Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Arc Saturday night......

Originally posted by sleepiswaste

Did anyone else go? I need another perspective?

i think it was the worst club experience i ever had.

It was the 112 Crew spinning. That is a totally music based party.

They spin alot of experemental things that other dj's would never play.

I know it's not alot of peoples cup of tea...

Originally posted by mattm2o

It was the 112 Crew spinning. That is a totally music based party.

They spin alot of experemental things that other dj's would never play.

I know it's not alot of peoples cup of tea...

thing is....

the experimental stuff is my cup of tea....and i have rocked out enough to it...but there was no feeling to it saturday night.

-z

Originally posted by Drunk

I had a great time. 112 Crew was solid that night. Their style is not for everyone, but 112 Crew fans are hardcore about the party.

what was solid about it???

every record was drawn out till the end...and with the minimal stuff...thats a long time....

the music itself is nothing new to me...so i need to hear more then

just "different" records played one after the other.

thats what it was to me...people playing different records then most others....but is that enough?

the only people i saw focused and having a good time...were the people glued to speakers with drool down thier chins..grinding teeth like it was bubble gum.

what was solid about it???

every record was drawn out till the end...and with the minimal stuff...thats a long time....

the music itself is nothing new to me...so i need to hear more then

just "different" records played one after the other.

thats what it was to me...people playing different records then most others....but is that enough?

the only people i saw focused and having a good time...were the people glued to speakers with drool down thier chins..grinding teeth like it was bubble gum.

We were obviously in different clubs. Everyone I was with had a good time, and we were all sober minus a few pre-game drinks at Antarctica. 112 Crew is getting bigger as time passes and it's for a reason. It's probably not your bag. To each their own. . .

Originally posted by Drunk

We were obviously in different clubs. Everyone I was with had a good time, and we were all sober minus a few pre-game drinks at Antarctica. 112 Crew is getting bigger as time passes and it's for a reason. It's probably not your bag. To each their own. . .

i dont know how to convey that it is "my bag" without sounding like i have an ego....

i knew many of the tracks played that night.

but it was nothing more then tracks. if anything from a dj perspective...its an eays mixing night.

-z

i dont know how to convey that it is "my bag" without sounding like i have an ego....

i knew many of the tracks played that night.

but it was nothing more then tracks. if anything from a dj perspective...its an eays mixing night.

-z

dont waste your energy.

We didnt have a very good time either. a combo of the music being relatively uninteresting and arc sucking the life right out of us... no vibe in that place anymore

*sigh*

music was excellent in my opinion.

as far as vibe is concerned, what sort of vibe were you looking for?

how was it the worst clubbing experience ever? i dont get it, it was $5.

what more do u want out of a night out besides alcohol?

dont hate, appreciate!

I thought the music was good also, first time for me hearing 112 crew i never really ever went into the arcade when they were there. then again i am surprised i even heard the music from the amount of talking i was doing:blah: as for the vibe/crowd the arc kids are some of the coolest, it was not totally packed out but i had fun

why bad?

.....8 minutes between mixes...

.....no progression from track to track, and if there was it didnt last for more then 2 records......

.....many of the tracks they played just got lost on the system, the intricate details in the tracks dissappeared (only beauty of minimal tech house).......

.....maybe 30 people dancing between 3 and 5......

...no alcohol :tongue: but security was drinking beer.......

....4$ coat check...

....crowd that just waited for the break in order to show enthusiasm....

arc that night was probably the only place in manhattan to hear the tracks i heard on a large system.....pity it was all put together

with the mindset of a house/progressive dj... "wait for break....fade in...fade out..."

innovate dont imitate.

oh and p.s. thanks for letting fans of dandy jack know at the door that he wasnt playing. thanks for the effort.

This is why I am not a big fan of the 112crew. Except for Denis Rodgers I really do not care for the 112crew or minimal tech. I do enjoy the break tracks that Denis Rodgers drops but that is another story. When Bill Patric opend for Howells' birthday party his set had no energy. The dance floor was full of clubers ready to dance. All they needed was a good beat to groove to. What they got were long boring minimal tracks. There was no funk to it, no build up, no break down. The tracks were borring. You are spinning dance music it needs to move a crowd. You can not spin music without funk or soul and make people dance.

Originally posted by afa8317

This is why I am not a big fan of the 112crew. Except for Denis Rodgers I really do not care for the 112crew or minimal tech. I do enjoy the break tracks that Denis Rodgers drops but that is another story. When Bill Patric opend for Howells' birthday party his set had no energy. The dance floor was full of clubers ready to dance. All they needed was a good beat to groove to. What they got were long boring minimal tracks. There was no funk to it, no build up, no break down. The tracks were borring. You are spinning dance music it needs to move a crowd. You can not spin music without funk or soul and make people dance.

the style of music they championed on saturday is on a mental level. It leaves so much room to do different stuff with it to make people move....it just didnt happen saturday

they style of music they championed on saturday is on a mental level. It leaves so much room do different stuff with it to make people move....it just didnt happen saturday

That is the problem. Dance music is not a mental music. You don't think about why you like to dance to a song. Your body feels the beat and it reacts to it. Dance music takes us back to primitive man. It fulfills that primitive urge to dance. When you think to much about it, you take the fun out of it. DJs should not try and break apart and analyze a track. They should feel out the track, and work with their instinct.

That is the problem. Dance music is not a mental music. You don't think about why you like to dance to a song. Your body feels the beat and it reacts to it. Dance music takes us back to primitive man. It fulfills that primitive urge to dance. When you think to much about it, you take the fun out of it. DJs should not try and break apart and analyze a track. They should feel out the track, and work with their instinct.

I agree completely. And for all of us that know how to mix and are aware of what IS going on up there, it can be frustrating... but ultimately regardless of how much skill it took to mix whatever track, etc.. the ultimate judgement is if there are asses shaking out there.

tell that to a country fan...or a rock fan when they listen to

electronic music...

its all about how you percieve the music......which is all in your mind. the body follows the mind.

oh and p.s. thanks for letting fans of dandy jack know at the door that he wasnt playing. thanks for the effort.

perhaps they should think twice before playing another party the night before the party they were booked to play.

what would you have done mr know it all?