look at the line up.....

that was the point..

old school jocks!

louie vega

david moralas

Tony Humphries

ultra nate

joi cardwell

the new jacks on this board, just don't know.. just will never know... it's so sad... That line up is sick!

Originally posted by saleen351

look at the line up.....

that was the point..

old school jocks!

louie vega

david moralas

Tony Humphries

ultra nate

joi cardwell

the new jacks on this board, just don't know.. just will never know... it's so sad... That line up is sick!

Saleen - I don't dislike you like many on this board, I find most of your posts informative - but I have two words for you:

CLUB DEEP

You are right that line up is really sweet and those guys can still turn it out

Just think I was privileged enough to enjoy that party when it was really going on and people like Todd Terry would hold after hours at his loft.

I remember seeing all the biggest house dj's there just hanging out and occasionally spinning with louie.

I can remember all those old vocal house tracks like it was yesterday but that doesn't mean that the new guys aren't turning out music that is good too.

Just because someone makes something you don't like doesn't mean it isnt technically good or the newer people to the scene shouldn't like it.

That is one thing that I loved about the old school NYC scene we would go see louie there then go to disco 2000 parties then off to nasa parties and we would go to hip hop with funkmaster flex. Thats the biggest problem I see today is people label everything back then it was about going out with friends and having a great time no matter where you were and househeads listened to house they listened to hip hop they just loved being around people having fun and enjoying themselves and not criticizing everything. Back then you had the freaks the preps the fashion slaves the suits and the normal people all hanging out together like it was normal.

If my old mind remembers correctly I can remember going to Shelter (when it was held at vinyl) for Louies or Timmy Regisford's b-day party and man was that a party.