Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jeter is a bad captain

jtk4

Originally posted by njdionysus

Mussina Brown Vasquez, a number 1 or 2 starter on any team. Lieber, if he returns to form, Yankees have 4 bonafide starters. Contreras has a lot of potential, has yet to pitch consistently though. What the Yankees really need this season is a young kid to step up out of AAA and pitch some quality innings like other teams are coming up with... hopefully DeJesus wasnt just lucky late last season, throwing a no-hitter for 7-innings in his first major league start! Dont get me wrong, there are a lot of "ifs" in the rotation, but dont think for a second that the Yankees wont go out and get someone if one of the starters dont cut it. Lucky for the Yankees, the team has a rediculously out of control $30 million dollar bullpen which could see plenty of work.

Pedro and Shilling :D i'm loveing it

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt they wil get pitching, also they will probably get vidro from montreal after the allstar break. What they need is a lefty and the only one i can think of would be johnson. i am sure arizona will be out of the running come june. I just do not know what the yanks have to offer.

Maybe jeter

:laugh::tongue:

Looooooookout, the Astros have just signed Nolan Ryan to a 5-year deal!!! :laugh: The Ryan Express was the man back in the day.

Houton Astros: Hall of Famer Nolan Ryan returned to the Astros on Tuesday, signing a five-year personal services contract.

"I feel like it's a homecoming for me," said Ryan, who had worked for the Texas Rangers before his contract expired this month. "I still have friends here. That's unusual in the game today because of all the comings and goings, but I feel honored to a part of it. It's an exciting time for the Astros."

Astros owner Drayton McLane said Ryan will work in all phases of the organization, including on-field instruction.

"He pitched 27 years, and we might make it 28," McLane joked. "but really, we do have a rotation."

Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte, both Houston-area residents, signed as free agents with the Astros during the offseason.

Ryan, the career strikeouts leader, will work with Astros manager Jimy Williams and Pam Gardner, the president of business operations. Ryan will go to spring training some time next month to meet with Williams and get acquainted with the team.

I still think in a couple of years pedro will become a dominent closer.

Pedro for one ininng :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think we will sign him and let lowe go. Sucks but thats baseball, I think we keep pedro because we know he would go to the yanks. I do not think lowe would, he is not cut out for ny.

Originally posted by elementx

:blah: :blah: :blah: Missy!!!

At least you dont have to go to a shitty Texas game to see your man play this year...

Can't wait for this season to begin... Should be fun!!!

Now I can see my sexy A-Rod just about everyday on TV playing FOR my favorite team instead of AGAINST my favorite team. With only my part-time job this year, I can't afford season tickets, but next year, my deposit is going down the minute they start accepting them. :D