Clubplanet Nightlife Community

is Kurfew still around?

jaysea

Originally posted by jaysea

see,

after limelight closed in 96" alot of club kids didint have a club to prance in anymore, and i dont think 1996, was the year of the club kids....u would not catch me DEAD, dressed up, after 95, after all the shit went down, michael, and angel, Dameion and greg, jennifer's body was found behind Expo, cut up into like 10 little part's....SOOOOOOOOOOO

much shit went down, in the end.

but after 96....limelight was Totally over, but the tunnel Started to make a name for its self, buy 98....tunnel was It, Yet again

i remember when tunnel was it, in 92-93ish.....those were when it was filled with leather white couches and the silver bedroom was there, next to the mushroom room, and THAT Was TUNNEL

then in 98, it became largely popular again, with alot of the old limelight crew...and kurfew kept that clubkid vibe alive.....

like comps if u show up in your gear..

partys dont do that anymore, i hope to change that.

But yea.....kurfew dragged the color till probally about 2000-01?, and that was REALLY that last stab at ny club kid's.

buy 2002....it was deff OVER

what was the date tunnel closed, because the last time i was there, was for one nation>? paul johnson rocked the fuzzy room and it was like 110' in there

Wow, lol

oly

Damn, jaysea - nice history lesson! Impressed.

"those were when it was filled with leather white couches and the silver bedroom was there, next to the mushroom room, and THAT Was TUNNEL"

Holy shit - finally someone who KNOWS :) MUSHROOM ROOM!!!! Many a night curled up under a mushroom :)))

Those white leather couches......lining the walls.....the 4-6 people to a bathroom stall and the constant MURMUR of ppl bumping up and scuffling around that bathroom was SICK..........Those window installations with people in suits sitting at tables doing paperwork and you being like OMG what are they doing :))) So original......i remember walking up and down that staircase just looking down the length of the club and being amazed.......

In 11+ yrs of clubs that club and time / party was the most amazing and memorable, hands down - mixed and a little of EVERYTHING totally incredible.......Junior at his best, aside from Arena that's where I felt he really peaked........All his hard progressive vocal buildup tracks - early/mid 90's thats what I STILL listen to :)

Awwww ........what memories! That silver bedroom.....:)