Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what club is that in 25th hour?

Originally posted by drbabybutt

Recalling that film, I thought the shots outside the club before they went inside were out in front of Fun in Chinatown- was the film shot inside and outside of Shelter?

Actually I haven't seen the film yet but I was told by Shelter owners that they fimed the inside shots in the club. The outside stuff may well have been shot in Chinatown

JD

Originally posted by silverbull

the outside is not shelter, the inside isnt either. The outside was shot in brooklyn if you ask me. But then again who knows i might be wrong also.,

Silverbull is correct - its Brooklyn. Spike Lee explains this in the DVD. Brooklyn was used for the outside shots, and I think he used a gym or some type of hall for the inside shots, but it was not an actual club - he just set it up to appear as such.

Monte Brogan

Originally posted by pangelid

i remember reading that the inside and outside were shot at different places. Pretty sure one spot was SPA.

They shot "Made" at Spa

25th hour was definately shot at Shelter

They actually cast some patrons and employees as extras for the movie.. not sure about the outside scenes tho.. Its very possible they shot em somewhere else..

Originally posted by montebrogan

Silverbull is correct - its Brooklyn. Spike Lee explains this in the DVD. Brooklyn was used for the outside shots, and I think he used a gym or some type of hall for the inside shots, but it was not an actual club - he just set it up to appear as such.

Monte Brogan

I saw this too..........he's right