Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pure?

az-tec

I think the grand opening is Feb 21. 2k4

Rooftop patio is nice over looking the Miami river

Main room is big with a raising floor into vip area. DJ booth is raised about the dance area. A nice lighting rig with a very nice eaw sound system.

It should be a nice place, only thing that kills it is getting to it… the roads around it are on way so it’s a bit of a maze.

But I was told its going to be House, Progressive, Trance and after hours.

Dunno about the 24 hour thing, Pod I think is right.

A little history:

The place used to be Escape, Rio, Sky Lounge, Cafe Nostalgia, among other things. Nothing's really lasted around there. Sky Lounge had a nice concept with the "happy hour" crowd, but bad marketing killed it. It's a nifty building, but if they play house, trance and hip-hop, I doubt anyone will go, since a mile or so away is the 24 hour district with Space and soon Nocturnal with the same formats.

Not to shit in their cornflakes, but they've got their work cut out for them...it'll be tough, especially without a 24 hour license.

The Entertainment Specialty (the "ParkWest" district") District is the only place where unrestricted hours of alcohol-serving nightclubs are permitted. The ParkWest district is very small, consisting of the 4 or 5 city blocks surrounding Space. I'm not a city planner, but if this makes sense to you, this is the 24-hour zone:

Miami (B-41). All of Blocks 2N, 3N, 18N, 19N, 20N, 21N, 22N, 23N, 38N, 39N, 40N, 41N, 42N, and 43N.

Howard Johnson Subdivision (79-89). Tract A.

Realty Securities Corp. Subdivision (3-172). Lots 9-16

J.A. Dann's Subdivision (1-36). All of Blocks C and D.

Alice Baldwin, Jenny M. & Charles E. Oxar Subdivision Amended (B-87). All of Block 16.

The Brickell District where this buliding is permits alcohol to be served until 5 AM. However, like Miami Beach, sales can resume at 8 AM.

Originally posted by pod

A little history:

The place used to be Escape, Rio, Sky Lounge, Cafe Nostalgia, among other things. Nothing's really lasted around there. Sky Lounge had a nice concept with the "happy hour" crowd, but bad marketing killed it. It's a nifty building, but if they play house, trance and hip-hop, I doubt anyone will go, since a mile or so away is the 24 hour district with Space and soon Nocturnal with the same formats.

Not to shit in their cornflakes, but they've got their work cut out for them...it'll be tough, especially without a 24 hour license.

The Entertainment Specialty (the "ParkWest" district") District is the only place where unrestricted hours of alcohol-serving nightclubs are permitted. The ParkWest district is very small, consisting of the 4 or 5 city blocks surrounding Space. I'm not a city planner, but if this makes sense to you, this is the 24-hour zone:

Miami (B-41). All of Blocks 2N, 3N, 18N, 19N, 20N, 21N, 22N, 23N, 38N, 39N, 40N, 41N, 42N, and 43N.

Howard Johnson Subdivision (79-89). Tract A.

Realty Securities Corp. Subdivision (3-172). Lots 9-16

J.A. Dann's Subdivision (1-36). All of Blocks C and D.

Alice Baldwin, Jenny M. & Charles E. Oxar Subdivision Amended (B-87). All of Block 16.

The Brickell District where this buliding is permits alcohol to be served until 5 AM. However, like Miami Beach, sales can resume at 8 AM.

POD

can you also tell me the hypotenuse between sobe, parkwest & brickell?

thanks

Assuming a right triangle was created from say, Space, to the Colonial Bank building, then from there to crobar, and then from crobar to Space, the hypotenuse would be the leg from the Colonial Bank building, to crobar.

Originally posted by pod

Assuming a right triangle was created from say, Space, to the Colonial Bank building, then from there to crobar, and then from crobar to Space, the hypotenuse would be the leg from the Colonial Bank building, to crobar.

As reflected on the following graphic:

trnglprt.gif

:confused:

hehe :)

Actually, if you look at my college transcripts, the two math courses I took I got like a C- in at best.

Well, they were both 9 AM courses...so maybe that had something to do with it.

But yeah, go with Mansion, it's a proven team.