Plastikman Live! 06.03.04

rcrespo

Somethin to really go OMFG about.

PRESS RELEASE

FIRST PLASTIKMAN LIVE SHOW IN 9 YEARS

ANNOUNCED TODAY

Windsor, Ontario

March 2nd, 2004

Richie Hawtin announced today the first Plastikman live show on plastikman.com. The event will take place June 3rd, 2004 in Montreal, Canada as the opening event to this year’s Mutek festival (mutek.ca). It will be the first live performance of Plastikman material since 1995.

Hawtin describes the show as a rare, one-night performance incorporating multiple media with the artist controlling all parameters of the event. As with his DJ sets, he will also involve unprecedented new artistic technologies — all developed and customised for this show.

The following entities are partners in producing the show:

Mutek — www.mutek.ca

Derivative Inc. — www.derivativeinc.com

Crush Inc. — www.crushinc.com

Ableton, AG — www.ableton.com

Digidesign — www.digidesign.com

Turkish video artist Ali Mahmut Demirel, who directed the eye-popping video for the ‘Disconnect’ (novamute/Minus) single, as well as new media event producer/curator Kevin McHugh have both contributed to Hawtin’s plans.

Previous Plastikman live shows have achieved almost mythic renown. Artists, critics, and fans still talk about performances at Glastonbury Festival, Tribal Gathering, and underground events in Detroit. In the years since, Hawtin has increased his profile as a DJ and producer, constantly updating, innovating and pioneering new technologies. The current Plastikman album ‘Closer’ is out now on novamute/M-nus.

Planetrip anyone?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Originally posted by rcrespo

Somethin to really go OMFG about.

PRESS RELEASE

FIRST PLASTIKMAN LIVE SHOW IN 9 YEARS

ANNOUNCED TODAY

Windsor, Ontario

March 2nd, 2004

Richie Hawtin announced today the first Plastikman live show on plastikman.com. The event will take place June 3rd, 2004 in Montreal, Canada as the opening event to this year’s Mutek festival (mutek.ca). It will be the first live performance of Plastikman material since 1995.

Hawtin describes the show as a rare, one-night performance incorporating multiple media with the artist controlling all parameters of the event. As with his DJ sets, he will also involve unprecedented new artistic technologies — all developed and customised for this show.

The following entities are partners in producing the show:

Mutek — www.mutek.ca

Derivative Inc. — www.derivativeinc.com

Crush Inc. — www.crushinc.com

Ableton, AG — www.ableton.com

Digidesign — www.digidesign.com

Turkish video artist Ali Mahmut Demirel, who directed the eye-popping video for the ‘Disconnect’ (novamute/Minus) single, as well as new media event producer/curator Kevin McHugh have both contributed to Hawtin’s plans.

Previous Plastikman live shows have achieved almost mythic renown. Artists, critics, and fans still talk about performances at Glastonbury Festival, Tribal Gathering, and underground events in Detroit. In the years since, Hawtin has increased his profile as a DJ and producer, constantly updating, innovating and pioneering new technologies. The current Plastikman album ‘Closer’ is out now on novamute/M-nus.

Planetrip anyone?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yep I read about this too....this is truly gonna be something special. If this comes out on a DVD I will actually buy this.....this would be well worth spending the money on. Would love to see this live!

since i'm not going to conference this year and i'm not all that far from montreal i've actually been thinking about going to mutek this year as it's something i've wanted to do for a long time now. i've known about this plastikman gig for a few months now and it's been one of the MAJOR considerations for me going to mutek this year. i am DEF. going to start saving for this and hopefully if all goes well i will be there for sure! :)