Clubplanet Nightlife Community

another huge space on 28th street - new club?

so im walking to work, and I see this huge ass space that spans almost half of 28th street from the west side highway to 11th ave. looked inside and its been gutted and getting some club-esque renovations...

is this another new club? the new scores? its huge..

it may be 27th street..i gottah check it out again. any info?

Originally posted by pangelid

so im walking to work, and I see this huge ass space that spans almost half of 28th street from the west side highway to 11th ave. looked inside and its been gutted and getting some club-esque renovations...

is this another new club? the new scores? its huge..

it may be 27th street..i gottah check it out again. any info?

scores?? quo??

Originally posted by bassboy

It sounds like you are describing Tunnel but apparently the landlord will never let the space be a club again....

And the building is filled with tainted souls!

might be, not sure, but there is definitely some renovations going on in there.

tunnel was on the west side highway?

walked by again...

its on 27th so yea, i am assuming its definitely tunnel since I saw an old lighting truss still there, but, it's definitely under renovation. There is a work order permit up, and people designing in there. The space has a very unique look to it, kinda like Luna. Long and narrow. Steel beams. Could def. be a club again, since no walls are up and doesn't look like they are going up. You can peek inside from the west side highway entrance.

it was bought by a catering hall...

theyleft,

The new owner's are using it for a Event space...

kinda like a meeting place, wedding's stuff likethat...

and its very odd to be able to see inside it, its the main bar. and dance floor....of the old space.

i miss tunnel

it's still one of those legendary space's

oly<

Originally posted by jaysea

theyleft,

and its very odd to be able to see inside it, its the main bar. and dance floor....of the old space.

i miss tunnel

oly<

as an event/gallery space def., but damn, those are gunna be some progressive weddings. must be what happens when clubbers get hitched..

on the flip, will be intersting to attend some one-off parties there.

If the people getting married had ANY idea about the shit that has gone down in that place I wonder if they'd still do it....

What was Tunnel's body count?

All I know is that when the lights went on and there were people laying all over the place fucked up at 11am it was a scary thing to see.

Originally posted by bassboy

If the people getting married had ANY idea about the shit that has gone down in that place I wonder if they'd still do it....

What was Tunnel's body count?

All I know is that when the lights went on and there were people laying all over the place fucked up at 11am it was a scary thing to see.

haha..

so where the frick are the six clubs that were being hyped by this year. so far i only see three..spirit, crobar, and marquee. I know Quo and Scores2 is in the works. What is the 6th...

just as an FYI: i was walking down 29th near 11th and 12ave, and they are working on the biggest restaurant I have ever seen. Could easily be a restaurant/club. 80 foot high ceilings, huge open space, elevated floors, but the contracter told me restaurant. wonder what it is..

theyleft,

i miss tunnel

oly<

parked right outside of the tunnel yesterday.. bought back memories *tear

they definitely knowcked down the side wall to make it an entrance.. you could still see the steel I beams that were cut to form the doors they have now.. i really hope they open up a club there.. it's the hottest venue in the city.. maybe the world???

Originally posted by pangelid

haha..

so where the frick are the six clubs that were being hyped by this year. so far i only see three..spirit, crobar, and marquee. I know Quo and Scores2 is in the works. What is the 6th...

just as an FYI: i was walking down 29th near 11th and 12ave, and they are working on the biggest restaurant I have ever seen. Could easily be a restaurant/club. 80 foot high ceilings, huge open space, elevated floors, but the contracter told me restaurant. wonder what it is..

marquee? never heard of...what are the specs of this place? size? rooms? etc thanks

Matt

well, Avalon opend in the old limelight,

spirit in the old twilo

and crobar in the Foundry space...

thats 3.........plus DEEP

thats 4...Quo is still in construction........

thats 5......

Centro will be bed, in 6 months>

thats 6

and i will be opeing my doors in april..

thats 7

lol

tunnel legal capacity was 3,200

BUT, iv been ther eon nights when there were like 6,000 people there.......those nights were BAD

u know tunnel would be totally filled if the main long ass hallway was filled head to head with people..

i miss the tunnel. very cool club..

theres nothing really even close to it... anywhere?

oly

well, Avalon opend in the old limelight,

spirit in the old twilo

and crobar in the Foundry space...

thats 3.........plus DEEP

thats 4...Quo is still in construction........

thats 5......

Centro will be bed, in 6 months>

thats 6

and i will be opeing my doors in april..

thats 7

lol

this is true, but I remember the hype revolving around six clubs opening on the 27/28th street block. i doubt deep and centro factor into that. there is this mysterious 6th i am curious about.

the 6th might be mine, lol

but im not doing press on it untill its done, and i dont wanna be a big hyped space, i wanna be the dark big space, uthoguht was small, and scares u into loving it.....

over time i wanna Grow to be a large space,

but because ny sucks, i had to fill alot of the xtra space with art work, Big artwork, lol just so they could cut my capacity down to like 16oo, lol

bullshit

Originally posted by clubgurl4evr

wanna bet asshole i have a artcle right in fronyt of me, but excuse me you think you know it all

As to my knowledge. As long as Tunnel is owned by the same person. It will never become a club again...

On another note. After how many years the Tunnel has been closed. It was freaky the other night. I made my girl stop as we were driving by the space and I looked into what used to be the side wall ( Now a front entrance ) and if you look far enough in. It still looks like the Tunnel Minus the main bar and stair case making your way up to the cold cold room upstairs and the bathrooms which would have been right in front of the ( Now Doors ). They still had one of those cages in there. Some Lighting trusses and such... Talk about a slow renovation. They should really bring this place back to life and make it a club again... :( Looking in that window brought back so many damn memories... ( The good ole days ) When life was simple. So few responsibilities... Blah Blah Blah....

Anyway

Originally posted by clubgurl4evr

wanna bet asshole i have a article right in front of me, but excuse me you think you know it all

Actually he is right...lol

Quo is across from Crobar...this is a block away.

He also owns a space right there as well that is being opened up as a new nightclub. Plus was a big part of this nightclub industry years ago when you(as well as myself) were still in elementary school. So maybe you should show a littlle respect and realize that YOU dont know everything.

Oly is one person that could teach you a little something about this scene.

and ElementX...yes...I worked in the offices of Limelight/Tunnel when it was closed down and the owner did say as long as he owned the building it would never be a club again.

Originally posted by az-tec

Actually he is right...lol

Quo is across from Crobar...this is a block away.

He also owns a space right there as well that is being opened up as a new nightclub. Plus was a big part of this nightclub industry years ago when you(as well as myself) were still in elementary school. So maybe you should show a littlle respect and realize that YOU dont know everything.

Oly is one person that could teach you a little something about this scene.

and ElementX...yes...I worked in the offices of Limelight/Tunnel when it was closed down and the owner did say as long as he owned the building it would never be a club again.

Did you know one of the Narcotics Security guys named

Mike Chan he ran an outside security company. I do not believe he worked at the Tunnel. But I know he ran things at Lime Light and at Exit2.

element>

i posted this like a while ago, about how u can now see into the old space its fucken weird huh?

the stairs are deff gone,

whats weird about the tunnel is, that the building itself was soooooooo fucken huge, that the club sat in this little corner of this huge space, But the tunnel part..was also Fucking HUGE.

its a damm big building,

and i would DIE to see what the fuzzy room looks like now, the last time i was in there, there was no more fuzz, and the room looked like a empty basment, it was sooooooooo fucking weird

i did not get to look up-stairs tho, id die to see the old haunted living room and the bathroom, .....or those weird spiral stairs, near the bar........sad

oly

Originally posted by elementx

Did you know one of the Narcotics Security guys named

Mike Chan he ran an outside security company. I do not believe he worked at the Tunnel. But I know he ran things at Lime Light and at Exit2.

hmmm nah...didnt.

I was there from late 2000 til just about before LL closed. Maybe he was there before that?