OF SLEEP WITH US SATURDAYS @ SLEEP 2/28/04

WITH MUSIC BY

DJ TONY TEE & DAVE MARINO

KTU BROADCASTING LIVE THE SAT. NIGHT DANCE FACTORY

LIVE W/ BROADWAY BILL LEE

CD GIVEAWAYS ALL NIGHT

18 FOR LADIES 21 FOR GUYS

THIS WILL BE AN EVENT NOT TO MISS

TO BE PLACED ON THE GUEST LIST EMAIL BRIAN R.

AT MISSIONPROMO@YAHOO.COM

:bump: :bump:

this place had more grand openings than club cherri.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by vip-tech

DUDE, TAKE IT EASY. MY COMMENTS WERE NOT MENT TO BASH YOU. JUST THAT YOU WERE NOT THERE ANYMORE.

BUT......

STOP ACTING LIKE YOU'RE SOMETHING SPECIAL....CUZ YER NOT.

YOU CAN REMIX ALL THE SONGS YOU WANT.......YOUR STILL UNKNOWN IN THE JERSEY SCENE......SORRY......

Unknown? I've been around for 8 years (Abyss, Joey’s, Poor Billy’s, Surf Club, D’Jais, Velocity, Hangar, Sleep, XL, Cell Block) and not once did I ever work directly for a promoter. All full nights on my own. Not a bad career for an “unknown.†At this point in my life, I could really care less if I am "known," as I have great career outside the music industry. I gave up trying to be a superstar years ago. Being known in NJ is a merely a product of promoter hype anyway. Where were you 6 years ago when I was playing 4 nights a week? I may be “unknown,†but I still had a guest list of 170 people for my record release party. Not bad considering I work 40-60 hours a week at my full time job. You guys have all day to promote and still can’t pack a room.

As far as the remixes go, a high ranking executive at a record company once told me that if your record is not a hit in the NYC are than you are doing the right thing. There is a whole world out there beyond the NYC area. At least I get hired to do work. In this era of downloading what records are a hit?

Maybe, you are the one that is nothing special. You should realize that as a promoter you should be trying to make friends, not piss off people like you do on a regular basis. Maybe you’ll get more of a crowd.

Those who know me know how much I dislike promoters. Yes, I am taking your smart ass comments personally. I AM PISSED!

I apologize to the staff and owners of Club Sleep for having this drama under a post about their club. I just feel that I shouldn’t have to take B.S from some second rate promoters.

Shout outs to Rocco, Ron, Jay, Carl, Chris, Mike (lightman) and Tony T. I’ll see you guys soon.

Let me interject here regarding the accusations mad towards Vip-tech: To shed some light to the situation so that all the idiots can figure it out............. while Vip-tech was promoting CLUB CHERRI these same cp peeps(if my memory serves me correctly) were bashing that club as well.....so what sense does the accusations here make?NONE...... So to all the detectives on this thread that think they figured something out you need to dig a little deeper...........

And to all the computer toughguys........GROW UP ALREADY....this is gay.............

And to club sleep......I apologize for not making it down there for Denny, but you know woman............plans change last minute!!!

Originally posted by missionpromo

tonight will be one of those nights. hope every one is ready.

stiffler you should try to make itout to sleep tonight its going to get crazy

Wish I could but its tax season and I wont be going out until after the 15th of april possibly even late may since im going to St Marteen in the beginning of May.....

Thanx anyway and sorry again for last week

Originally posted by inthemix

Unknown? I've been around for 8 years (Abyss, Joey’s, Poor Billy’s, Surf Club, D’Jais, Velocity, Hangar, Sleep, XL, Cell Block) and not once did I ever work directly for a promoter. All full nights on my own. Not a bad career for an “unknown.” At this point in my life, I could really care less if I am "known," as I have great career outside the music industry. I gave up trying to be a superstar years ago. Being known in NJ is a merely a product of promoter hype anyway. Where were you 6 years ago when I was playing 4 nights a week? I may be “unknown,” but I still had a guest list of 170 people for my record release party. Not bad considering I work 40-60 hours a week at my full time job. You guys have all day to promote and still can’t pack a room.

As far as the remixes go, a high ranking executive at a record company once told me that if your record is not a hit in the NYC are than you are doing the right thing. There is a whole world out there beyond the NYC area. At least I get hired to do work. In this era of downloading what records are a hit?

Maybe, you are the one that is nothing special. You should realize that as a promoter you should be trying to make friends, not piss off people like you do on a regular basis. Maybe you’ll get more of a crowd.

Those who know me know how much I dislike promoters. Yes, I am taking your smart ass comments personally. I AM PISSED!

A- THE ONLY REASON I RESPONDED IN THE FIRST PLACE WAS BECAUSE SLEEP HAS BEEN CHANGING THERE DJ's FASTER THAN I CHANGE MY DRAWS....NOTHING AGAINST YOU. YOU JUST DECIDED THAT IT WAS PERSONAL, WHICH IT WASN'T.

B- CAN'T PACK A ROOM? COME TO MY TUESDAY PARTY, OR THE FRIDAY PARTY, I DO MORE ON A TUE THEN SLEEP DOES ON A FRI OR SAT, EVEN W/ THE DESPERATE MOVE OF GOIN 18 AND UP.

C- YOU DON'T WORK W PROMOTERS??? I MUST OF BEEN TALKIN TO SOMEONE ELSE WHEN YOU WERE ASKING ME IF I COULD BOOK YOU IN A GUEST SPOT.

D- YEAH...I ADMIT, SOMETIMES I LET SOME DOUCHIE POST GET TO ME AND I SAY SOMETHING INAPROPRIATE BEING IN THE BIZ I'M IN,

I GUESS I'M NOT PERFECT.

SO LEMME GET THIS STRAIGHT, YOU DON'T WORK W/ PROMTERS

YOU HAD A RECORD RELEASE PARTY WHERE YOU HAD A LIST OF 170 PPL??? WHOA...

YOU ARE DOIN SOMETHING RIGHT WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE A HIT IN NYC.....OK...THAT MAKES SENSE...

BEST OF LUCK W/ YOUR DAY JOB. I WOULD'NT LEAVE IT JUST YET.

I'M DONE W/ THE GAYNESS OF THIS REPLY. PEECE OUT.

lets keep this one on track plz?

Brian- nice seeing you Tony ,Jeff , Ms Portugal, Suzen, the 7 new chicks added to the group

all those hotties that ransacked the dj booth at 2am

Dave "M" and so so so many more

ill have the photo gallery ready for you to see on monday morning

pics are all loaded

and

attn: Tech------ dude u needed to see it,, the place WAS 90% packed and im being totaly unbiased

Thanks to EVERYONE who came out last night. Dave and I had a seriously great night. The vibe was very cool, and the people were pretty! ;o) Brian, thank you for the opportunity to rip shit up!

Anyone have a review?

A- THE ONLY REASON I RESPONDED IN THE FIRST PLACE WAS BECAUSE SLEEP HAS BEEN CHANGING THERE DJ's FASTER THAN I CHANGE MY DRAWS....NOTHING AGAINST YOU. YOU JUST DECIDED THAT IT WAS PERSONAL, WHICH IT WASN'T.

B- CAN'T PACK A ROOM? COME TO MY TUESDAY PARTY, OR THE FRIDAY PARTY, I DO MORE ON A TUE THEN SLEEP DOES ON A FRI OR SAT, EVEN W/ THE DESPERATE MOVE OF GOIN 18 AND UP.

C- YOU DON'T WORK W PROMOTERS??? I MUST OF BEEN TALKIN TO SOMEONE ELSE WHEN YOU WERE ASKING ME IF I COULD BOOK YOU IN A GUEST SPOT.

D- YEAH...I ADMIT, SOMETIMES I LET SOME DOUCHIE POST GET TO ME AND I SAY SOMETHING INAPROPRIATE BEING IN THE BIZ I'M IN,

I GUESS I'M NOT PERFECT.

SO LEMME GET THIS STRAIGHT, YOU DON'T WORK W/ PROMTERS

YOU HAD A RECORD RELEASE PARTY WHERE YOU HAD A LIST OF 170 PPL??? WHOA...

YOU ARE DOIN SOMETHING RIGHT WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE A HIT IN NYC.....OK...THAT MAKES SENSE...

BEST OF LUCK W/ YOUR DAY JOB. I WOULD'NT LEAVE IT JUST YET.

I'M DONE W/ THE GAYNESS OF THIS REPLY. PEECE OUT.

I think I figured out what happened. You forgot to log in under your name "clubgod" when you made your original post about me.

It sure sounds like you have a problem with Sleep based on your latest remarks.

I wouldn't leave my career for a nightclub if I spun 5 nights a week. Perhaps YOU should consider getting a day job because your future in this business doesn't look too good. You've upset a lot of influencial people in this industry and I'm sure it will catch up with you in the future when you are trying to find a new spot to promote.

Bottom line, DON'T INTERFERE WITH MY BUSINESS AGAIN!

This subject is closed.

Shout outs to Tony T for a great night Saturday. Shout outs to Anthony and Jay for the extra strength drinks.

Attention.......your ecstasy is played out!

These kids don't know, keep doing your thing and send me a copy of your new song.

It sure sounds like you have a problem with Sleep based on your latest remarks.

You've upset a lot of influencial people in this industry and I'm sure it will catch up with you in the future when you are trying to find a new spot to promote.

I HAVE NO PROBLEM W/ SLEEP OR THE PEOPLE AT SLEEP.

EXCEPT FOR ROCCO. HE'S JUST A DORK.....LOL

DREW AND RON ARE MAD COOL AND AGAIN.....WE NEVER ARGUED ONCE AND LEFT ON GOOD TERMS.

UPSET INFLUENCIAL PEOPLE.....WHO...YOU?? CAMONN.....

MABYE IT WILL CATCH UP WITH ME WHEN I'M IN SOUTH BEACH RUNNIN 1 OF THE 5 PARTIES WE ARE DOING, AND YOUR DELIVERING UPS BOXES IN THE RAIN.

AND WE WILL BE ANNOUNCING OUR 2 NEW VENUES IN A MATTER OF DAYS....SO SIT TIGHT. MABYE IF YOU WANNA COME IN AND WARM UP THE TURNTABLES FOR GIORGIO TILL 10PM, I'LL SEE WHAT I CAN DO. ALSO I SEE YOU TRIED TO PM ME, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO E MAIL ME W ANY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, OR THREATS.

TEMPTSTEK@HOTMAIL.COM OR BETTER YET, CALL ME. I GAVE YOU MY CARD THE LAST TIME YOU ASKED ME FOR A GUEST SPOT.

LATER TATER.

I HAVE NO PROBLEM W/ SLEEP OR THE PEOPLE AT SLEEP.

EXCEPT FOR ROCCO. HE'S JUST A DORK.....LOL

DREW AND RON ARE MAD COOL AND AGAIN.....WE NEVER ARGUED ONCE AND LEFT ON GOOD TERMS.

UPSET INFLUENCIAL PEOPLE.....WHO...YOU?? CAMONN.....

MABYE IT WILL CATCH UP WITH ME WHEN I'M IN SOUTH BEACH RUNNIN 1 OF THE 5 PARTIES WE ARE DOING, AND YOUR DELIVERING UPS BOXES IN THE RAIN.

AND WE WILL BE ANNOUNCING OUR 2 NEW VENUES IN A MATTER OF DAYS....SO SIT TIGHT. MABYE IF YOU WANNA COME IN AND WARM UP THE TURNTABLES FOR GIORGIO TILL 10PM, I'LL SEE WHAT I CAN DO. ALSO I SEE YOU TRIED TO PM ME, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO E MAIL ME W ANY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, OR THREATS.

TEMPTSTEK@HOTMAIL.COM OR BETTER YET, CALL ME. I GAVE YOU MY CARD THE LAST TIME YOU ASKED ME FOR A GUEST SPOT.

Dear Clubgod......I mean VIP-tech,

My full time career is civil engineering. I also have three college degrees. Maybe you want to reneg the UPS comment?

Woa, South Beach. Been there, done that. I played there 5 years ago at the Conference.

You keep mentioning guest spots. I always explore options that are available to me. However, once I saw how you act towards people I reconsidered.

As of now, I am done with D.J'ing and won't be returning unless it falls in my lap. I'll be getting my next two records ready for later in the year.

Joe is a great D.J. and a nice guy and I have nothing but respect for him. We has certainly paid he dues and I wish him well in his future endevors.

Hopefully, you'll be getting paid for those "parties" and not working for free like you did your last month or so at Sleep.

Sorry.....I lost your card. I think I used it as a coaster for one of my drinks. Either that or I dropped it in a urinal.

Any more comments or is this issue finished?

In the Mix

Originally posted by davisg

Attention.......your ecstasy is played out!

These kids don't know, keep doing your thing and send me a copy of your new song.

I forgot about the record with Izzy. LOL People still laugh about it. I heard some recent remixes you did and they were phat!! You need to be on a record. Call me ASAP, maybe I can help you with that. I also have to get the Jana record to you. Me and old man White will be down to visit you soon. I just have to get him outside his 5 mile radius. LOL

Any more comments or is this issue finished?

In the Mix

Keep arguing, thats more entertaining. :D

Jeff just go download...

peter presta ft.jana - do it mr dj (chris sammarco mix) :rolleyes:

Chris remind me to give you a quarter next time I see you, I DL'd your song and I want to give you the royalties. :D

Originally posted by thehype

thats how much it goes for in the used vinyl bins at the local flee market :D

Dont be mean, thats not nice Mr. Go listen to some trance why dont ya! By the way, the two girls in your sig are hot, but its all about the brunettes.

I forgot about the record with Izzy. LOL People still laugh about it. I heard some recent remixes you did and they were phat!! You need to be on a record. Call me ASAP, maybe I can help you with that. I also have to get the Jana record to you. Me and old man White will be down to visit you soon. I just have to get him outside his 5 mile radius. LOL

I think it's funny how how you are a quote: "Unknown" yet people are downloading your songs. Thanks for the compliment, I'll call you later.