Clubplanet Nightlife Community

North FLA clubs

I'm new to the site & I hope some of you can help me out. I'm from Chicago & have been living in SD CA for a year. I'm getting transferred to Jacksonville, FLA in a few weeks. Does anyone know of any good clubs there (if any)? I'm kind of doubtful as to if there is even a scene there for djs. At least Miami is only a 5 hour drive...

jax has a nice little scene.

as soon as you get there go to five points.....that is where most of the record shops and shit are, people are mad cool and will help you out around there.

I only remember one big club, DV8, but there are plenty more.

They get alot of Breaks parties, I know icey spins there all the time.

There is one big commercial vinyl shop out on the beaches, but i cant remember the name, people at 5 points will help you.

Other than that, the better parties will be in Tampa and Orlando.

Miami is NOT worth the drive outside of WMC, as it gets pretty quiet down there as well.

There are occasional raves in Daytona Beach with Big Name DJ's, and that is closer than tampa or orlando.

Good luck, and PM me if u need any help!

Thanks! I'm glad there's some kind of nightlife there. We leave the 14th, so I'll let u know if I need more info. Yeah, I wouldn't drive to Miami unless there was some big talent. It will be fun to take weekend trips there though. I love SoBe!

hey whats up. i'm glad to see that someone is going to be around the jax area, on this site. i moved down here from boston a few months ago and the clubb scene is nothing like there but you can find some cool spots. i usualy go to orlando some weekends but i can get you some names of some spots in jax, that are cool.

Hello from Orlando!!!!

jax has some cool spots but like mentioned earlier,Orlando and Tampa are much better.

i run a production group called SOULPATCH andwe mainly deal with deep and funky house.

colette 2.14 @ the bank

chris lum 2.27 @ the bank

dizzy 4.2 @ aka lounge

let me know if you plan on coming to Orlando and I'll let you know what's happening!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm from Tampa, and lived in Jax for over 2 years. The club scene is not as good in Jax, but they have Club 5 in Five Points. DV8 is closed and has been for a LONG time. It was an after hours place, but they are pretty strict. You have to know someone to get in. Club 5 is the ONLY place to hear Break Beat in Jax. Gainesville SUCKS!! Don't waste money or time going there for a night out.

**WTF, Babystewie..como payaso!!!

Originally posted by mostlyangel

Gainesville SUCKS!! Don't waste money or time going there for a night out.

::sniff, sniff:: Man.... ::sigh::... hate to hear that. Gone are the good 'ol days when Simon's was still "underground". Does that place even exist anymore? I do remember going there a few years after leaving school... and it was all "commercial" and they started putting all this money into the place to appeal to the general public and shit. And it was exactly that... shit. Gotta love those hardcore clubs that not many people know about, and the walls are plain black or whatever... and it was ALLLLL about the music, the people, and the vibe.

::sigh::

... funk... out.

• 2 weeks later...