Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Educate please

Never been to WMC so I need some help here since I am getting a bit confused by all the various events.

So, WMC is a huge conference with mostly meetings, seminars etc...The fee for the conference starts at around $400.

Besides all those events, there are live performances by various DJs - some are part of the official conference and some are just side events.

I am guessing the biggest one is the Ultra ($55 entry fee) - which is part of the WMC.

SO, now my question: If I want to go there for music only (I am in no way associated with the industry) - I really don't have to buy the entry pass to the WMC for $375.

I should be able to check out all the events just by going to each venue/club.

I guess I should only get the advanced tix for the Ultra Festival.

Am I right?

thanks

Originally posted by PCR

Never been to WMC so I need some help here since I am getting a bit confused by all the various events.

So, WMC is a huge conference with mostly meetings, seminars etc...The fee for the conference starts at around $400.

Besides all those events, there are live performances by various DJs - some are part of the official conference and some are just side events.

I am guessing the biggest one is the Ultra ($55 entry fee) - which is part of the WMC.

SO, now my question: If I want to go there for music only (I am in no way associated with the industry) - I really don't have to buy the entry pass to the WMC for $375.

I should be able to check out all the events just by going to each venue/club.

I guess I should only get the advanced tix for the Ultra Festival.

Am I right?

thanks

yes dont waste ur time witht he badge just go out to all the partys and shit

Your absolutly right. if you're only into the music ,then skipping the conference is fine.just about every club,resterauant,hotel or any other place that can hold people,will be having events for a week straight.

Check out the thread labled "sick lineup for the househeads",

:party: :party:

there is no reason to go to the actual WMC conference unless you are in the industry.

everyone that is speaking about "going to the WMC" is not really going to the WMC conference, it's more like you're "going to all the parties at the same time as the WMC."

ultra is the biggest party that is organized during the WMC week, which now is tied to the actual conference (i think?). it doesn't matter whether the party is organized by the actual conference or not, there are many parties that are historically known to be pretty dope - like, Danny Tenaglia's Space parties, now Howell's BED party, and anytime Sasha/Digweed is around. ;)