Clubplanet Nightlife Community

2.13 >> Micro, Dave Aude, Baron @ Cubik!

funshine

Every Friday at Nation

Buzzlife presents Cübik:

FRIDAY, FEB. 13 2004: MICRO | DAVE AUDE | BARON

microsubway2.jpgdaveaude.gif

MICRO [Caffeine | www.moonshine.com | NY]

Micro is a veteran to Buzzlife parties. Not only does he rock stateside, but club goers have heard his smooth mixes of progressive beats internationally. URB magazine described him as a "techno maestro" and we're sure you'll agree.

DAVE AUDE [www.moonshine.com | LA]

Even if you have never heard Dave play in person, you have probably heard his songs elsewhere. The "End Titles Remix" with Paul Oakenfold appeared in the movie Signs. Dave also had several of his songs play in Nike, Sony, and Coca Cola commercials. He is a backbone to Moonshine Records.

CORTEX [www.dcskillz.com | Dilou Records | DC]

Special Tonight in the Rubik Room:

Drum n' Bass tonight in the RUBIK ROOM. For more information on Baron, who just had a release on Virus, visit this site:

http://www.breakbeat.co.uk/features/baron.html

baron02.jpg

BARON [baron Inc. | CIA | Advanced | TOV | Virus | Renegade Hardware | UK]

ODJ [www.DirtboxRadio.com | Partners in Crime | Trividual Productions ]

TITTS & ARSE [www.tittworth.com | Seventh Day Soul | KRUNK]

SPECIAL DANCE PERFORMANCE BY: D.W.A.

COMING THIS MONTH:

02.20 : PHOTEX | MAMPI SWIFT

02.27 : DANNY HOWELLS | SCOTT HENRY

ADMISSION:

$10 for Buzz members until 12 midnight

$15 General admission before 11 p.m.

$20 General admission after 11 p.m.

For information on how to become a Buzz member at no charge, visit:http://www.buzzlife.com/mssg_brd/showthread.phps=&threadid=28944

All events are 18 & over w/ proper, gov't-issued, photo ID

Regular hours: 9 p.m. - 4 a.m. | OPEN BAR from 9 p.m. - 10 p.m.

CüBIK is every Friday at NATION

1015 Half St. SE, WDC

WWW.BUZZLIFE.COM

Originally posted by vicman

more tribal house and techno. less d&b and funky house.

well be sure to represent for danny howells on the 27th. if the tribal/tech/prog crowd pulls like it used to two years ago, then you'll get more tribal. until then the d 'n' b crews offer their support week after week and don't complain about other styles of music. respekt to the front liners not the whiners.

:) :) :) :) :) :)

d&b is big in the area, if that pulls in the crowd then be it. we all know it is a business and you need to make money. i'll be there for DH just like I was for Hybrid and Infusion and opening night and many countless night before then.

i'll go out and support as much as i can, but we all have our different tastes in music and as such i will tend to go to those parties that cater to my tastes, be it Buzz or elsewhere.

Originally posted by funshine

And good funky house at that :D

But his type of house is geared towards the raver crowd if i'm not mistaken. I think the type of house Axe is referring to is the kind that isnt played at a bpm equivelent to the speed of light. I remember when Buzz would book lots of san fran house djs (mark farina and such)and chicago house djs such as derrick carter. Those were the good ol days

Originally posted by studioalias

well be sure to represent for danny howells on the 27th. if the tribal/tech/prog crowd pulls like it used to two years ago, then you'll get more tribal. until then the d 'n' b crews offer their support week after week and don't complain about other styles of music. respekt to the front liners not the whiners.

:) :) :) :) :) :)

I agree. But it's hard not to think back to the days when Buzz would get an eclectic mix of djs week after week. I realise that nowadays it's more about pulling in a nice size crowd (and of also trying to cater to everyones needs in terms of djs). Completely understandable because you guys need to meet your quota and then some. I've accepted the fact that things won't be like the "good ol' days," but I'm fine with that.

so much trance??? surely you jest?

the whole city is house raised to the power n. almost everywhere I go I usually hear the same house music and some dnb. my god... what happened to variety, not everyone likes house.

house house house. even the places that claim to spin trance never do, I go and find out it's all house, which is ok but it's nice to have variety, the same applies to much trance, as if there is such a thing.

currently there is no trance.. glow comes back in march hopefully. buzz doesn't spin that much trance anyway. If they did, I would go frequently.

give us this one night.

trance.............

Originally posted by axe

why so much trance :confused: We need some house....