Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MARCO V.--PAJAMA PARTY--SOUNDFACTORY---NUFF SAID!

Originally posted by mixmoderator

ARE YOU THE SOUND TECH?

Noooo- But I heard PVD there 2 years ago.... And it sounded like ASS. The place was tuned for House. I dunno what they did after JP left cause I haven't been there since Halloween.... But I can't see Trance sounding good there. The highs are tuned low and the lows are tuned high. OR they were. Who knows what they did????? I never liked JP playing trance @ SF anyway.... It needs BOOMING BASS. Not melodies.

Originally posted by djgrod

Noooo- But I heard PVD there 2 years ago.... And it sounded like ASS. The place was tuned for House. I dunno what they did after JP left cause I haven't been there since Halloween.... But I can't see Trance sounding good there. The highs are tuned low and the lows are tuned high. OR they were. Who knows what they did????? I never liked JP playing trance @ SF anyway.... It needs BOOMING BASS. Not melodies.

Say what you want.... I'm no SF fan... But the sound system is pretty damn good... I've heard better but not many...

Guest uenythiss
Originally posted by modouglas

Theme parties were never disappointing. I will be there to check it out.

yea the theme party were never dissapointing...but factory isnt what it used to be.. jp is missing im jus wonderin if there is goin to be a big turn out...i definitly wanna check it out but always wanna makes sure its worth goin too.

Hope they do better then last weekend...... Cause if they don't pick it up soon it's buh-bye SF...... (And it's a damn shame too. Cause the club is great.) But I guess RG is learning that it's not his club that was packing people in, it was his DJ.... And he's prob wishing that he minded the old saying- "If it ain't broke- don't fix it...."

(As far as Marco V- I was under the assumption that he was a Trance DJ.... Hard tech and trance aren't my thing. I'm a Vocal/Tribal DJ.... Honestly Del is the only track I know of by him and it's too trancy for my liking.... Just my .02. If I made the wrong assumption about him. I stand corrected. :D )

Hope they do better then last weekend...... Cause if they don't pick it up soon it's buh-bye SF...... (And it's a damn shame too. Cause the club is great.) But I guess RG is learning that it's not his club that was packing people in, it was his DJ.... And he's prob wishing that he minded the old saying- "If it ain't broke- don't fix it...."

(As far as Marco V- I was under the assumption that he was a Trance DJ.... Hard tech and trance aren't my thing. I'm a Vocal/Tribal DJ.... Honestly Del is the only track I know of by him and it's too trancy for my liking.... Just my .02. If I made the wrong assumption about him. I stand corrected. :D )

Yes ... the DJ was packing the place.. and who's to say that another DJ won't do the same? Don't blame Richard Grant for having the balls to make an unpopular decision. The fact is that all of you JP asslickers are the ones who forced him to make that decision. How soon we forget that you people were the ones who caused the place to be padlocked as part of a drug investifation exactly one year ago this past Saturday. In the period between jan 2000 and feb 2003 there were 81 arrests at SF. The only club with a worse record was exit with 170. Back then you could fight that sort of thing in court. Today we have the "rave act" and the "anti electronic musis sentiment". It was only a metter of time before the club would have been shut down permantly anyway with all the dumb shit people were doing in there. Im sure that having a kid die on the dancefloor last year didn't make life any easier for management either...

Originally posted by bumpdaddy

Yes ... the DJ was packing the place.. and who's to say that another DJ won't do the same? Don't blame Richard Grant for having the balls to make an unpopular decision. The fact is that all of you JP asslickers are the ones who forced him to make that decision. How soon we forget that you people were the ones who caused the place to be padlocked as part of a drug investifation exactly one year ago this past Saturday. In the period between jan 2000 and feb 2003 there were 81 arrests at SF. The only club with a worse record was exit with 170. Back then you could fight that sort of thing in court. Today we have the "rave act" and the "anti electronic musis sentiment". It was only a metter of time before the club would have been shut down permantly anyway with all the dumb shit people were doing in there. Im sure that having a kid die on the dancefloor last year didn't make life any easier for management either...

Show me the DJ that's gonna restore SF to what it was and I'll guarantee RG will give you a rimmer in Times Square. Cuase there isn't one out there..... I'm not disagreeing that all the drug shit was SF's downfall. But wasn't it the downfall of clubs like Limelight, Twilo, etc....? Hmmmm. Must be JP's fault that happens in all clubs. I'm gonna go lick his ass now..... I'll be back later on to read your brilliant response. I'm not blaming him for doing it, I just said he's prob wishing that he DIDN'T make the switch..... Cause I'm sure the overhead is KILLING his wallet. Whatever. Soon enough my friends, soon enough..... I called the JR thing from day 1 and I'll call this..... Esp if the rumors of JP buying Exit are true..... SF doesn't last another year. And it'll suck if/ when it does close... But RG bought it on himself.:laugh:

The only time SF was packed was on theme nights, maybe like 1000 people went on a regular night, so everyone needs to stop acting like there were 4000 heads in there every week, and that RG just fired JP for no reason. Thats why the club started making up dumb theme parties like "the land of make believe", or "Egyptian night" or some shit like that just to get people to go.

:(

im not dressing up in my pajamas

im 80% going, depening how i feel,been kinda sick for the past couple of days s o ill see, most likely ill go

anyone check marco v last time when he was at arc, i thought he was good, but a lot of ppl are telling me hes now at soundfactory cause he sucked so bad :confused:

whats with this new line up for sf,

rank-1 is coming?

what kind of crowd is there now??

at the res:erection party, up in the vip it was all NJ

Later in the night like after 6am sunday morning everyone was staying on the 3rd floor and since i didnt roll or anything it was weird looking at all the fuuuuucked up people there

like while i was resting there was this kid dancing the whole time i was sitting down (good half hour) then i started dancing (good hour), then went down on the main floor for about an hour and half, came back up and still the kid was dancing and he didnt look like he took any breaks.

even when i roll crazy hard i gotta stop and chill for a few mins.

and they wonder how these kids die in clubs cause of dehydration..

Show me the DJ that's gonna restore SF to what it was and I'll guarantee RG will give you a rimmer in Times Square. Cuase there isn't one out there..... I'm not disagreeing that all the drug shit was SF's downfall. But wasn't it the downfall of clubs like Limelight, Twilo, etc....? Hmmmm. Must be JP's fault that happens in all clubs. I'm gonna go lick his ass now..... I'll be back later on to read your brilliant response. I'm not blaming him for doing it, I just said he's prob wishing that he DIDN'T make the switch..... Cause I'm sure the overhead is KILLING his wallet. Whatever. Soon enough my friends, soon enough..... I called the JR thing from day 1 and I'll call this..... Esp if the rumors of JP buying Exit are true..... SF doesn't last another year. And it'll suck if/ when it does close... But RG bought it on himself.:laugh:

Maybe nobody WANTS to restore SF to what it was.... Maybe those days are OVER. Stop living in the past... If everyone wants to hear JP so bad then why aren't club owner's fighting over who's going to book him first??? Alot of clubs are doing VERY WELL without him. People are also are having a good time WITHOUT him. IF he is reopening exit and doing something good with it then more power to him. I personally think he's going to learn the harsh reality of operating a club New York City the hard way....