Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What to do on Saturday night?

My friends & I arriving aren't in Miami until 6, figure I'll be at the Roney ready to go out by 8 so Ultra is out of the question but there are so many good parties to consider - probably the toughest night to choose from

- Cox @ Crobar

- Sasha & Digweed @ Mansion

- Deep Dish, Howells, Superchumbo, Tong

- Sander @ Nerve

So far I'm thinking Space b/c thats one hell of a lineup but the past few times I've seen Deep Dish I wasn't too impressed - they put me to sleep out here for Memorial Day

What's everyone on here planning?

Originally posted by danswat79

My friends & I arriving aren't in Miami until 6, figure I'll be at the Roney ready to go out by 8 so Ultra is out of the question but there are so many good parties to consider - probably the toughest night to choose from

- Cox @ Crobar

- Sasha & Digweed @ Mansion

- Deep Dish, Howells, Superchumbo, Tong

- Sander @ Nerve

So far I'm thinking Space b/c thats one hell of a lineup but the past few times I've seen Deep Dish I wasn't too impressed - they put me to sleep out here for Memorial Day

What's everyone on here planning?

deep dish at sdpace looks good but they did the same for me last time they put me to sleep to so i dont know

GLOBAL GATHERING

Presented by: Premiere Artists Group & Mission Productions

DJs/Performers: Andy C, The Argonauts (live), Aquasky, As-If, Asle Bjorn, The Beat Junkies - Babu, J. Rocc, Melo-D, Rhettmatic & Shortkut, Carlos Soul Slinger, Danny the Wildchild, Dilated Peoples (live), Dylan, DJ Flux, DJ Wally aka Pish Posh, Ed Rush, Enferno, Gunkhole feat. D-Styles, Ricci Rucker, Mike Boo & Ace (Live), Haviken Hayes, Hive, Ink, Jason Patrick, Jeru the Damaja (live), Jon the Dentist, The Jungle Brothers (Live), Keaton, Keoki, Klever, Loxy, VJ Yusei of Lab Type Zero, Mat the Alien, MC Rhymetyme, Optical, Phantom 45, R.A.W., Syrup Girls – 2x4 – Siren & Star Eyes, Solange, Tech itch, T-Rock, Vicious Vic, and still more TBA

Where: The Ice Palace Film Studio, 59 NW 14th Street, Miami 33137

When: 7pm - 6am

Price: $25 pre-sale/ $35 at the door. Advanced tiocket son sale at Club Tickets. M3 Summit Passport Event

Weblinks: Global Gathering | Premiere Artists Group

Details: Doors open at 7pm sharp, 500 pre-sale tickets @ $25 available at Clubtickets.com, this is an 18 and up event in a beautiful indoor and outdoor smoke friendly venue, with lots of CD, vinyl, stickers, and T-shirt giveaways.

:D

One thing to know about the S&D show is that if you buy advance tix ($40) you are still only guaranteed admission before midnight...then if it fills up you are SOL.

This is what I want to go see but I know I wont get there till after Ultra and would rather not pay $40 for nada.

Just an FYI.

Definately a tough call, would prefer to go see Sasha and Digweed, but after Ultra I'd prefer a party where I can just go and lounge out and have a good time and guarenteed an entry. So I'm thinking the Global Gathering party. Anyhow I'd love to catch up w/ my friend Jon the Dentist from the UK, it's been a few years. Gotta show my support to Destiny Productions!;)

Originally posted by eastcoastbabe

Definately a tough call, would prefer to go see Sasha and Digweed, but after Ultra I'd prefer a party where I can just go and lounge out and have a good time and guarenteed an entry. So I'm thinking the Global Gathering party. Anyhow I'd love to catch up w/ my friend Jon the Dentist from the UK, it's been a few years. Gotta show my support to Destiny Productions!;)

I've got it narrowed down to Cox @ Crobar, or the Global Gathering party myself....

Seeing as how you are quite the cutie, you are hereby welcome to hang with me. But, I will require that you provide positive input into my final decision... ;)

:tongue:

:D

Originally posted by mikeynine999

deep dish at sdpace looks good but they did the same for me last time they put me to sleep to so i dont know

While I agree that sometimes Deep Dish can be hit or miss, last year's Deep Dish set @ Space was fucking great. I figure if they are really going to push for an awesome set it will be at something like this, so you are probably safe. In any event, Danny Howells will be there and he is always great as well.

I would have to say Carl Cox.

If your a Miami local or a yank in general then you will know that Carl is a bastard hard DJ to book and his worldwide demand is going to make his sets in Miami few & far between.

My mate Larry got his head bitten off last year for telling Miami

that the "Big Black Cox" was a no show during WMC 2003 for sure.

:direct:

(kill the messenger)

So take my advice & submit to the COX.

Cox is very tempting...

Unfortunately my other cohorts have already made the decision...

DELTA HEAVY.... S&D.

---------------------

man, as a newbie, i'm really getting stuck with the mega DJ's exclusively. I'd prefer to see the other talent, but I guess not...

PVD & Marco V

Ultra

Sasha & Digweed

Tiesto & Sander

AVB & Method

Oaky & Ferry

Events at Tantra Restaurant & Lounge

Abstract Rhythm & Club Planet present the following events at Tantra Restaurant & Lounge during the Winter Music Conference:

Saturday, March 6, 2004: Central Park Recordings 2004 Showcase featuring

Tortured Soul/LIVE (Central Park Recordings)

Eric Kupper (Hysteria)

Osunlade (Yoruba)

Ron Trent (USG/Giant Step/African Blues)

Grant Nelson (Swing City)

Knee Deep (Records of Interest)

Alix Alvarez

Scott Richmond & Janel Roland (tagteam)

EBAR

With the sounds of live percussionist Don Tonic (Abstract Rhythm/Atlanta) in the main room.

In the VIP Room:

Mili Sefic (Ultra Fonic, Fuel, Abstact Rhythm/Chicago)

Avex Axiom (Majestic Nightlife, Abstract Rhythm/Chicago)

Eve Falcon (Los Angeles, CA)

Mirza (Essential Groove/West Palm Beach)

Others to be announced.

Tuesday, March 9, 2004: San Francisco's Red Melon Records Presents "Melon" featuring:

Dano (Red Melon/San Francisco)

Tuhin Roy (Red Melon/San Francisco)

Aldrin (Zouk/Singapore)

Q-Burns Abstract Message

Chris Udoh (Tigerhook Corporation/Philadelphia)

SEN-SEI & DJ Jesse Brooks of "The Atwater Syndicate"/ LIVE

(Yoshitoshi, Offset Music UK, Turnaround-Sound, Red

Melon)

With the sounds of live percussionist Don Tonic (Abstract Rhythm/Atlanta) in the main room.

In the VIP Room:

Eve Falcon (Los Angeles, CA)

Becha (The Womb/Miami)

Andrew Chibale (The Womb/Miami)

Others to be announced.

Wednesday, March 10, 2004: Deejaybooking.com- Miami Showcase 2004-The Closing Party! featuring:

Junior Jack & Kid Creme (Subliminal, Defected, Positiva, P.I.A.S. / BE / IT)

Dr. Kucho! (Weekend records / Madrid)-|Exclusive Appearance|

Paul Johnson & K-Alexi (Dusttraxx / Chicago)/(Trax Records/Chicago)

DJ Pierre (King Street, Night Grooves / Chicago)

Harrison Crump (Subliminal Records/Chicago)

Rune RK/Artificial Funk (Credence Records/Denmark)

Jules Spinner-Bhangra Knights (EMI, Positiva, Lowered Recordings / UK)

DJ Prinz (Café d’Anvers / Belgium)

In the VIP Room:

Don Tonic (Abstract Rhythm/Atlanta)

Nick Rockwell (Mix Connection/Chicago)

Others to be announced.

Each event starts at 9:00 p.m. Cover is $20.00.

Tantra Restaurant & Lounge is located at 1445 Pennsylvania Avenue, Miami Beach, Florida 33139. For dinner reservations please call (305) 672-4765. Website: www.tantrarestaurant.com

Dress code strictly enforced.

More info/flyer posting soon.

:eek: :eek: :eek: