Clubplanet Nightlife Community

how does one become a radio personality?

Usually you get started as a promotion assistant at a radio station and work your way up the food chain! Its shit pay but usually mad fun, you get to learn alot too!

I got my first job in radio after my first semester of college. I was a board op/Producer.

Then I went on to host an afterhours mixshow and did 10-2am weeknights on a station on Long Island.

It helps to have a little college boradcastion or vocational broadcast training!

Originally posted by mattm2o

Usually you get started as a promotion assistant at a radio station and work your way up the food chain! Its shit pay but usually mad fun, you get to learn alot too!

I got my first job in radio after my first semester of college. I was a board op/Producer.

Then I went on to host an afterhours mixshow and did 10-2am weeknights on a station on Long Island.

It helps to have a little college boradcastion or vocational broadcast training!

SO BASICALLY ITS HARD

It is hard. I went to Connecticut School of Broadcasting. It is a school for TV and Radio, all aspects. We learned how to use the board, radio and TV editing.

I want to get into thatbut since I been out of school almost 2 years. I got to go back for a refesher courses. It is free for life. The only thing wrong is after you graduate you have to go out and look for jobs they dont give you any help in that.