Clubplanet Nightlife Community

State of New York Afterhours

Okay I'm not too sure on the sources of this proposed "1am Law"...although rumors say it is because it is not getng a lot of media becuz NYNA (new york night life association) David Rabin, is pushing for a law which would involve cops in an establishment after 1am.... hmmm.. i donno how i feel about this..

HOWEVER

if you visit the DCA webpage, as well as www.legalizedancingnyc.com, you will see that action has been taken to repeal the Cabaret Laws and instead, impose a night life license. after reading the proposition, the night life license is a really good idea, and it would allow clubs./bars to stay open until 6am, with liquor sales ending at 4am and if a place has a Night Life License, they must stay open after 1am...PLEASE READ THIS....GET INFORMED! Sign Online Petitions, Right to your MAYOR! visit these websites its all really interesting :)

Originally posted by xxrachael1xx

Okay I'm not too sure on the sources of this proposed "1am Law"...although rumors say it is because it is not getng a lot of media becuz NYNA (new york night life association) David Rabin, is pushing for a law which would involve cops in an establishment after 1am.... hmmm.. i donno how i feel about this..

HOWEVER

if you visit the DCA webpage, as well as www.legalizedancingnyc.com, you will see that action has been taken to repeal the Cabaret Laws and instead, impose a night life license. after reading the proposition, the night life license is a really good idea, and it would allow clubs./bars to stay open until 6am, with liquor sales ending at 4am and if a place has a Night Life License, they must stay open after 1am...PLEASE READ THIS....GET INFORMED! Sign Online Petitions, Right to your MAYOR! visit these websites its all really interesting :)

THANK YOU.

thank you, rachael, for being about the ONLY OTHER PERSON in nyc that has ACTUALLY read the legislation, as opposed to near everybody else that is perfectly content at screaming without as much as reading anything other than page six in the new york post.

i for one am truly sick of the total FUD getting spread around the net as rumour.

i was at the hearing in august, and have kept up with the DCA since, and i for one really do have faith in gretchen dykstra, the DCA and this new legislation. just the fact that they listened to people's concerns about the absurdity of the cabarets is something, but the fact that they seemed to put together something reasionable is even more awesome.

you need a license to drive a car, a license to own a gun, a license to sell liquor, and now a license to own a nightclub. with all the problems that nightlife has created for itself with the community boards and other regulatory agencies, i ask ... does this really sound unreasonable?