in the club, it's about taking it up a nothc every hour, until at 508am last night, he hammered it! Just when you think he's done taking it up, he brings you down, simmers the crowd then hammered it again..

i understand if thats what the older or older acting folks like nick ... but im the type of person that once im in party mode " ITS ON" !!! once im in that party zone im ready for some heavy dancing and partying ... i in no way wanna be brought down ..

like i said before i loved alot of the tracks... i just like a set when its built up and kept up there for awhile .. its not a miami thing imo ... imo its a "what kind of party person" you are & what your preferance is .. (I MEAN LOOK , BLING LIKED IT AND HES FROM MIAMI :laugh: ) .... MAYBE ITS JUST EACH INDIVIDUALS PREFFERANCE .. who knows ... i was just stating that it was not my cup of tea :D (the set i mean not the music itself) .. imo i know oscar woulda put that set together much better for my liking .. as for the tribal is dead comment ... i dunno but the crowd was dancing their asses off and going nutts when he was throwin that shit down . so i dunno if that comment has any true validity to it .. :confused:

:blah: :blah: :blah:

Last time Erick Morillo was here, October 2003, he was much better. Last night he had his moments, but nothing more. That's one man's opinion. Doesn't make it wrong or right. Just like Saleen's opinion, it's neither wrong nor right.

What bothers me is that the way he makes it seem his way is the right and only way! Wake up call....IT'S NOT!!! Maybe to him, it is. But to the rest of us, it's not.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by xxgrooveericxx

:

What bothers me is that the way he makes it seem his way is the right and only way! Wake up call....IT'S NOT!!! Maybe to him, it is. But to the rest of us, it's not.

how long have you been clubbing?

go get your hands on a paradise garage set, some larry levan etc...

the guys who started playing house when we were kids have been doing it that way since then, and it's the right way to do it. You are a bedroom dj and have no idea how to work a crowd and understand the fundementals of it.

how long have you been clubbing?

go get your hands on a paradise garage set, some larry levan etc...

the guys who started playing house when we were kids have been doing it that way since then, and it's the right way to do it. You are a bedroom dj and have no idea how to work a crowd and understand the fundementals of it.

imo if u are really meant to be a dj .. u will know how to work a crowd even on your 1st time out ... i dont think it really takes too much to learn if u are meant to do it .. :D i dont really think eric will have a problem :cool: :cool:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by marcodavalos

Remember how Tom Stephan was KING for you in August 2002? :rolleyes:

Glad u are finding house enjoyable lately ... :D

PS: I'm being nice 2 u cause I want the JR links. ;):D

music is dymanic and never stays the same. Genres get burned out and house always remains the constant...

i'll email you the jr links later, i have to see if the new ones are up, they changed every few weeks..