Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Centro? Purim

I know i'm like 5 months late on this but i've been out of the loop for a while.

I went to Centro last night for the Jewish Purim party. What the hell did they do to that place? It took me 1/2 hr to recognize where I was standing. They totally redid the main room.. and it SUCKS.

I was talking to one of the security guards... he said tons of people hate it. How's business over there?

The party was ok, tons and tons of people. Nobody knew how to dance, most people were lame. DJ sucked and train wrecked every mix. Anyone else go?

Originally posted by teklord310

I know i'm like 5 months late on this but i've been out of the loop for a while.

I went to Centro last night for the Jewish Purim party. What the hell did they do to that place? It took me 1/2 hr to recognize where I was standing. They totally redid the main room.. and it SUCKS.

I was talking to one of the security guards... he said tons of people hate it. How's business over there?

The party was ok, tons and tons of people. Nobody knew how to dance, most people were lame. DJ sucked and train wrecked every mix. Anyone else go?

no. of course no one else went.

Oh...and ps....Centro is closing. :rolleyes:

Yea I went.. Pain in the ass to get in,, got there around 1 they stoped letting people in cuz too many people were crowding the front I had to buy a $20 ticket for 25, The promoters were selling them in front. Once inside it was packed. Did u see the miggilah reading in the back,, haaa Megilah reading and Go Go Dancers!!

Originally posted by atgordo

Yea I went.. Pain in the ass to get in,, got there around 1 they stoped letting people in cuz too many people were crowding the front I had to buy a $20 ticket for 25, The promoters were selling them in front. Once inside it was packed. Did u see the miggilah reading in the back,, haaa Megilah reading and Go Go Dancers!!

Yeah tell me about it.. No I missed the reading... Nobody knew where it was. It was funny asking the "others" if they knew. Definetely an odd mix of the jewish crowd and ghetto hip-hop crowd.

Didn't know centro was closing.. that sucks. Oh well.

Originally posted by klubbheadsor

Damn Centro Fly is going to close?:confused: Why? How did that night go with all the NYC dj's spinning the entire night?

which night was that?

last time I was at Centro was for Layo&Bushwacka! and it was off the hook. They changed the interior which I didn't like much, but the sound system is a MAJOR improvement.

doesn't make sense that they would redecorate and close.

might just be a bs rumor

Originally posted by pandora1305

which night was that?

last time I was at Centro was for Layo&Bushwacka! and it was off the hook. They changed the interior which I didn't like much, but the sound system is a MAJOR improvement.

doesn't make sense that they would redecorate and close.

might just be a bs rumor

The night I was referring to was a night say near the end of January or early Feb of this year. :confused: It was supposed to be a new night there and they brought in all the NYC dj's including: Boris, Jason Ojeda, Richie Santana,and Shawn Ink. I was just wondering if it was any good and if you or someone knew how it went down? I haven't been to Centro Fly in ages but I did like it the way it was. It's a nice club that hopefully won't close down. I may have to check it out soon because you never know it could be the last time they open!! :eek:

yeah

i remember hearing about that party but not about how it went

was there something else going on that weekend that people went to instead

that might have beem on a holiday weekend like mlk or presidents when people were away snowboarding or skiing

Originally posted by carrera69

yeah

i remember hearing about that party but not about how it went

was there something else going on that weekend that people went to instead

that might have beem on a holiday weekend like mlk or presidents when people were away snowboarding or skiing

I think it was called Freedom or something? Anyways I think it was the last week of January or something there after. I'm sure someone from this board when to that night. It seems like it may have been a one time thing because I haven't heard about it since. Centro Fly usually doesn't bring in the NYC djs. It usually targets a variety of different djs that people don't hear too much about.:dj: That's why Centro Fly is unique.