Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Thoughts on Circa Lounge- Care to contribute?

djttee

I know this place is hallowed ground for many of you so I'll tread lightly :D

No bashing, please. Just looking for insight.

The place is very very pretty; great set up for the "lounge & mingle" crowd. The people, I must say, are really good-looking! Oooooh ladies, you really know how to put yourselves together;) It's good to see people dress nicely and try to look their best.

Not too bad in the attitude department either, though I stayed inside my circle this week. Two weeks ago, I did meet some really cool people! Props to you!

THE MUSIC: when this place opened up, the program was "trying" so hard. Honestly, I think it was a case of certain players telling the DJ what should be done. Plus maybe the DJ being outside of his element. Not really sure about that, but for the past month, the thursday program is 100% on the money. It's not just me saying it; I hear it from everyone I talk to about this night!

Respect for a great DJ is critical when he deserves it. Jeff does. And recognition for people in the industry who frequent a club is important, too.

[i've editing this post so as not to be misunderstood. Just realize that you've got a great night going ;) ]

Nope...not at all... please don't misunderstand.

I just wondered if I was missing something here, that's all.

And I like the place. It's got a great feel, esp for Jersey! I wouldnt go there 3 weeks in a row on thursday AND sunday if I didn't. I'm not 'airing', but I know you guys on this board a lot. And there are a lot of DJs who make their rounds up there more than my area....just trying to feel it out.

If you really thought you were missin something.... the right more would be to ask your boy. somethin like " hey was it me or was that a little messed up???" and if he agreed with ya.. He should say something to the management. Personally I've never seen the DJ get a bill for drinks, not at circa, the old Metro, nor Merge. but that's just my $0.02 I wasn't there last night so I can't say first hand..

all I have to say is.. "Common Sense is NOT Common".. enough said.

Peace

I think circa should play more gangster rap WTF?!

I think circa is to white, and caters to the white man way to much. :mad: I have seen peaty K where Sean Paul clothes, why is he in denial with this 80s shit? I think they need to change to non stop gun bullet noise gangster rap. I’m in the industry and I know what people want and its fity

Originally posted by notallthere444

I think circa is to white, and caters to the white man way to much. :mad: I have seen peaty K where Sean Paul clothes, why is he in denial with this 80s shit? I think they need to change to non stop gun bullet noise gangster rap. I’m in the industry and I know what people want and its fity

:laugh:

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

this is not like you. Editing. Getting a little soft in yor old age i see. ;)

I was waiting for someone to give me shit....figures it came from you...Yeah Im getting soft in my old age....I dunno just not in the mood to pick a fight today...YEAH RIGHT.

nahy it was settled thru pm's...misunderstanding..Tony is a good guy

Originally posted by notallthere444

I think circa is to white, and caters to the white man way to much. I have seen peaty K where Sean Paul clothes, why is he in denial with this 80s shit? I think they need to change to non stop gun bullet noise gangster rap. I’m in the industry and I know what people want and its fity

BOOYAKA BOOYAKA BOOYAKA BOOYAKA

BUK BUK

BLAKAW BLAKAWWW

Dj tony tee?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Didnt you do a teen night for us a while back?

Let me just say this................

when YOU tony t put every cent YOU have ever made and put your heart,soul, and BRAINS into opening 3 of the most successful clubs EVER in jersey in the HARDEST markets, (metro lounge,merge, and now circa at the jersey shore & in bergen county)And overcome more OBSTACILES than every club in the last 10 years combined.................

Then YOU can decide which music to play.

And maybe, JUST MAYBE, when you have held a R-E-S-E-D-E-N-C-Y

in THE SAME club for more than a few YEARS AS A DJ, than MAYBE you can have "input" into where the music is going.

We havnt been wrong yet , HAVE WE? But until then, WE will decide what OUR family wants to hear.

and also , the last time checked, when someone pays YOU , that means that you are working for THEM , which also means you do wha they ASK of you.

Are you serious when you said WE should realise what a good night we have DO YOU THINK WE NEED YOU TO TELL US HOW LUCKEY WE ARE, WE COUNT OUR BLESSINGS EVERY DAY but also keep in mind, IT DID NOT HAPPEN BY ACCIDENT .....well for your info , we have 3 of those good nights at circa, not just thurs. , and it was packed and doing great BEFORE your friend was there, and theres a good chance it will be after. (no disrespect to you jeff if you read this board , but, with friends like him "supporting" he could probably do mnore harm than good)I dont understand where this is coming from. We were the ones that thought jeff was awsome and gave him props right on this board , Thats why he has the job, so WTF?

(boy oh boy, the Richie Rydells of the world are few and very very very far between, imagine if these guys ever played at merge of metro?)

ANYONE WANA KNOW WHY THE SCENE IS FUCKED UP??????

THE WRONG PEOPLE HAVE WAY,WAY TO MUCH TO SAY.

aTTENTION OWNERS,PROMOTORS ETC..........we decide what OUR people want (and also in deciding that, we are responsible if it goes good or bad). And when you have a dj that is LOYAL and dedicated to you annnnnd does whats best for the club(no just himself) Treat and respect his input like a king, and work together and GUIDE each other........

Leave that responsbility SOLEY ( AND I STRESS SOLEY) in someone elses hands, say goodby to your club/night reeeeal soon!

Originally posted by djttee

THE MUSIC: when this place opened up, the program was "trying" so hard. Honestly, I think it was a case of certain players telling the DJ what should be done. Plus maybe the DJ being outside of his element. Not really sure about that, but for the past month, the thursday program is 100% on the money. It's not just me saying it; I hear it from everyone I talk to about this night!

Respect for a great DJ is critical when he deserves it. Jeff does. And recognition for people in the industry who frequent a club is important, too.

-------------------------------------------

Jeff is good, plays the room well but Troy St. Charles and Silbillia play the room just as good IMO... There all on the same level.

- I like the music at Circa b/c there is soooo much to choose from w/ the house/hip hop/r and b/80s selection to choose from. You know Im getting old when Im the only one singing along to "the Stroke" by Billy Squirer (sp?)

Watch how many other clubs will be doing Circa wanna be parties in the comming months (actually some already are)

Now heres my weekly complaint to hear more Beastie Boys and someone drop Led Zeplin (yet to be played at Circa, tons of Zep songs would pop the place):D

Hi guys---

First off, thank you Kosta for going out of your way and setting it straight, bro. When I originally posted, I had a couple of comments that didn't need to be there. I clarified with Kosta, and he was cool enough to retract his comments as well. Props.

I never said I didn't like the venue. I said the opposite. I DO give you guys credit for revamping that place, and doing it well! I was there opening night with a large group of friends, had dinner, drinks, etc. And i've actually been there more in the past couple of months than to Metro most of the time it was open. And that was pretty much to say 'hi' to Richie or to play.

I'm not into getting all negative, so I'll let a lot of stuff go. I'm not telling anyone what to play. All I did was offer an opinion, and compliment the DJ. I don't know how that's an issue. And when I said you guys were "lucky," I meant 'fortunate.' I was just recognizing the talent. Good business isn't built on luck. Anyone who's even mildly successful will tell you this.

Finally, I give my all to every place I play; I always have. IMO, there are few who give as much. That's why I continue to be able to do what I love more than anything.

Now.... it's been a long-ass day of running around. Who's got the Goose?! :banghead: