Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Julius Papp was somewhat disappointing...

philippio

I can't say that I didn't have a good time because I definitely did!!! But, I was expecting to hear a much more soulful set with a lot more sexy vocals and just a bit deeper than what he played. At times the set seemed a bit superficial and there were a few tracks that bored me a bit. But the crowd in general seemed to love it!!! And what a crowd it was!!! Nerve was quite packed!!! I've never seen it so full before!!! And it was nice that there was no quasi-fashion show between DHM and Julius Papp. The music flowed well from DHM's sets to Julius Papp's. From 1 to 10, I'd give this night an 8 overall rating.

Thanks Joe Budious, DHM and Julius Papp! Also, nice to see absolutv, Aladdin & Natasha, b-side, georgeacasta2 & Zuly, housedivision & Yvette...

Til' next time!

:D:hat:

Originally posted by norahmiami

i enoyed it......i thought it was good but nothing like Mark Grant...however, the crowd was awesome and an incredible vibe all over Nerve...definitely busier than any Fri night i've seen in the past 2 months...

Yeah, I definitely agree with you Norah! Mark Grant definitely rocked Sonar!!!

Also, a couple of other people I forgot to mention...

Cooljunkie Nick, Pod, Norahmiami and whoever else I forgot... Sorry!

Originally posted by philippio

I can't say that I didn't have a good time because I definitely did!!! But, I was expecting to hear a much more soulful set with a lot more sexy vocals and just a bit deeper than what he played. At times the set seemed a bit superficial and there were a few tracks that bored me a bit. But the crowd in general seemed to love it!!! And what a crowd it was!!! Nerve was quite packed!!! I've never seen it so full before!!! And it was nice that there was no quasi-fashion show between DHM and Julius Papp. The music flowed well from DHM's sets to Julius Papp's. From 1 to 10, I'd give this night an 8 overall rating.

Thanks Joe Budious, DHM and Julius Papp! Also, nice to see absolutv, Aladdin & Natasha, b-side, georgeacasta2 & Zuly, housedivision & Yvette...

Til' next time!

Should have stayed home Friday and went to Sonar for Lego, Sean Weeks and Nandez....best music I have heard since Mazi was here. HONESTLY!

I was pleased with his set......

I hate to say it but if he would have played from his heart instead of trying to play for Miami... a lot of people prob would have been upset...

Phillipio I'm sure you wanted him to go DEEPER.. In a way it would have been nice (but just for 20%) but I feel he played a Safe set... not to extreme either way... Overall it was quite GOOD!

I have not seen / heard him in a few years so I was just happy to see someone down here who knows him and a good growd to support it.....

Thanks Aqua:bootysha:

huh ??? he even threw some disco influenced stuff, however, at around 3:30 he shifted a bit less lyric more percussion and what not. he did do a good portion of funky, sexy and people did enjoy it (at least my perception). I enjoyed the set ! Mark Grant rocked though and Lego is the man !