Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ULTRA VIP Tickets worth it ?!??

Okay, every year I've gone the crowds have gotten 'worse'. Long ass lines to tahiti to get some beer, and even to use the portoshittys. :eek: So we're all debating if its worth this $200 bucks. One thing im really curious is what is the "Gift Bag" that is included with the vip tix? Anyone know? Thanks!

In the past I would say that a $200 VIP ticket would not have been worth it, but this year it seems to get you more bang for you buck. Special entrance (saves time), gift bag (not sure what is in it), but best of all, preffered seating to the two main stages. This could be really handy seeing that the main stages were jam packed last year. Plus you get one meal for free, which could cost you upwards of $15. The only thing it does not include which would have been nice, would be a few beers.

i was seriously debating going to ultra but i'm not a trance fan and most of the headliners i would classify as trancy. also i'm into more intimate settings where the dj and the crowd have a connection. it seems to me that a huge crowd of thousands would dilute that dj / crowd relationship. and most importantly i want to dance. it seems that the last thing you will get to do at ultra is be close to the front and be able to dance. have fun whatever you decide to do......

I can see from what you are saying that you have never been to Ultra. Ultra is far from being an only trance event. There will be 10 - 12 different DJ's playing at one time, making Ultra one of the most musically diverse events I have ever attended. I know from experience (been to all 5 past Ultra's). Diversity of the line-up gets better each year. If you don't like trance, you could go the whole day without hearing it if you'd like. There will be a dedicated Break Beat stage and probably another small break beat tent, a dedicated D&B arena (probably 2), and more House than you can handle (Tribal, deep, progressive, etc). In all truth, if you have seen the latest updated lined, trance probably makes up the smallest part. As for dancing, at the two main stages I would agree with you, they get really crowed, especially during the live performances. Anyway, the main amphitheatre will be where most of the trance is (PVD, Tiesto, Oakie, etc.) so you should stay away from there anyway. But as for the rest of the stages and tents no problem getting in the mix and dancing it up. Bay Front Park is a huge facility and has no problem accommodating 50,000+.

Don't get the VIP tickets... you don't need them. I got them last year and it is not much dif. than regluar - you may save 5 mint going in, anyway there was a short line for reg. tickets.

The VIP section was next to the main stage and you couldn't get to the main stage at the end because it was too packed.

Cheers,

Originally posted by mbongiovi

I can see from what you are saying that you have never been to Ultra. Ultra is far from being an only trance event. There will be 10 - 12 different DJ's playing at one time, making Ultra one of the most musically diverse events I have ever attended. I know from experience (been to all 5 past Ultra's). Diversity of the line-up gets better each year. If you don't like trance, you could go the whole day without hearing it if you'd like. There will be a dedicated Break Beat stage and probably another small break beat tent, a dedicated D&B arena (probably 2), and more House than you can handle (Tribal, deep, progressive, etc). In all truth, if you have seen the latest updated lined, trance probably makes up the smallest part. As for dancing, at the two main stages I would agree with you, they get really crowed, especially during the live performances. Anyway, the main amphitheatre will be where most of the trance is (PVD, Tiesto, Oakie, etc.) so you should stay away from there anyway. But as for the rest of the stages and tents no problem getting in the mix and dancing it up. Bay Front Park is a huge facility and has no problem accommodating 50,000+.

i see what you mean. you have to admit the headliners are mostly trance out of the top 15 djs the house names are lawler, morillo, and bad boy bill who are also spinning other parties at wmc so its not like i'm going to miss them altogether .not worth the $$ imho . besides being cramped like a sardine. you add little louie vega, frankie knuckles, derrick may, john acquaviva to the mix then i'll shell out the duckets.

I here what your saying, if your not willing to shell out the money, which is not that much when you compare it to what some of the clubs (Space, Crobar, Opium, Mansion, State, Maze, etc.) will be charging. Plus I planned ahead and got my Ultra tickets for $35, a steal for the line-up that will be in attendance. On top of that from my point of view, I frequent the clubs on Miami Beach, so the change of environment that a festival like Ultra brings is a nice experience in my Eyes. The pounding of 1,000,000 Watts of sound just seems to suck me in. And as for being cramped like a sardine, its gonna be like that at just about every club you hit during the conference. If this is something you can't tolerate, definately stay away from the above mentioned clubs.

Originally posted by axe

Don't get the VIP tickets... you don't need them. I got them last year and it is not much dif. than regluar - you may save 5 mint going in, anyway there was a short line for reg. tickets.

The VIP section was next to the main stage and you couldn't get to the main stage at the end because it was too packed.

Cheers,

hmmm, well last year I know people who waited in line for over an hour just to get in. By about 3 pm the line gets really bad outside. I'm going to PVD Friday night and plan to sleep til about 2 or 3 pm before heading to Ultra, so the immediate entrance with a VIP ticket will be a huge plus. Couple this with a good view and a bit less crowded and I'll consider it money well spent...it's not like $200 is ALL THAT much money. If it makes my day at Ultra nicer I'd say it'll be worth it. I just want to have the best time I can, I'm on vacation and money is less important that fun. :) Just my .02

i want to point out that............

there is no such thing as guaranteed good time. The money. the sound. the crowd. the dj that canceled. the venue. the bitch that ignored me. the fat sweaty dude dripping on me. the soreness from all the dancing. the sobriety. the sunburn. the herpes. the hangover.

anything can be used as the reason why your happy time SUCKS. when in reality its a choice. empower yourself and say... i choose to have a good time no matter what the fuck happens , who the fuck spins or where the fuck i'm dancing at. close to a guarantee as you can get

Originally posted by gotsumoves

i want to point out that............

there is no such thing as guaranteed good time....

Hey man I'm not arguing. I know that a VIP ticket doesn't guarantee a good time. To me, however, it greatly increases the chances of a BETTER time, and that's enough for me. Believe me, I'll be having a mindblowing time at Ultra (in fact at the whole WMC) no matter what! Hopefully everyone else will too.

Think we'll just stick with the regular tickets then. Come to think of it now, isnt it amazing how many people attend Ultra every year? The attendance grows so much that its crazy. Thats the only thing that kinda sucks, but where else in the US can you attend an event like this every year? Only one thing - I would still like for Danny T to be thier. Any news on that anyone? I hear he will be at a club but not sure which one...

Originally posted by brian428

hmmm, well last year I know people who waited in line for over an hour just to get in. By about 3 pm the line gets really bad outside. I'm going to PVD Friday night and plan to sleep til about 2 or 3 pm before heading to Ultra, so the immediate entrance with a VIP ticket will be a huge plus. Couple this with a good view and a bit less crowded and I'll consider it money well spent...it's not like $200 is ALL THAT much money. If it makes my day at Ultra nicer I'd say it'll be worth it. I just want to have the best time I can, I'm on vacation and money is less important that fun. :) Just my .02

I think that last year was by far the fastests entrance I had ever had into an event lol. For real, compared to the past Ultra's, where I waited for 45 Mins, last year, I got in instantly.

me too, but i went at around 5pm? i think (little hazy on that) - no line at all.

I also spent the last 2 hours plus in the VIP near the main stage and I have to say that it was nice having some space and room to dance. Not sure that's its worth the $165 over the $35 tickets i got though :D and since i didn't feel the need to drink much that part didn't make so much difference to me personally.

I'd recommmend that if you aren't set on seeing the mainlines at the main stages (as in you are into stuff other than trance for instance) its probably not worth it. If you want to have space to dance for PVD, etc. though then maybe it would be...

...for me - traveling on the cheap - its too much dough for the benefit.