Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Byron Scott FIRED

Originally posted by sex0nthebeach

Nets are stupid as fuck for firing Scott. He led them to the Finals for 2 consecutive seasons and now they fire him because their record isn't too good. Who the fuck in the East has a good record besides the pacers? Nobody! the Atlantic conference looks like a fucking joke.

Dude, Scott was notorious for his teams lack of preparation.

They were the LEAST prepared team in the East.

He was also known to be extremely lazy.

There was a report awhile back that said he would be given game tapes and he wouldn't even watch any of them.

Nets made a good decision.

Originally posted by calebb

Dude, Scott was notorious for his teams lack of preparation.

They were the LEAST prepared team in the East.

He was also known to be extremely lazy.

There was a report awhile back that said he would be given game tapes and he wouldn't even watch any of them.

Nets made a good decision.

lets see if a replacement gets them into the finals- that is the only criteria if the nets made a good choice or not

Originally posted by babbo

lets see if a replacement gets them into the finals- that is the only criteria if the nets made a good choice or not

Not necessarily.

Because, how can we be certain that the Nets would've made the Finals this year? They certainly didn't seem to be headed there.

Not necessarily.

Because, how can we be certain that the Nets would've made the Finals this year? They certainly didn't seem to be headed there.

okay so based on a persons record- lets see if a replacement get them to the finals twice- thats all that matters- not if hes lazy- not if the players like hin or not- all of that bs doesnt matter- only thing that metters is the RECORD- wins-finals etc. only time will tell

okay so based on a persons record- lets see if a replacement get them to the finals twice- thats all that matters- not if hes lazy- not if the players like hin or not- all of that bs doesnt matter- only thing that metters is the RECORD- wins-finals etc. only time will tell

Ya, I agree to some level with the winning part.

But, dude, his record with the Nets was something like 149-139.

Now, I know what you're going to say. He is the Nets all time winningest coach. Fine. But, I think the Nets should be winning alot more with the talent that they have. Besides, while they did go to the Finals in back to back years; did they really show that they could actually WIN the championship?

Ya, I agree to some level with the winning part.

But, dude, his record with the Nets was something like 149-139.

Now, I know what you're going to say. He is the Nets all time winningest coach. Fine. But, I think the Nets should be winning alot more with the talent that they have. Besides, while they did go to the Finals in back to back years; did they really show that they could actually WIN the championship?

they cannot beat the lakers or the spurs- period- their talent not on par with those teams. winningest coach doent matter- what theyve done is fire a coach- WHO TOOK THEM TO THE FINALS- and now are going to TAKE THE CHANCE that they can find another coach that can do that- doosnt make sense to me- or many of the key sports columnists in the area- read their opinions in the local papers- they have erased a proven formula- and now will CHANCE it going forward- only time will tell- but the basics for the decision are ill conceived- apply it to any other business decision- in any industry- its poor logic

they cannot beat the lakers or the spurs- period- their talent not on par with those teams. winningest coach doent matter- what theyve done is fire a coach- WHO TOOK THEM TO THE FINALS- and now are going to TAKE THE CHANCE that they can find another coach that can do that- doosnt make sense to me- or many of the key sports columnists in the area- read their opinions in the local papers- they have erased a proven formula- and now will CHANCE it going forward- only time will tell- but the basics for the decision are ill conceived- apply it to any other business decision- in any industry- its poor logic

Dude, I read alot, trust me.

And the consensus amongst columnists is that it was a fucking great decision to get rid of Scott.

Look, you're looking at this the wrong way. You cannot base all actions and decisions soley on past accomplishments and success.

The bottom line is that they are not playing at the same level as the last two years. Therefore, the "proven formula" is no longer proven and no longer working.

The team is in turmoil and just not playing at the level that they are capable of. And it's the head coach's job to prepare them and motivate them.

This senario reminds me alot of Fassel and the Giants. He went to the playoffs and the Super Bowl and his tenure with the Giants is even considered to be successful.

Do you think they should've have kept Fassel?

Dude, I read alot, trust me.

And the consensus amongst columnists is that it was a fucking great decision to get rid of Scott.

Look, you're looking at this the wrong way. You cannot base all actions and decisions soley on past accomplishments and success.

The bottom line is that they are not playing at the same level as the last two years. Therefore, the "proven formula" is no longer proven and no longer working.

The team is in turmoil and just not playing at the level that they are capable of. And it's the head coach's job to prepare them and motivate them.

This senario reminds me alot of Fassel and the Giants. He went to the playoffs and the Super Bowl and his tenure with the Giants is even considered to be successful.

Do you think they should've have kept Fassel?

I never like fassell- #1, number 2 okay scotts gone- who they got?? you like eddie jordan- not big time imo- who else in in the running?? in business- you dont dump something b/4 you have the replacemnt- in place- its known as poor business( interim coaches dont cut it with big time teams- or businesses)- i think its weak mangement decison not to do it- but what to do next

I never like fassell- #1, number 2 okay scotts gone- who they got?? you like eddie jordan- not big time imo- who else in in the running?? in business- you dont dump something b/4 you have the replacemnt- in place- its known as poor business( interim coaches dont cut it with big time teams- or businesses)- i think its weak mangement decison not to do it- but what to do next

beyond that- i dont think this nets team is all that good anyway- that they got tothe finals only says to me- the resat of the teams in their league suck- and suck big time- the nets are in fianls by default

Eddie Jordan is the head coach of the Wizards now.

Anyway, here's what's wrong with your logic. Your logic says don't "dump something before you have the replacement".

They do have a replacement. Maybe not the one that they'll eventually end up with, but, nonetheless, a replacement.

Scott was the root of the problem. He what's caused this mess.

Suppose you are an executive at an investment bank and you've just committed a very serious infraction that is just cause for termination. Believe me, your Chief executive would not wait to hire a replacement. They will simply promote someone within the organization and proceed. That's how business has been conducted in sports, Corporate America, and politics.

beyond that- i dont think this nets team is all that good anyway- that they got tothe finals only says to me- the resat of the teams in their league suck- and suck big time- the nets are in fianls by default

They have the talent. What they need is someone who can mesh that talent and show them how to play as a team.