Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Soulfuric CD Release Party @ SONAR Review

philippio

What happened last night? CP presence was weak at best. I was expecting to see jcmia and absolutv at the very least! Lolahotass, what happened? Where's the love for Sheldon, people? :confused: And where was Vaughan? Wasn't he supposed to be on Patron duties?

Sheldon's set was very good, just the right amount of vocals and very melodic and deep house music that hit the heart and feet just right! The system can still use a bit of tuning. Highs were a bit too high. I guess that's something for Inbal to work on. I loved when Sheldon dropped the remix of Lisa Stansfield's 'Back to Life'. And a remix of Junior Jack's e Samba (couldn't ID the remix though). I also really liked when he dropped Julie McKnight's 'Home.' Sheldon played a very comprehensive set and most tracks were new to me. No cheesy anthems, no floorfillers, no trance (obviously) and no Space BS. Just good house music!

And he was giving away copies of his mix cd entitled 'deep sensations.'

It was my honor once again to drive up with our famous photographer, Pod and my Mimi! And not that it was a cameo appearance, but Georgeacasta2 was there with Nighstar!

Turn-up was a bit weak but the alcohol was flowing.

Nice to see Inbal, Betty and Baby Sean (who was gettin' down and dirty on the dancefloor most of the time)...

:D:hat:

I was definitely "there"... in spirit :(

My flight didn't land until 11:20 last night and by the time they threw my snowboard out of the side door in baggage claim and drove home, it was almost 1AM :mad: Next week we have a special guest and the week after... The Talented Mr. LUM! :eek: and the week after, Jon Lemmon and Joshua "DeepFriday" Wilkins

Originally posted by lyrik

Wish I could have been there....had valentine's day obligations to attend to ;)

And what's wrong with taking your Valentine to listen to some deep soulful house music? Actually, a lot of people did just that. There were almost exclusively couples at Sonar last night!

Originally posted by philippio

And what's wrong with taking your Valentine to listen to some deep soulful house music? Actually, a lot of people did just that. There were almost exclusively couples at Sonar last night!

Ya...okay did you forget who you are talking to here? when has my wife ever been with me on any of the nights I was out.....I am sure she would have loved the idea of going to a club on valentines day :laugh:

i wanted to go but.......needed a break and some r&r ...but i will be there next week with my cousins

Philip i need to give you honorary medal for keeping up with the good events :) and you need to review for CJ, Saleens rant is getting so stale, your knowledge of real house (and not this mickey mouse so called NY house)...is MUCH NEEDED

JC has been working like a dog, otherwise i know he'd have been there........

i was at state for most of the evening (hopefully, you'll be able to read all about it in an upcoming cj review), but stopped by sonar afterwards to briefly chat with pod, inbal, and sean. i really liked a lot of what i heard; it's a shame that more people weren't there to enjoy it.

Originally posted by norahmiami

i wanted to go but.......needed a break and some r&r ...but i will be there next week with my cousins

Philip i need to give you honorary medal for keeping up with the good events :) and you need to review for CJ, Saleens rant is getting so stale, your knowledge of real house (and not this mickey mouse so called NY house)...is MUCH NEEDED

JC has been working like a dog, otherwise i know he'd have been there........

Thanks for the kind words, Norah! But it's nice to know that there's a few others here on CP that are DT fans at heart!!! I'll be counting on seeing you at NV when he plays! I bet Luis Pig is really mad!

Originally posted by philippio

Thanks for the kind words, Norah! But it's nice to know that there's a few others here on CP that are DT fans at heart!!! I'll be counting on seeing you at NV when he plays! I bet Luis Pig is really mad!

yeah the crowd at NV will be 1000000 at DT and you're right, the real fans will be there enjoying the music and the no-attitude Be Yourself deal...with djs like Vibe, Behrouz, Chus and Ceballos, etc, what else could you ask for....?

Originally posted by lolahotass

Sorry, I got a little trashed in Lauderdale at some dive bar with Miranda... I didn't get back to hollywood until almost 3am.. and by that time, I really needed to sleep....

Ahhh, the good ole Lolahotass I've heard so much about!!!

Don't sweat it babe!