Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why doesnt anyone play much trance in this area?

Originally posted by firedup

List some good trance tracks...like flight 643 and lethal industry...

i love trance....thanks...

Buy the Tiesto In Concert DVD, it'll give you a complete listing for more than enough trance and the concert itself is as they say here on the boards...

sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Originally posted by feelgoodshouse

trance is not popular here for many of the reasons mentioned above...but I would like to add ...that music attracts crack heads plain and simple and in NJ that is too much hassel (remeber wehn the sayreville clubs were raided?)

Trance attracts crackheads:confused: :confused: . then i gues Temps plays alot of trance then :D :D

Originally posted by feelgoodshouse

is not popular here for many of the reasons mentioned above...but I would like to add ...that music attracts crack heads plain and simple and in NJ that is too much hassel (remeber wehn the sayreville clubs were raided?) No owner wants that trouble. The whole NYC scene is going down beacause of that...

Doooooood are you kidding me? I imagine you must never have stepped foot in Tempts? Tempts doesnt play any trance at all and the place is packed with every Tom, Dick and Crackhead. And Jonathan Peters who plays a mix house doesnt attract crackheads? Just stop it.

Why doesnt anyone play much trance in this area?

cause u cant do the guido fist pump to it.

i used to like the some of the 98-99 trance, but i used to get pretty banged up then too.

trance with someone working/spinning the glowsticks used to look good too

still nice to listen too when i'm mellowing out

i agree that hip hop sux

i always try to work trance into my sets here and there

i have a lot of trance cd's i make that no one out there even gets to hear (ehhhhemmm HYpe ;) )

Trance is an art form-- listening to PVD or Tiesto CONDUCT a 5 or 6 hour set and bring u up and then down and the level of energy that resonates throughout a crowd during a trance set is something i havent seen matched by any other djs in any other genre of music....

Lemme put it in terms local peeps can understand-- The build up in rivera's mix of feel the beat that DESTROYS tempts every time denny rocks it-- imagine that kind of energy only on every song!!

and PS i do it sober-- 100%

this isnt a 'trance is better, tribal is better, ect" argument-- Im just saying that the most energetic and responsive crowds and DJ's i've witnessed as well as the most masterful PROGRAMMING skills (cuz anyone can mix nowadays..well actually....but still, anyone can mix, but crafting a set together so it flows, that takes talent) have come from TRANCE events and TRANCE dj's

just my opinions

• 3 months later...

Simply put.. There hasn't been a DJ that truly loved TRANCE Enough to play it for the whole night, without worying the the Jerseans might leave the club let alone the dance floor.

DJ's in Jersey or DJ's that spin in Jerz clubs are smart. They play to what they think or know that people will respond to best.

But like I said, there hasn't been someone that was courageous enuff. to let TRANCE flow the whole night.

Just just my theory.

im sorry GAMB but i must say that your "theory" is greatly flawed

its not totaly the djs that are "affraid" to experiment but i think your just looking at it from the standpoint of all these new commer djs

who

A) are affraid - and if they are, then they shouldnt be up there

B) are narrowminded into thinking they have to only spinn whats HOT to be good

C) dont take the direction of actually running a weekly or nightly party hand in hand with the OWNER and not just some subpromoter

its all too often that i come across scared djs

and even MORE too often that i see ( and am sometimes the recieveing end person )

of a conversatoin where the owner says ' can you just play "____" style of music ok?"

fuk that

i go in

i make my point - this is how and the what kinda party i wantto do

and theres absolutly no objections

If there are

i go to a nother place to do it , what? like there isnt 20,000 places in town anyway?

i dont take offence to your theory because its just that.

Its YOUR theory and you derive it from what you see. however, there is much more that you are not seeing so its not been taken into concideration

personally

i would love to keep atrance party going however in this tristate area we are subjected to supporting the masses

and not the lesser known