Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone been to Downtime?

I stepped in there last night, it was a crazy fucking goth party, but I love how much detail and creativity the crowd had in their style.... of course I fit right in w/ my blue jeans and Pumas.

Anyway, I am thinking about throwing a party in the main room there, any thoughts on the space for those that know it?

its deff a very well known ny spot, its much like the coney island high, live bands> goth new wave dark, industrial, very spooky kinda crowd... its cool tho, the last real goth club, that was cool was MOTHER. now filter 14, lol

mother wsd the shit, but very small

downtime has a after hours permit to, dancing can go till 8am there, maybe later

Originally posted by jaysea

its deff a very well known ny spot, its much like the coney island high, live bands> goth new wave dark, industrial, very spooky kinda crowd... its cool tho, the last real goth club, that was cool was MOTHER. now filter 14, lol

mother wsd the shit, but very small

downtime has a after hours permit to, dancing can go till 8am there, maybe later

Interesting....

I've been going on and off to Downtime on Saturdays for 10 years now. The name of the party is Albion/Batcave. Its cool but it gets repetitive. Expect to hear the same songs every week.

Fridays I believe they have a hip-hop night. Any other night they have bands play at the stage downstairs.

The owner's name is Neville Wells. He is a really cool guy, you can see him often there drinking and having fun.

Saturdays at MOTHER were awesome. People still talk about that place.(sniff)

Ok when I cruised through there during my "Venue Search" (that's my way of justifying the kind of night I had), it was the goth party and it was really cool b/c I am never exposed to that scene. But (!) the place was half empty and the crowd was a lil' mangled and not hitting the bar, but I left there early, around 1.

I am looking into doing a Thurs night thingie... The Fri night party is the party that used to be at the Warehouse in the Bronx...